No announcement yet.

Former Shockers Media Mentions & Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tier 1: X, cliff, AC, Dave, Cleo, Ross, Fred. god tier. All jerseys should be hung.
    Tier 2: Warren, Ron, Cle, Tekele, Perez, PJ, Nate, and about 20 others. All were team stand outs and fan favorites but not god tier. Cle was close, but he’s like Larry Johnson is to the chiefs.
    Tier 3: Evan Wessel, Graham Hatch, etc.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
    Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
      Tier 1: X, cliff, AC, Dave, Cleo, Ross, Fred. god tier. All jerseys should be hung.
      Tier 2: Warren, Ron, Cle, Tekele, Perez, PJ, Nate, and about 20 others. All were team stand outs and fan favorites but not god tier. Cle was close, but he’s like Larry Johnson is to the chiefs.
      Tier 3: Evan Wessel, Graham Hatch, etc.
      While your tiers are pretty much spot on, I do not see having 1 of our 3 Consensus All-American's jersey not hung, especially while having both of the other 2 who were and several others who were not all hung.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post

I thought it at the time and said it, and still believe that team was coached terribly. A stubborn coach trying to fit circles into square holes.
        Exactly. That was an upgraded Creighton roster… not WSU basketball, but the upside was there

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post

Exactly. That was an upgraded Creighton roster… not WSU basketball, but the upside was there
          I just looked back at that roster. DANG! Two NBA-level snipers and Frankamp. Nurger, Willis, Kelly, McDuffie, Bush and Morris. It's not surprising that the two NBA-level players left early. That doesn't look like a high ball screen pick-n-roll offense. Looks more like a drive to the basket and kick to an open 3 shooter. Also looks like that team could have won a lot of games by emphasizing offense instead of defense.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

I just looked back at that roster. DANG! Two NBA-level snipers and Frankamp. Nurger, Willis, Kelly, McDuffie, Bush and Morris. It's not surprising that the two NBA-level players left early. That doesn't look like a high ball screen pick-n-roll offense. Looks more like a drive to the basket and kick to an open 3 shooter. Also looks like that team could have won a lot of games by emphasizing offense instead of defense.

That was the problem. We were 4th in Adj. OE that year and 111th in Adj. DE per KenPom.
            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

While your tiers are pretty much spot on, I do not see having 1 of our 3 Consensus All-American's jersey not hung, especially while having both of the other 2 who were and several others who were not all hung.
              Some in tier 2 have a case for sure, but the reason Ron and Cle are tier 2 and not tier 1 is because Ron could not put the team on his back when Fred was hurt, and Cle was a one year superstar. Doesn’t mean they couldn’t be hung in the rafters, but they aren’t god tier.
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Some in tier 2 have a case for sure, but the reason Ron and Cle are tier 2 and not tier 1 is because Ron could not put the team on his back when Fred was hurt, and Cle was a one year superstar. Doesn’t mean they couldn’t be hung in the rafters, but they aren’t god tier.
                Interesting. Cle lead the Shocks in scoring both years (13.9 and 16.4) and 2nd in rebounding his first year and 1st in year 2. I wouldn't call him a 1-year star.

Comment

Interesting. Cle lead the Shocks in scoring both years (13.9 and 16.4) and 2nd in rebounding his first year and 1st in year 2. I wouldn't call him a 1-year star.
                  2 time 1st Team All Valley, he was no slouch either year

Comment

He was a star his first year and a superstar his second. The first year he was more even with the rest of the team as he made the juco transition. He was one of the weapons, but his effort was questionable at times. Not as bad as Shaq, but similar to JT Durley. His second year he carried much more of the offense and was capable of going toe to toe with any 3/4 in the country. Like it was said above, mix Fred’s determination and Cle’s pure ability and you have a GOAT.

Comment

He was a star his first year and a superstar his second. The first year he was more even with the rest of the team as he made the juco transition. He was one of the weapons, but his effort was questionable at times. Not as bad as Shaq, but similar to JT Durley. His second year he carried much more of the offense and was capable of going toe to toe with any 3/4 in the country. Like it was said above, mix Fred’s determination and Cle’s pure ability and you have a GOAT.
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Nice pic of Fred and Shaq workin' out together.
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

OUCH!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Comment

OUCH!!
                              LOL LOL! I don't know if I could laugh anymore at this!

Comment

• Sports Illustrated - Dallas Mavericks Sign New Guard

Dexter Dennis played five seasons of college basketball for Wichita State and Texas A&M.

This past year, he played in 34 games for the Aggies and averaged 9.5 points, 5.7 rebounds and 1.2 assists per contest while shooting 39.2% from the field and 31.0% from the three-point range.

This summer, Dennis went unselected in the 2023 NBA Draft.

However, the Dallas Mavericks have now officially announced that they have signed the 24-year-old.
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X