Former Shockers Media Mentions & Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

Definitely some posters tearing him down as NBA player. And after a long NBA career he will end up a very wealthy individual. You'll never see him in the TBT.
    100% this. I would be shocked if he ever ends up in the TBT. Now, will he maybe come back to watch a game or two, maybe, but play? Doubtful.

I am also of the belief that he still has many good years left in the NBA. There will be a roster spot for anyone who can knock down threes like he does, even if it is streaky at times. His defense is way better than people give him credit for also.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
      Some funny stuff hereā€¦

Good stuff in there!
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
          The criticisms of Landry were/are fair. He is not a very good defender in the NBA. And yeah, if he's not hitting threes (his specialty), it's really tough to keep him out there.

He played well offensively last night. Defensively, I thought he was meh. He got beat back door probably three times by Murray...maybe that was because there was supposed to be weakside help, but regardless, the assessment of him as a below average defender is correct.
          How bad is Phoenix's defense then? Denver has 2 elite players. Alton and Landale rotate on Jokic, guess who is guarding the other elite player? Not Durant, not Booker, nor Ross, not Warren. Williams put Landry on Murray and left him there.

Comment

• I canā€™t say whether his defense was good or bad, but his effort was through the roof. When he had a layup, then turned around and went around a guy to nearly steal the inbounds ball I was proud, he was all in last night!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoxRoxMySox View Post
              I canā€™t say whether his defense was good or bad, but his effort was through the roof. When he had a layup, then turned around and went around a guy to nearly steal the inbounds ball I was proud, he was all in last night!
              I noticed that as well... he also made a defensive play (switch) on the 'Joker' that led to a jump ball and possession late in the game. Sometimes it's all about confidence and the right opportunity. If Chris Paul's playing, he might not receive half the minutes; he played 30 minutes last night.

P.S. That was some of the best shooting I've seen from two teams; Booker was unreal. The 'Joker' might be the best overall player in the world. Yes, he's that good.
              Last edited by WstateU; May 8, 2023, 04:13 PM.
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

I noticed that as well... he also made a defensive play (switch) on the 'Joker' that led to a jump ball and possession late in the game. Sometimes it's all about confidence and the right opportunity. If Chris Paul's playing, he might not receive half the minutes. I believe he played 30 minutes last night.

P.S. That was some of the best shooting I've seen from two teams; Booker was unreal. The 'Joker' might be the best overall player in the world. Yes, he's that good.
                Jokic is truly insane. Those back to back MVPs were no joke.
                "Say it slowly and savor it..."
                Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushockerdude View Post

Jokic is truly insane. Those back to back MVPs were no joke.
                  He should have had another one really. Calling him Gifted doesn't do his 'skill set' justice. The Morris twins found out.

joker.jpg

Last edited by ShockingButTrue; May 8, 2023, 05:52 PM.

Comment

• Voter fatigue basically ensures that no one will win 3 straight MVPs again. If Lebron didn't, it's not going to happen ever again. You start to get unfairly judged against yourself as opposed to being judged as a season against everyone else.

Comment

• Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post
                      Voter fatigue basically ensures that no one will win 3 straight MVPs again. If Lebron didn't, it's not going to happen ever again. You start to get unfairly judged against yourself as opposed to being judged as a season against everyone else.
                      I got mvp 15 years in a row in franchise mode on madden at rookie difficulty.
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Sidetrack moment, but Madden is such a joke. I play it, don't get me wrong. But I'm in a Madden franchise mode, on All-Madden and put up ungodly numbers and easily win MVP while destroying records left and right. Madden caps certain stats as well for a season. It won't register more than 127 TD passes. Won't register more than 63 sacks. Those are the two that jump out at me as I've had players with over 100 sacks in a season. I've thrown for around 180 TDs in a season recently. I win MVP every year with my DE who averages around 100 sacks a year. My QB throws for over 10k yards a year and over 127 TDs. Fun times.

I'm currently in Week 9 and have two WRs over 2000 yards receiving and over 30 TDs each. Well, one WR and one TE. Another WR has over 100 receptions already. I believe my QB has around 80 TDs and 8 INTs for the year and is over 6000 yards.

I do wonder what kind of numbers I could put up on Rookie though. I already average over 80 points per game. Scored 140 one game.

It's easy to win MVPs like that. If someone did those numbers in real life they'd still win every year.

But in real life, to keep winning MVPs you have to keep being better than your previous self, even if the next best players aren't, they'll eventually win the award anyway. How many times did Jordan get screwed out of the MVP award because someone had their best year ever, even though it wasn't as good as Jordan's current year? Happened at least a couple of times.

This went further than I meant for it to. I just get annoyed with Madden being so easy, even on All Madden. The CPU is ****ing stupid and easy to exploit.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Bet. You and me Nintendo Tecmo Super Bowl ... I get Bo Jackson.
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Walton to UCF.

Interesting move. Feels like a huge downgrade from Alabama. Wonder what the money difference was.

I cannot see scenario in which he plays next year. Which is a shame. I think him transferring is a pretty big mistake on his part for that reason alone.

Comment

• He may have taken a step down in programs but he took a step up in conference affiliation
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                                X