Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drunklynn View Post

So that explains it.
    And now you're history. And you can't respond. You lose.

Have fun rooting on a team with a million asterisks next to its name next year, douche, hahahahahahahahahahahaha
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Drunklynn View Post

So that explains it.
      Annnnd we have 76's new account...

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Annnnd we have 76's new account...
        I was seriously thinking that.

Has a little too much northeast stink in it though. Those goobs are obsessed with Lynn.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Not liking the neighbors of Marshall...Bruce Pearl on one side and coach Cal on the other. Hope none of the taint rubs off on him

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

I was seriously thinking that.

Has a little too much northeast stink in it though. Those goobs are obsessed with Lynn.
            Agree with you on this Fever; just another Johnson County WalMart T-shirt Beaker fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

Sorry to disappoint but I don't do "...personal attack" responses; those responses come from Shockernet posters who fall within the bolded text presented in the article. FYI

"Most of those who click this article will not read the introduction, or any of the ranking justifications themselves. Before reacting rashly and bombarding us with "crying laughing" emojis, I urge you to read the criteria below, and understand that the list was assembled in an almost completely objective, statistical manner. Of course, most of the people who need to read this section won't do so... Criteria

General Notes

KenPom data was used for all performance scores. Data in KenPom goes back to the 2002 season, meaning any coaching performance from prior to 19 years ago was not considered in this ranking. For example, Coach K’s 1991 and 1992 national titles were not considered in this ranking.

KenPom tracks preseason rankings back to the 2012 season. For example, this means Steve Alford’s performance relative to preseason expectations at Iowa in 2006 was not considered in this ranking.

Ties were broken more or less subjectively, but most weight was given towards relative performance metrics. Relative Performance (57% of total score)

Relative performance is made up of two attributes. The first is a coach’s performance relative to his school’s average performance. Average school performance was derived by taking the average ending (pre-Tourney) Adj. EM from 2002 to 2020, per KenPom. A coach’s average ending (pre-Tourney) Adj. EM at a particular school was measured against his school’s average Adj. EM.

The second attribute is a coach’s performance relative to preseason expectations. This is simply the difference between a coach’s beginning Adj. EM per KenPom and ending Adj. EM (from 2012 to 2020).

Note, in order to limit skewed results, special consideration was made for coaches who have been head coaching for only 1-2 years and coaches who have been at a program for 15+ years."
              Is this Valleyclimber or UNIftw? Cuz it sounds a lot like unifan lobbying for that at large that ain't ever comin'. Just sayin'.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                Not liking the neighbors of Marshall...Bruce Pearl on one side and coach Cal on the other. Hope none of the taint rubs off on him
                I think Marshall is the last person that would go around rubbing taints.
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Is this Valleyclimber or UNIftw? Cuz it sounds a lot like unifan lobbying for that at large that ain't ever comin'. Just sayin'.
                  I never heard of 3MW until Tyler's tweet was posted. Apparently three guys in Chicago who enjoy basketball. Ky McKeon a CPA (bachelor and masters accounting grad from University of Missouri) wrote the article. I thought his study thesis focusing on an objective view of relevant statistics was an interesting approach (biased because his Top 25 coaches are consistent with my own views). Following from their website -

Matt Cox: A quintessential high-school back-up point guard and starting hype man for all things college basketball, Matt is forever searching for the perfect Euro step, whether that's on the court or on a random sidewalk. He works as a consultant in his spare time. Matt attended a Big Ten school.
                  @matty_cox & DJ Dimes

Ky McKeon: A decent high school turned pretty decent recreational basketball player, Ky's feathery touch from 15-18 feet is the stuff of legend. He works as an Auditor for an accounting firm in his spare time. Ky attended a Big-12 turned SEC school.
                  @Ky_3MW

Jim Root: The 6th man of his high-school state championship Wisconsin basketball team, Jim is a large fan of hustle rebounds and the extra pass. He also works as a financial analyst for a printing and logistics company as a side job to make a few dollars. Jim attended a Big-12 turned SEC school.
                  @2ndChancePoints

