Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stickboy46
    replied
    AAC got a 2 seed and and 11 seed and had 2 other teams within striking distance of a bid. That 4 Tourney level teams. The MVC in one of their best years in a long time (not including WSU), had 2 Tourney level teams, one was an 8 seed and the other an 11 seed. No one else would have likely even made the CBI.

All of that with Cincy in a down year.

Still not even close to a comparable year between the two.

Leave a comment:

• shockerfan
    replied
    This year is an outlier. I am NOT worried

Leave a comment:

• pie n eye
    replied
    Since Wichita State joined the conference...

2018 - 3
    2019 - 4
    2020 - NA
    2021 - 2

I think people are putting way too much stock into the things that happened this year with NET, KenPom, bids, etc. It was a completely bizarre, unprecedented, outlier of a season that we’ll hopefully never experience again.

I could easily see Memphis and/or SMU making the tournament in a normal year. That’s the point though, who knows what would have happened so why freak out about it?

Leave a comment:

• Shock Top
    replied
    Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post

Cinci has been on a great run the past 10 years. NCAA tournament appearances: 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019. They are hardly the problem. Heck. They are COVID and 1 game away from making it 11 in a row.
    No hate on Cinci.

When WSU missed the tourney, we (at least l) were saying they need to get back to where they belong; which is a tournament team.

Leave a comment:

• ShockingButTrue
    replied
    Originally posted by calfan View Post
    The worst power 5 conference received 5 bids. The American “power conference” received 2 bids. The Missouri Valley received 2 bids. The American Conference is a “mid-major” conference. WSU left the valley to join a “mid-major” conference?

The American Conference should be embarrassed. This conference needs to get a lot better next year. Memphis, SMU, and Cincinnati need to really step it up next year. Memphis has all that talent and can’t get into the real tournament. This conference is not good enough.

I think I feel a little better now.
    Memphis ain't got a point guard. They apparently can't depend on Lomax. I hope Penny sticks with the 'tweeners' and ignores going out and getting a good point guard/general.

Leave a comment:

• Shocktoberfest
    replied
    Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

Total bids since the AAC was founded (2013-2014 season), minus WSU bids (in both conferences):

AAC - 19
    MVC - 6

Still a LOT better, but I agree that power schools like Cinci and Memphis need to get back to were they should be.
    Cinci has been on a great run the past 10 years. NCAA tournament appearances: 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019. They are hardly the problem. Heck. They are COVID and 1 game away from making it 11 in a row.

Leave a comment:

• Shock Top
    replied
    The worst power 5 conference received 5 bids. The American “power conference” received 2 bids. The Missouri Valley received 2 bids. The American Conference is a “mid-major” conference. WSU left the valley to join a “mid-major” conference?

The American Conference should be embarrassed. This conference needs to get a lot better next year. Memphis, SMU, and Cincinnati need to really step it up next year. Memphis has all that talent and can’t get into the real tournament. This conference is not good enough.

Total bids since the AAC was founded (2013-2014 season), minus WSU bids (in both conferences):

AAC - 19
    MVC - 6

Still a LOT better, but I agree that power schools like Cinci and Memphis need to get back to were they should be.

Leave a comment:

• Dan
    replied
    AAC will be back. Penny still finding his footing, Cincy has new coach, we have new coach. Other schools will be better. Top to bottom we are miles ahead of the Valley.

Leave a comment:

• Rocky Mountain Shock
    replied

Agree in the respect the American needs to do a lot better. Penny better be on a short leash because he has WAY too much talent for the results he's been getting. Most of us would sell our mothers to have the recruiting classes he's had, and he's never even made the tournament. Cincy, SMU, and Temple should be in the NCAA most years; UCF and Tulsa should make it more than occasionally; we just need USF, Tulane, and ECU to not suck balls.

Disagree with the rest. Two bids is just about the worst the American will do. Two bids is the absolute best the MVC can do. You can't judge the conferences by a year when one's at its worst and the other is at its absolute best.

Leave a comment:

• Maizerunner08
    replied

I agree and I think this year was an anomaly. PAC-12 only got 3 bids in 2019...this was the Americans’s down year.

Leave a comment:

• calfan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ShockerFever
    replied
    Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Spoken like a true Memphis fan...
    lol absolutely.

Did he fill out an NIT bracket?

Leave a comment:

• MikeKennedyRulZ
    replied
    Originally posted by Husker4Shockers View Post
    Gary Parrish couldn't be bothered. "Drake beats Wichita State and USC beats Drake" and on to bigger and more important things,.
    Spoken like a true Memphis fan...

Leave a comment:

• ShockerFever
    replied
    Originally posted by Blackmag View Post
    Glad they don’t always listen to Lunardi, what a putz
    Lunardi is just filler. He's now unemployed for the next 325 days.

Leave a comment:

• ShockingButTrue
    replied
    Originally posted by Blackmag View Post
    Memphis is good, very athletic and we’re on a roll. Played Houston tough both games. But the need to remember we beat Houston and had them on the ropes in Houston before we went on a long scoring drought, losing by 7. Memphis was good enough to be in, no doubt, just like we were before we won the NIT with Stuttgart and company. What we did this year, new coach,6 new players is nothing less than miraculous BABY....
    I know that's right. I got the T-shirt...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X