Former Shockers Media Mentions & Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

Young men like this is why I generally believe in Mills and why I’m going to probably always support this program / city.

This put a big smile on my face.

Love this. I so wish Dalen could have played here longer.

Also, I dislike the portal. But I love that Wichita can become a home for a kid like this after being other places. Sometimes stuff does work out.
    Totally agree--players who love the city and the program like this, will forever be loved back by the city and program.

Comment

• That's awesome...love to hear things like that and I agree, I hope DR gets an invite to the TBT.

Comment

• Jaron Pierre is challenging for the TP Excellence in Transferring trophy. He's in the portal again. He's said to have two years of eligibility remaining, which I believe qualifies him for the Grant Gibbs, trophy as well.

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
          Jaron Pierre is challenging for the TP Excellence in Transferring trophy. He's in the portal again. He's said to have two years of eligibility remaining, which I believe qualifies him for the Grant Gibbs, trophy as well.
          Where was he last year? I can’t even remember or keep it all straight.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Where was he last year? I can’t even remember or keep it all straight.
            Grambling State

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Did Pierre leave because of grades? I liked his game, figured he would have landed elsewhere. He originally committed to an NAIA school last year and can't find anything about him playing at Grambling.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
                Did Pierre leave because of grades? I liked his game, figured he would have landed elsewhere. He originally committed to an NAIA school last year and can't find anything about him playing at Grambling.
                He never played for the NAIA school. That school played in the National Championship game in KC this year.

Comment

• He had to have had grade problems. Otherwise, he'd surely have played somewhere in D1 last year.

Comment

• He had grade problems. Starting with he has no business in college. I know people don't want to hear that. Some people aren't cut out for college. Some people aren't prepared for college.

There are hundreds of thousands of young people attending college that are nowhere near capable of doing college work. Mostly because they were just passed on tp the next person or grade, failed by their own desire to learn, lack of parental guidance, an education system that failed them, or a combination of all 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      He had grade problems. Starting with he has no business in college. I know people don't want to hear that. Some people aren't cut out for college. Some people aren't prepared for college.

There are hundreds of thousands of young people attending college that are nowhere near capable of doing college work. Mostly because they were just passed on tp the next person or grade, failed by their own desire to learn, lack of parental guidance, an education system that failed them, or a combination of all 3.
                      When I was in JUCO I saw many athletes that lacked any self motivation. There were some that tried super hard, hit study hall, sought out help, etc, but had obvious learning disabilities, but I would say half of the kids there did not care, did not try, and were not at all interested in improving their life. No drive, no want to. It’s had to see that and then think that all failings of any athlete is automatically the coaches fault, public schools fault, systemic racism, what have you. Many of them were capable, they just did not care.
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Kenny Pohto to Santa Barbara. Bad team with beautiful views.

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Warren was one of my favorite all time Shockers. He could often stuff a Stat sheet. His vertical jump was beyond impressive.
                            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Why is he not in the rafters?????

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                                X