Comment

Three Missery grads and a big 10 guy. Give me a break

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

I never heard of 3MW until Tyler's tweet was posted. Apparently three guys in Chicago who enjoy basketball. Ky McKeon a CPA (bachelor and masters accounting grad from University of Missouri) wrote the article. I thought his study thesis focusing on an objective view of relevant statistics was an interesting approach (biased because his Top 25 coaches are consistent with my own views). Following from their website -

Matt Cox: A quintessential high-school back-up point guard and starting hype man for all things college basketball, Matt is forever searching for the perfect Euro step, whether that's on the court or on a random sidewalk. He works as a consultant in his spare time. Matt attended a Big Ten school.
                      @matty_cox & DJ Dimes

Ky McKeon: A decent high school turned pretty decent recreational basketball player, Ky's feathery touch from 15-18 feet is the stuff of legend. He works as an Auditor for an accounting firm in his spare time. Ky attended a Big-12 turned SEC school.
                      @Ky_3MW

Jim Root: The 6th man of his high-school state championship Wisconsin basketball team, Jim is a large fan of hustle rebounds and the extra pass. He also works as a financial analyst for a printing and logistics company as a side job to make a few dollars. Jim attended a Big-12 turned SEC school.
                      @2ndChancePoints
                      Yawn

Comment

Five FBS conferences, including AAC and C-USA, ask NCAA to relax Division I requirements - ESPN

ESPN News Services
                        8:06 PM CT

As the coronavirus pandemic continues to drain the U.S. economy, commissioners of the American Athletic Conference, Mountain West, Mid-American Conference, Sun Belt and Conference USA ask the NCAA for temporary relief from Division I requirements.

"Five major football conference commissioners have asked the NCAA to relax requirements to compete in Division I for four years, including the minimum number of sports a school must sponsor.

A letter from the commissioners of the American Athletic Conference, Mountain West, Mid-American Conference, Sun Belt and Conference USA to NCAA president Mark Emmert asked for temporary relief from financial aid requirements, along with average football attendance. The request was made on behalf of all 350 Division I schools. The commissioners also asked that a moratorium be placed on schools moving into Division I for the length of the waiver....

NCAA rules require Division I schools to sponsor at least 16 varsity sports. ..."

WSU does not have 16 sports in the first place, so how do we get around that rule?

Comment

If there's football this fall, I suspect it will be in front of empty stadiums. Same could hold true for basketball.

I suspect there will be coronavirus tests for athletes (if there are enough tests available by the time football rolls around) and only those testing negative will be allowed to participate in games in empty stadiums. Wouldn't surprise me at all if the same thing is still true when basketball rolls around.

If that happens, it will put a major hit on the finances of every athletic department. TV money should hold steady, which will put a hurt on ESPN and other broadcasters, because they may struggle to find companies that can afford advertising budgets. I think non-revenue sports are going to (and need to) take a major hit in order to save the revenue-producing sports.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

My guess is, that conference realignment is done for the foreseeable future. But, I wonder if ESPN now tries to renegotiate all existing tv contracts?

Comment

Comment

Dr. Anthony Fauci promotes fan-free return for sports - ESPN Sports

ESPN News Services
                                7:52 AM CT

Asked about the possibility of an abbreviated baseball season and the start of football, Dr. Anthony Fauci said that would happen only if fans are not allowed to attend and athletes stay in hotels when not playing.

"Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation's top infectious diseases expert and one of the faces of the United States' fight against the coronavirus, says the only way professional sports will happen this summer is by holding events without fans in attendance and by keeping players in hotels.

"There's a way of doing that," Fauci told Snapchat's Peter Hamby as part of a weeklong interview series. "Nobody comes to the stadium. Put [the players] in big hotels, wherever you want to play, keep them very well surveilled. ... Have them tested every single week and make sure they don't wind up infecting each other or their family, and just let them play the season out."...

​​​​​​​Fauci's comments come a week after 72% of Americans polled by Seton Hall University's Stillman School of Business said they would not attend if sporting events resumed without a vaccine for the coronavirus. Just 13% of Americans said they would feel comfortable attending games the way they had in the past. A second poll this week had a slight plurality, 46% to 36%, saying the NFL season should not open as scheduled in early September...."

Comment

Working...
                                X