2020-21 Basketball Happenings Around the AAC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

Please provide a link to a post where I made that argument. What I posted was I have had "my fill of Marshall."
    And that Richey should replace him.

Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

And that Richey should replace him.
      I did post that IMO ADDB should have Bob Richey's telephone number; but I posted later that Coach Richey's career objective according to people who know him is to become the HC of the Gamecocks not the Shockers.

Comment

I did post that IMO ADDB should have Bob Richey's telephone number; but I posted later that Coach Richey's career objective according to people who know him is to become the HC of the Gamecocks not the Shockers.
        lol
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

“I don’t personally attack”

”I don’t insult”

”I don’t make comments like a 4th grader”

lol effing hypocrite
          Bullying and name calling - Fever's specialty. Accuracy of information in Fever's posts is always questionable IMO.

Comment

Bullying and name calling - Fever's specialty. Accuracy of information in Fever's posts is always questionable IMO.
            I love when you get called out and deflect. It’s an outstanding trait to have.

Effing hypocrite.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I love when you get called out and deflect. It’s an outstanding trait to have.

Effing hypocrite.
              Why don't you stop (pause?) the name calling and provide that link to support your previous post. I won't be holding my breath as I know you cannot provide it.

Comment

Why don't you stop (pause?) the name calling and provide that link to support your previous post. I won't be holding my breath as I know you cannot provide it.
                You’re on this holier than thou kick, constantly crying about bullying, name-calling, and posters acting like children. And that you’re above that.

And then you just made fun of 2 posters unprovoked.

You’re about as warped and mental as Erik Stevenson.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I have found it best to ignore folks who make points, valid or not, only to kindle arguments and show their superior knowledge.
                  Those are generally the same folks that can't or won't see anyone elses point of view anyway. So why waste your breath or finger tips on them?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

I don't get your conclusion at all.

Richey was #22 overall and Marshall #15. Both have done extremely well.

Marshall has a long history and most of that ranking probably came from the hay day years at Winthrop and his run after his first 2 years at WSU and before these last 2 years. Nevertheless, Marshall has a fairly long track record. A proven winner.

While Richey has a very short history, he has done a lot with it. In other words, being new to head coaching and where he has done, I'm not sure one could do much better. That's why his biggest number is being ranked #1 in the Relative Ranking. His future looks very bright.

Both are far from slouches, so kudos to both men.

A s a note, Steve Forbes is #20 and is #2 in the Relative Ranking. He has a little longer history of quality success than Richey, thus, he's just ahead of him.

Comment

22. Bob Richey, Furman

Score: 80
                      Raw Rank: T-85th
                      Relative Rank: 1st

Pope and Richey are both early in their respective careers. Pope has been a DI head coach for five seasons, most recently capping off an impressive 2020 at BYU. Richey has been the head guy at Furman since 2018, taking over for Niko Medved. Both coaches scored extremely high on the relative rank scale - top two in the country in fact. Pope’s four Utah Valley seasons were brilliant when compared to both a program and preseason perspective, but his 2020 BYU year was his second-best Adj. EM improvement of his coaching career.

Richey has exceeded expectations in all three seasons at the helm, and his Furman teams have finished in the KenPom top 100 in each of those three years. Pop quiz: how many Furman squads have finished in the KenPom top 100 from 1997 - 2017? Answer: Zero.
                      Here ya go! Did the hard work for you. Followiing is a link so you can officially register on their board: Its easy. Just click on the link.

They would certainly welcome you and anything you have to share.

Comment

Lord have mercy. Let's just all take a deep breath.
                        It is an OPINION site. It's not like a patient trying to tell a doctor he is wrong.
                        Or a client trying to tell an attorney his assessment of the law is wrong (i had many clients that I wondered why they hired me when the thought they knew the law better than me anyway).

Here it is OPINION.

So, without a method of certifying that one is correct and the other is wrong, we should all cool off a little and enjoy the site.
                        We all love WSU basketball and other Shocker sports, so everyone simmer down.

I am guilty sometimes too, but will try to do better.

Comment

Sorry to disappoint but I don't do "...personal attack" responses; those responses come from Shockernet posters who fall within the bolded text presented in the article. FYI
                          You are trolling. You don't do personal attacks, but you troll. The original post had to do with current coaching ranks relative to the American Athletic Conference. No other poster would have even thought to mention a coach from a different conference unless it was somehow rrelevant to the league (for example...maybe a coach/team that is being thought of or looked at as a replacement for UConn.

Most people recognize what you are doing and keep their mouths (or keyboard voices) quiet. For others, it gives them something to do in an otherwise boring off-season. You are certainly welcome to stay on the board, but if you continue to TROLL, you will be treated as such. Kind of a d*ck move, but hey, whatever gets you off. Way, way, way back in the 90s we dealt with trolls on usenet by saying "don't feed the trolls." This however is not a newsgroup. This is a Shocker Fan Forum. You are a form of entertainment for some on here.

Comment

'76 is making me want to be Fever's BFF. I did not think that was possible.
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                              '76 is making me want to be Fever's BFF. I did not think that was possible.
                              Fever read this and was like...

Comment

So that explains it.

Comment

Working...
                                X