WSU VERSUS NEWMAN PREDICTIONS AND PREGAME DISCUSSIONS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
    I would bet Coach Marshall doesn't push the score past the high 80's. He's not going to want to completely embarrass a hometown team.
    He won't intentionally embarrass Newman, but it would be totally wrong, and a waste, for them to not play as hard on defense as possible. Somewhat the same goes on offense. You can play more half court and not push the ball up the court, but again, not having players, especially the ones that don't play as much, pass up opportunities when seen is not good. If a quality shot is there, take it; if the break is there, take it; if you can pick one's pocket, do it. This is a learning process of building positive habits, not a charity game and Newman knows it. There is no room for the type of "kindness" the players displayed in the lackluster second half of the USU game. You're on the court to learn and do your very best, at all times, period.

By the way, I thought it was great how HCGM infused a less experienced player here and there with the experienced players throughout the Chicago St game.

Comment

I would bet Coach Marshall doesn't push the score past the high 80's. He's not going to want to completely embarrass a hometown team.
      The only way he will hold back is by going as deep as the bench allows .. but there will be no restrictions on the players to perform their best. If Vautravers is playing well enough to get a double-double then good for him! He deserves to get to play as hard as he can when he's on the pitch just as much as Murry gets to when he is on.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
        The only way he will hold back is by going as deep as the bench allows .. but there will be no restrictions on the players to perform their best. If Vautravers is playing well enough to get a double-double then good for him! He deserves to get to play as hard as he can when he's on the pitch just as much as Murry gets to when he is on.
        That's where I was going with that comment.

I'd expect HCGM to play the reserves even sooner than in CSU.
        ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

That's where I was going with that comment.

I'd expect HCGM to play the reserves even sooner than in CSU.
          Ah, I see. Could be, but I think Newman will be scouted as being quite a bit better than ChiState so I think he's got little choice other than to just start the game with the starters and see how it goes.

Comment

By the way, I thought it was great how HCGM infused a less experienced player here and there with the experienced players throughout the Chicago St game.[/QUOTE]

I agree.

Comment

Should be a good game for our bench to play in. Hopefully everyone stays healthy and Anacreon doesn't break someone's finger again.
              “Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose laziness and despondency make them give it up as unattainable.”

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                I also believe that Newman is better than Chicago State. Shocks win 86-60.
                I concur with shox1989.

Comment

Newman is better than Chicago State and much more motivated to perform well.

Comment

Originally posted by Signman View Post
                    By the way, I thought it was great how HCGM infused a less experienced player here and there with the experienced players throughout the Chicago St game.
                    I agree.[/QUOTE]

Makes a lot of sense to do it that way as it more simulates a real game situation they likely will face once the conference starts.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                      Agreed and I also liked the way the experienced guys got the less experienced players involved in the game.

I would not expect Newman to be more athletic than Chicago State but they will be exponentially more disciplined and fundamentally sound and my guess is they will play with as much or more effort than anyone else we face this season.

My guess is that 3G first and foremost will want a supreme defensive effort from the Shocks with a goal of holding Newman to about 50 points.

Hopefully, we have the opportunity to spread the minutes around liberally as we did agains CSU although I don't really expect another 50 point blowout.

Comment

Shocks 76
                        Jets 58
                        "If you strive for perfection, often times you can achieve excellence." --Gregg Marshall

Comment

Shox - 80
                          Everybody loves Potter - 48

Comment

As I stated earlier I do believe that Newman is better than Chicago State. I don't think we will score 100 points against them. But I am hoping that we do score 100 so that we can all get 40% off the next day at Sports Time Fan Shop.

I still have some last minute Christmas shopping to do.

Comment

Shockers should win by plenty, but why are we playing them or a Chicago State? Doesn't even make a good scrimmage for the team, not entertaining for the fans and does not help SOS. With all the "midmajors" complaining of scheduling problems, why not schedule each other. We do the same thing we complain about BCS schools doing, instead of scheduling home and away with quality opponents we have buy in games with cupcakes.

Comment

opponents did not print sorry

Comment

Working...
                                X