No announcement yet.

Former Shockers Media Mentions & Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is what the administration and goody-good fans wanted. They gave in to Jeff f******* G******. Now we have the nice coaches that do great interviews and press conferences and the results are just secondary. You got what you wanted so don't complain about where the program is now or potentially headed.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• The frustrating part is that Dennis was so bad at WSU that opponents didn't guard him. His offensive game regressed from his Fr year to his So year. Now he's going for 8/11 from the field with 4 assists in the NBA. Two years under Marshall and 2 years under IB and Dennis looked like a decent Euro player. One year away and he's in the NBA.

Marshall had a ton of future NBA players on his rosters. In Marshall's later years and IB's tenure we weren't winning tourney games with them and they were leaving before their eligibility had expired.

Dexter's getting to the NBA and having good games in the league and his his history at WSU seems to indicate that his coaches here had no concept of how to handle him. It's like his coaching here destroyed his confidence. That is one of the potential downsides of a coach with "attitude".
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

He's a meany head so that cancels everything he did...
        Damn you….stole my line.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
          The frustrating part is that Dennis was so bad at WSU that opponents didn't guard him. His offensive game regressed from his Fr year to his So year. Now he's going for 8/11 from the field with 4 assists in the NBA. Two years under Marshall and 2 years under IB and Dennis looked like a decent Euro player. One year away and he's in the NBA.

Marshall had a ton of future NBA players on his rosters. In Marshall's later years and IB's tenure we weren't winning tourney games with them and they were leaving before their eligibility had expired.

Dexter's getting to the NBA and having good games in the league and his his history at WSU seems to indicate that his coaches here had no concept of how to handle him. It's like his coaching here destroyed his confidence. That is one of the potential downsides of a coach with "attitude".
          This cannot be backed up statistically. Dexter’s career numbers across the board at WSU virtually mirror his season at TAM.

NBA would have given DD the same look no matter where he played his last season.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocktown View Post

This cannot be backed up statistically. Dexter’s career numbers across the board at WSU virtually mirror his season at TAM.

NBA would have given DD the same look no matter where he played his last season.
            I agree with you but Dexter did seem to get a renewed fire playing for Buzz Williams instead of IB. No surprise there.

Comment

Not true at all. His offensive rating was 10% better at TAMU than it was in his last three seasons at WSU per Torvik, and 5% better than his freshman season. Box Plus Minus (combination of offensive and defensive) went from not being higher than 3.3 his entire career to 5.2 in 2023.

https://barttorvik.com/playerstat.ph...=Texas%20A%26M
              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Not true at all. His offensive rating was 10% better at TAMU than it was in his last three seasons at WSU per Torvik, and 5% better than his freshman season. Box Plus Minus (combination of offensive and defensive) went from not being higher than 3.3 his entire career to 5.2 in 2023.

https://barttorvik.com/playerstat.ph...=Texas%20A%26M
                I am not a big advance stat aficionado. If I read this correctly, help me understand but what I see is because he played statistical better competition and even though his individual stats
                (pure numbers in rebounds, A/TO, shooting %’s, and the like) were virtually the same, playing better competition resulted in higher ratings per Torvik?

Comment

• NBA game with much more spacing is much better for Dex. He's not one that is going weave through traffic, but if you give him a lane he is quick and explosive and not many people are going to beat him to the rim.

Talent was always there.

Comment

• Noah Fernandes showing well for Rutgers against Jans’ Bulldogs today.

Comment

Noah Fernandes showing well for Rutgers against Jans’ Bulldogs today.
                      Rutgers lost by 10. Noah is having kind of an odd season. For him, his shooting, both 2 and 3s, is down (32.9%/31.4%). Normally, mid 40s / high 30's. Also assists, given the minutes played (28 mpg / 2.5 assists). With UMass, 31 mpg average and mid 4s on assists.

Comment

I am not a big advance stat aficionado. If I read this correctly, help me understand but what I see is because he played statistical better competition and even though his individual stats
                        (pure numbers in rebounds, A/TO, shooting %’s, and the like) were virtually the same, playing better competition resulted in higher ratings per Torvik?
                        Not really - those stats are independent of competition. He got to the line more frequently (FTR) than he ever has, took more 2s than he ever had and shot a much better percentage on those 2s than he ever had, had the lowest turnover percentage of his career, and had above average block and steal percentages for his career while also having the highest defensive rebounding percentage of his career.

Seems like the biggest difference was him getting to the basket and finishing - something he never really did at WSU.
                        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Craig Porter has 15 points and 7 assists for the Cavs. Deep into the 4th quarter.
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• 19pts 8 assists with 2:00 to go in the game!

Comment

• And 7 rebounds! Dadgum!!

Finishes 19, 8 and 7!

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X