No announcement yet.

Former Shockers Media Mentions & Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was walking the halls today at my office as I rehab my new right hip and pre-hab my bad left knee that's next. Ran into none other than Shocker Hall of Famer Cheese Johnson. Had a nice little chat with Cheese. Cheese is a charmer and one of the finest gentlemen you will ever meet.

What I did not know is the Cheese is now making his home in Wichita.

Cheese has started up a new mentoring program in Wichita called uJump.

Here is the link to his website: https://www.ujump.org/

I did not notice a donation link on his website but I am sure he wouldn't turn down any donations.

BTW, Cheese did not mention this to me. One of the ladies who works in his office saw me later and gave pamphlet about uJump.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      Was walking the halls today at my office as I rehab my new right hip and pre-hab my bad left knee that's next. Ran into none other than Shocker Hall of Famer Cheese Johnson. Had a nice little chat with Cheese. Cheese is a charmer and one of the finest gentlemen you will ever meet.

What I did not know is the Cheese is now making his home in Wichita.

Cheese has started up a new mentoring program in Wichita called uJump.

Here is the link to his website: https://www.ujump.org/

I did not notice a donation link on his website but I am sure he wouldn't turn down any donations.

BTW, Cheese did not mention this to me. One of the ladies who works in his office saw me later and gave pamphlet about uJump.
      Impressive BOD.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Impressive BOD.
        Cheese or the lady that gave him the pamphlet?
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Lol! I bet that does get old. People are ridiculous. You made the decision to bet. Landry had nothing to do with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Impressive BOD.

UJUMP Board of Directors

Tom Devlin
              Myra Devlin
              Walter Givens, Principal, Brooks Middle School
              Cory Harkleroad
              Tim Hayden, Principal, Andover Central Middle School
              Shelley Jonas, Principal, Prairie Creek Elementary School, Andover
              Gordon Parks Academy
              Tom Kirk
              George Laham
              Bob Lane
              Tom Mack
              Dana Fleming-Mastio
              Greg Sullivan
              Hanale Vincent, Head of Middle School, Wichita Collegiate School

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• I mean he cost me $1200 Tuesday night cuz he couldn't me 1 more stinkin rebound. Only one I missed in a 9 teamer...I don't have twitter or instagram so I couldn't complain to him!

Comment

• I was walking some halls the other day and ran into mr. Johnson having lunch with three young me…. I stopped my class to introduce them to him… I said he was one of the three greatest Shockers… I don’t think I lied☺️

Comment

• Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post

I mean he cost me $1200 Tuesday night cuz he couldn't me 1 more stinkin rebound. Only one I missed in a 9 teamer...I don't have twitter or instagram so I couldn't complain to him!
                    Seems like a YOU problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                      I was walking some halls the other day and ran into mr. Johnson having lunch with three young me…. I stopped my class to introduce them to him… I said he was one of the three greatest Shockers… I don’t think I lied☺️
                      CHEEEEEEEESE!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post

I mean i cost myself $1200 Tuesday night cuz he couldn't me 1 more stinkin rebound. Only one I missed in a 9 teamer...I don't have twitter or instagram so I couldn't complain to him!
                        FTFY

Comment

• Sherfield is averaging 21.3 ppg (top 25 in the nation). 49.2 FG%, 39.1 3FG%, 6.0 assists, and 4.5 rebounds. Too bad we couldn't keep him here or use him effectively the one year he was here.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
                            Sherfield is averaging 21.3 ppg (top 25 in the nation). 49.2 FG%, 39.1 3FG%, 6.0 assists, and 4.5 rebounds. Too bad we couldn't keep him here or use him effectively the one year he was here.
                            Out of the Top 7 conferences, Nevada has played 1 team, Washington and are 6-4 overall. They are on a 5 game win streak which includes Washington, George Mason, Loyola Marymount, Pepperdine, and Minnesota Duluth. As goes Sherfield and Cambridge, so goes Nevada. In those 5 wins, Sherfield played 36 minutes per game even though they won by an average of 18.4 ppg, scored 26 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 6.8 apg. Before that run, South Dakota St beat them102-75.

You also didn't mention his 3.9 turnovers per game for the season. Oh, yes....in that five game win streak, he had 4.8 TOpg.

sorry not sorry.jpg

Comment

• Some things have to be taken into context here. Sherfield is a pretty good player and has an ORtg of 103.4, which is pretty decent considering his high usage rate (he takes 29.3% of Nevada's shots when he is on the floor). He shoots the ball at a pretty good clip but does turn it over too much. If he were inserted into this WSU team, he would likely start and would provide some shooting at the guard spot, which is sorely needed.

Sherfield is a good player but he was never going to have the freedom under Marshall that he wanted. Under IB, probably more so, but it is disappointing we never got to see Sherfield and Tyson in the backcourt at WSU for more than a year.
                              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Sherfield looking like he hasn't progressed a bit since he left WSU. His game looks very familiar.

Comment

Working...
                                X