X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAABound
    replied
    Originally posted by Shockm View Post

At least we are mentioned. Memphis and SMU not mentioned. Almost no one in the AAC sees the Shox ahead of these teams. Lol
    He has Memphis as a 5-seed

Leave a comment:

• Shockm
    replied
    Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post
    https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/st...ness-men-field

Not sure if this is the best place to post this...but Lunardi has Wichita first out in his early picks. Go figure.
    At least we are mentioned. Memphis and SMU not mentioned. Almost no one in the AAC sees the Shox ahead of these teams. Lol

Leave a comment:

• Horn28Clem30
    replied
    Bracketology begins the off season projections with a familiar name at the top. Duke, led by generational recruit Cooper Flagg, starts our 2024-25 bracket cycle on top.

Not sure if this is the best place to post this...but Lunardi has Wichita first out in his early picks. Go figure.

Leave a comment:

• MikeKennedyRulZ
    replied
    Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
    LOL!! Classic Barruh.

Leave a comment:

• wichshock65
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DUBulldog
    replied
    Originally posted by JVShocker View Post

Been a while from reading your posts on the old ValleyTalk. Good to see you, but do not wish your Bulldogs well in their game.
    I definitely miss the old Valleytalk. Met a lot of good people there, and there's several Shocker fans I've met in real life thanks to that board. There's a newer MVC board, but just not the same.

Leave a comment:

• JVShocker
    replied
    Originally posted by DUBulldog View Post

Man, I haven't visited shockernet in years. Checking in, as asked.

Dawg_Tired says 'hi'

Hoping for a good ballgame Thursday. I'm hoping 'Tank' Hemphill is back. Bulldogs are definitely going to be without one all-conference player (Penn); hope it's not 2.

Been a while from reading your posts on the old ValleyTalk. Good to see you, but do not wish your Bulldogs well in their game.

Leave a comment:

• DUBulldog
    replied
    Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

DU! Good to see you!

I tried to reset my password over at the Drake board but never received the email to do it. Thoughts?
    Let me look into it for you, Royal. Good to "see" you again.

Leave a comment:

• RoyalShock
    replied

Dawg_Tired says 'hi'

Hoping for a good ballgame Thursday. I'm hoping 'Tank' Hemphill is back. Bulldogs are definitely going to be without one all-conference player (Penn); hope it's not 2.

DU! Good to see you!

I tried to reset my password over at the Drake board but never received the email to do it. Thoughts?

Leave a comment:

• wichshock65
    replied
    IB comes in at #16.

Leave a comment:

• shockerfan
    replied

Dawg_Tired says 'hi'

Sure! I hope tank is back. All the sweeter to beat you at "almost" your best ;).

No way he will be in 100% game shape though. Wonder how many minutes he will be able to go

Leave a comment:

• DUBulldog
    replied
    Originally posted by shocktown View Post
    DUBulldog Expecting a check in anytime. Can do without McBulldog

Dawg_Tired says 'hi'

Leave a comment:

• RoyalShock
    replied
    Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post

Honest question...how do these teams fall lower in the NET when their deep into conference play going against each other toward the end of the season? Did this type of "drop" happen to teams in P-5 leagues. I would assume so.
    Remember, this isn't the RPI. Those teams must not have been playing as well relative to everyone else. That, and perhaps their non-conf foes were also not performing well down the stretch.

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied
    Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
    Is it safe to assume that we would not be in the first four if we either beat Cincinnati or Georgetown and Oregon State didn’t win their conference tournaments?

In that scenario I wonder what our seed would have been. Still a 11? 8, 9? If it’s the latter then maybe the loss to Cincinnati, while frustrating, could be a blessing in disguise.

For one, it’s a potential wake up call for the team that losing focus on the little things - defense, rebounding, exection, etc. - will eventually result in a close loss instead of win. Maybe they needed it all year if not for the fact that a loss would have cost them the AAC championship and/or an NCAA bid.

Additionally, I kind of like our draw to the second weekend. I’m not going to go so far as to predict three wins because I think all three teams are good and will require a Houston level effort by the Shockers but...

Drake is without one of their best players and their other guy is coming back after a long injury and just happens to play the position Dexter excels at defending.

USC might be the best of all three potential opponents on paper and they have an NBA center who will eat our lunch. Stop me if you’ve heard that about our NCAA opponent before. Obviously it’s not a one to one comparison, different teams, different players. Sounds like Mobley is more of a Wiseman type player. I dunno, USC just seems like a flame out candidate, I could be totally wrong.

Then of course there are the mighty Flagships. They are long and athletic and fly around on defense. We’ve seen a lot of teams like that in the American. They seem to have capable scorers even if they’re inconsistent. I see a lack of PG leadership they’ve had in the past. Hell, I’ve heard some people mention Eastern Washington as an upset pick. I doubt it but who knows.

Crazier things have happened but you gotta get by Drake first.
    Two different questions there.

We would have been in the first four if we lost to cincy and neither Georgetown or Oregon State won. We probably would have still been playing Drake also. If only one of those teams won, we likely would have been playing UCLA.

As far as if we beat Cincy? Who knows. Probably a 10-11 IMO.

Leave a comment:

• Dan
    replied
    I kinda thought we were a 10 seed if we beat Cincy and maybe an 8/9 if we won the conference tourney.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X