No announcement yet.

Former Shockers Media Mentions & Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Bah you need the NBA League pass for all three games tonight.

FVV

6:00 pm CT
      LOCAL TV:
      Bally Sports Florida
      Space City Home Network

RADIO
      WYGM 96.9FM / 740AM790 AM / S: 93.3 FM

Houston Rockets
      Orlando Magic

Amway Center
      Orlando, FL

Porter

6:30 pm CT
      LOCAL TV:
      YES
      Bally Sports Ohio

RADIO
      101.9 FM / 660 AMWTAM/WMMS/La Mega

Cleveland Cavaliers
      Brooklyn Nets

Barclays Center
      Brooklyn, NY

Shamet

6:00 pm CT

LOCAL TV:
      Bally Sports Indiana
      MNMT

RADIO
      93.5/107.5 The FanThe Team 980 AM / WFED 1500 AM

Washington Wizards
      Indiana Pacers

Gainbridge Fieldhouse
      Indianapolis, IN

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• no Porter or Shamet in a box score.
        Phi Alpha

Comment

• Originally posted by Speed View Post
          no Porter or Shamet in a box score.

Inactive WednesdayShamet (toe) is out for Wednesday's regular-season opener against Brooklyn.
          Impact Shamet broke his toe on Oct. 1 and was issued a 2-to-4 week timeline. Nearing the long end of that window, Shamet could begin ramping up activity this week, but no progress has been reported.
          1 DAY AGO•ROTOWIRE
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Last edited by WstateU; October 26, 2023, 10:24 AM.

Comment

• Article on Beverly…

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                Article on Beverly…
                Mills, Bell, and Rogers all say Beverly has great court vision, good handles, and accurate passing. At 6'5" he can see things and make passes that smaller players might not be able to do. Mills doesn't seem to run an offense that relies on a traditional PG and likes to have multiple ball handlers in the lineup, (My opinion: That could be challenging with the player on the roster.)

A (starting?) lineup of Beverly, Rogers, Ridgnal, Pohto, and Germany is starting to seem reasonable. Still waiting on a waiver from the NCAA for Cortes.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• The whole Cortes thing smells rotten to me. I’m not counting on him playing this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                    The whole Cortes thing smells rotten to me. I’m not counting on him playing this year.

Comment

• The Big Show shows…

1,162 likes, 10 comments - goshockersmbb on October 27, 2023: "Welcomed a 𝗕𝗜𝗚 visitor to practice today. The Big S̶h̶o̶w̶ Shocker 💪"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

big-show-shockera.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                          He was much better as a wrassler than as a basketball player. I don't think he would have made it corner to corner in 4 seconds. I don't think he would have made it baseline to half court in 4 seconds.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

He was much better as a wrassler than as a basketball player. I don't think he would have made it corner to corner in 4 seconds. I don't think he would have made it baseline to half court in 4 seconds.
                            Undoubtedly, he was just one big dude, a bit out of place on a basketball court. But a good guy from what I could see.
                            He was dating a girl from out by Goddard, did he marry her?

Comment

• I had a big experience with The Big Show many years ago. I was in the west Wichita Walmart and walking through the action figure aisle at a time when I was heavily collecting Star Trek toys and memorabilia. I no more than turned the corner to quickly do my walk through the toy section, and there he was. I swear he was the biggest man I have ever seen or would ever see. It was almost frightening. And he was looking through the wrestling action figures. I don't recall much about the experience, but think I left fairly quickly. I didn't know who it was at first obviously, so I was a bit nervous about saying "excuse me" to a 7 foot, 400 pound man in the toy aisle. I think I ended up leaving the store at that moment, but I actually drove around the parking lot for 5 or 10 minutes trying to figure out if they're was even a vehicle in the parking lot that he could fit into.

Years later at work a guy who worked as a professional bodyguard was in our offices, and I've slept quite a bit since then, so I don't recall why he was in there, but it was like reliving the whole Walmart experience all over again. Except this time I actually talked to the guy, and he was almost 7 feet and a little over 300ish pounds. He said he knew Paul, and that yeah, he's a pretty big guy. He also mentioned that Paul was actually a nice guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post
                                I had a big experience with The Big Show many years ago. I was in the west Wichita Walmart and walking through the action figure aisle at a time when I was heavily collecting Star Trek toys and memorabilia. I no more than turned the corner to quickly do my walk through the toy section, and there he was. I swear he was the biggest man I have ever seen or would ever see. It was almost frightening. And he was looking through the wrestling action figures. I don't recall much about the experience, but think I left fairly quickly. I didn't know who it was at first obviously, so I was a bit nervous about saying "excuse me" to a 7 foot, 400 pound man in the toy aisle. I think I ended up leaving the store at that moment, but I actually drove around the parking lot for 5 or 10 minutes trying to figure out if they're was even a vehicle in the parking lot that he could fit into.

Years later at work a guy who worked as a professional bodyguard was in our offices, and I've slept quite a bit since then, so I don't recall why he was in there, but it was like reliving the whole Walmart experience all over again. Except this time I actually talked to the guy, and he was almost 7 feet and a little over 300ish pounds. He said he knew Paul, and that yeah, he's a pretty big guy. He also mentioned that Paul was actually a nice guy.
                                I knew him in college. I remember running into him on campus, he was riding to practice on a standard size dirt bike. It looked like a regular man riding a tiny child’s bike. He would hold a can of beer and it looked like a regular guy holding a can of V8.

Comment

Working...
                                X