No announcement yet.

Former Shockers Media Mentions & Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maxey ... aaaaaaaaaiiirrrrr baaaaaaaaaaaalll aaaaaaaaaiiirrrrrrr baaaaaaaalllll
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• GAME OVER ... CPjr saved their ass.

Comment

• CPjr +/- +21

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
          Porter currently playing on TNT​​​​​. He has 6 points and blocked two shots in the first quarter. Second quarter just beginning.
          Thanks again for letting us know this was on regular cable. I don't have NBA Pass so I don't get to watch him ever, so this was special and fun!

Comment

• You're on the road playing a tough team. 4 of your 5 starters, who all played a lot had a negativity +/-. Porter plays 27 minutes and has a +21 +/-. Makes no sense, but the Cavs pulled it out (with Porter's help in OT).

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Thanks again for letting us know this was on regular cable. I don't have NBA Pass so I don't get to watch him ever, so this was special and fun!
              Cox is sucking less for me; paying a fortune for their services, but there are some advantages. The Mrs. is a basketball junkie and I’m recovered junkie. We signed up for NBA Leage Pass for the second year and really enjoy it. In addition to watching our favorite former Shockers, she also enjoys watching all the former Kansas’ school alums and even Shockers Turncoats…. she’s watching Austin Reeves now.
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Undrafted free agent rookies aren't often called on to bail out their team in OT to save a W.

If you want a clue about how WSU dropped from perennial top 40 and mostly top 25, IB started Joe Pleasant ahead of Ricky Council and made Etienne the prinary ball handler ahead of Porter. We had a dud playing ahead of a 2 way NBA player. We had a G-League SG playing PG in front of an NBA PG.

Yeah, I know I'm beating a dead horse, but IB's player evaluation just keeps looking worse.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Embid had 5 fouls and CP2 took it at him…

Comment

• "the rookie outta Wichita St." says the announcer. Sounds good to me!!
                    FINAL FOURS:
                    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                    Number of Times Ranked: 157
                    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                    #3 - Dec. 2017
                    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                    #2 ~ March 2014
                    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                      Embid had 5 fouls and CP2 took it at him…

WSU > KU
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                        CPjr +/- +21

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• While the Cavs were totally outmatched by the Heat, 129-96, it was a big game for Porter.

Not only did he start, but he played the most minutes, and it wasn't close. 35 with the next closest at 27.

Craig's line was 6-12 FG, 2-5 3pt, 2-3 FT, 2 rebounds, 5 assists (looks like he played the small forward), 1 steal, 2 blocks, and 16 points which lead the Cavs. He also had 4 TOs.
                            Last edited by ShockTalk; November 23, 2023, 08:51 AM.

Comment

• Holy crap. They should probably use him at PG instead of at the 2.

Comment

• One of his reported weaknesses is his outside shot 2-3 from 3 point is great to see.

Comment

Working...
                                X