Former Shockers Media Mentions & Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post

Not sure I would agree, but I'd take both!!!
    Toure wasn't a good shooter, no matter what he did (his form wasn't good). I still think that CP can develop a decent percentage 3 point shot, and become a good, consistent free throw shooter, with the right coaching. Fred improved his outside shooting immensely after he was in the NBA. CP, .like Fred, has good shooting form. I think it's mental

Comment

• I don't think a (way) sped up game is something that CP displayed at WSU. But, if he can all of a sudden (with practice) show the ability to stroke it from 3 land (not the college version) then who knows...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
        CP > TM
        Depends what's the priority. I love big physical guards. TMs defense is significantly better than CP. While it's a legitimate debate, I think there's some recency bias in play.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
          I think there's some recency bias in play.
          Not at all. CP is a better all around player than TM was. I have always felt like TM had a Div 1 euro pro ceiling.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Yes, but CP is not elite...at least that is what I've heard.

Comment

Not at all. CP is a better all around player than TM was. I have always felt like TM had a Div 1 euro pro ceiling.
              And you don't think CP doesn't have that same ceiling? I love much of his game, his leadership and especially his loyalty, but I don't think NBA player LOCK at all....maybe...after all, Austin Reaves is playing and I never saw THAT coming....

Comment

And you don't think CP doesn't have that same ceiling? I love much of his game, his leadership and especially his loyalty, but I don't think NBA player LOCK at all....maybe...after all, Austin Reaves is playing and I never saw THAT coming....
                AR Is straight ballin right now. He's definitely going to get paid after this year!

Comment

CP > TM
                  Fake news. TM was an elite NBA level defender that could not shoot quite well enough to stay in the league. CP is not nearly the defender that TM is/was. CP blocks are misleading as he gets many from behind, after getting beat off the dribble. Fine in college, but he is getting dunked on by NBA guards after the blow by.

Comment

I didn't say he was a lock. In fact, out of circumstances, I'm concerned he won't get the look he deserves. But he's NBA caliber. What his ceiling there is, is very dependent on how he is used and how he develops -- if he's given a shot at all.
                    Last edited by Kung Wu; April 17, 2023, 02:11 PM.

Comment

• CP is the best blocker for his size I’ve ever seen.

He’d be 1st Team All-NBA at PG, if that’s the only stat they took into consideration.

I think someone gives him a shot, based on that alone, but he’ll stick on somewhere because of more than that.
                      The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by mattdalt View Post

Fake news. TM was an elite NBA level defender that could not shoot quite well enough to stay in the league. CP is not nearly the defender that TM is/was. CP blocks are misleading as he gets many from behind, after getting beat off the dribble. Fine in college, but he is getting dunked on by NBA guards after the blow by.
                        TM was given a chance because he had nearly Olympic level endurance combined with serious foot speed. It was his raw gifts that got him in the door, not his play. When you have a player that steps on the court and blows by your elite level NBA point guard, and can keep doing it all night long -- you're gonna get an extended look. I'm not going to sit here an bag on TM as to why he never panned out at that level -- we all know why. He had a nice long pro career bouncing around the globe and we should celebrate that.

CP's extremely well rounded skill set is on an elite level, and he won't be relying mainly on freakish physical gifts to make it. He is more likely to survive playing with and against the most talented players in the world than TM ever was.
                        Last edited by Kung Wu; April 17, 2023, 04:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mattdalt View Post

CP blocks are misleading as he gets many from behind, after getting beat off the dribble. Fine in college, but he is getting dunked on by NBA guards after the blow by.
                          Lol! This right here is some straight up nonsense. How the eff can a block be misleading? So it's a less block if it comes from behind? Help me understand this because it makes no logical sense whatsoever.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Lol! This right here is some straight up nonsense. How the eff can a block be misleading? So it's a less block if it comes from behind? Help me understand this because it makes no logical sense whatsoever.
                            It is simply my belief that CP had trouble keeping guards in front of him, and was able to "recover" because he had good "hops" and timing. Keeping your man in front of you is far more valuable. FVV 13 career blocks, CP 81, does that make CP a better defender than FVV?

Comment

• Most of his blocks aren't from getting beat though. They're help and transition defense.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

TM was given a chance because he had nearly Olympic level endurance combined with serious foot speed. It was his raw gifts that got him in the door, not his play. When you have a player that steps on the court and blows by your elite level NBA point guard, and can keep doing it all night long -- you're gonna get an extended look. I'm not going to sit here an bag on TM as to why he never panned out at that level -- we all know why. He had a nice long pro career bouncing around the globe and we should celebrate that.

CP's extremely well rounded skill set is on an elite level, and he won't be relying mainly on freakish physical gifts to make it. He is more likely to survive playing with and against the most talented players in the world than TM ever was.
                                CP is no doubt well rounded but beyond an obscure blocks stat he does nothing else at an elite level. I question his defense. If you aren't an above average NBA shooter you better do something really well and I just don't see it. He's classic jack of all trades master of none.

Put me squarely in the TM over CP camp. At least he was well above average in one important category. Can't say the same about CP.

Comment

Working...
                                X