• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mason Felter did play at WSU.
    Shocker fan since December 28th, 2005!

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
      Newman beat Southwestern by 9...unless there is a COMPLETE overlook, I think it will be in excess of 35 point margin.There is NO one at Newman who could play at WSU.
      Well except Mason Felter, lol
      I smell Bluejay puntang and the only good Bluejay puntang is dead Bluejay puntang

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
        Newman beat Southwestern by 9...unless there is a COMPLETE overlook, I think it will be in excess of 35 point margin.There is NO one at Newman who could play at WSU.
        She said "play". :)
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by RussDaBus View Post
          Mason Felter did play at WSU.
          Is he related to Howie?
          Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Question my bona fides if you will but I will be watching the DVR backlog with my girlfriend tonight. I would expect a fair sized Newman contingent at the game.
            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

My prediction....

Weather remains a cool rain with little trouble traveling til after midnight. After game hangouts will be affected, but game will be full. 750 NU fans take the place of our students, and will be loud. We will be louder.

Comment

I'm still hoping that we can use IBA as a carrot for a top 25 (BCS) team. Have a home game at IBA in return for a road game at their arena. This would be better than the 1 road game for no return game.

Comment

Bogner says blowing and changing to snow on the drive home.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                    Bogner says blowing and changing to snow on the drive home.
                    Unlike the game at IBA, this is a safety matter and anyone who lives out of town should stay home tonight.

Comment

I'm coming in. Everything I've seen shows no snow until well after midnight and temps staying above freezing long enough for me to walk home and not have to deal with it.

I'm not worried and will be there
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

By the time you walk home, moisture will be wrapped around and dumping on far western kansas.

Comment

Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend the game. Be loud and proud.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                            I heard him say that too, but I took it as a joke. I think he was laughing a little bit as he said it.
                            I didn't take it as a joke, I think the only way it could've been a joke would have been if he was taking a jab at USU in the process (which I guess could be the case). He said we don't want to go play in an environment like that (and lose), and they probably don't want to come play in an environment like ours either. Why isn't there a home-and-home between the 2 schools? Probably because part of what Jans said is true.

Comment

WSU 86
                              Newman 59

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                                All the scheduling talk, and it's good stuff, somewhat ignores the unseen difficulties with scheduling, but I agree with BOBB, we are 1 "anywhere, anytime, anyone" game away from where I'd like to see our schedule.

Depending on the MTE being a 3 or 4 game package, we currently have 13 or 14 games available to schedule non-conference. Let's say 13 due to a 3 game tourney. That leaves 10 left. BB and return BB, now it's 8 (and I'm sick of the delayed return game, just play the damned game). We should play Tulsa every year, and they know it too. 7. Intrust buy game, 6. I believe we should do the same in the Sprint Center...it can be done, once a year. 5. AAA game, 4. Now you just have to fill 4 games at home or otherwise. Somewhere in 348 D1 programs, there has to be a similar type team looking for a home and home every 2 seasons. Maybe it's USU for 2 years, maybe Gonzaga, maybe New Mexico etc. Somewhere we can find 1 program every two years. Now we're at 3. If one of them is Newman, I have zero beef. Newman, Pitt State, ESU, FHSU should make up our exhibition and if needed, 1 buy game every season. 2 left. We should be able to find 2 teams in need of money every year to come here and play with no return date and still make our financial budget. That's 9 Valley home games, 1 BB, 2 road apples, 1 in state game and 1 TU or TBA H&H. That's 14 + 2 special site games. Doesn't that work for everybody?

Not to fly totally off topic, but I also believe it's time the Valley be a little more assertive in the BB. Let's face it, our conference is the premier conference in this event. Not always the premier team, but usually the top 6-10 games include about 4 MVC teams. I'm all for no more road games in the BB. I don't mind the return road games, but we stay home for the important ones, or we get out. I'm sure I am in the minority on this but it's what I think.
                                I'd like to see a poll of season ticket holders to see how many would be willing to pay the same price for season tickets and SASO with this setup. My guess is there would be plenty of complaints, yet that income is needed to pay the salaries the level of coach we want demands in the market, to provide the facilities and resources top caliber players expect at their school, etc. Let's say we did take a buy game at $100,000 (incld TV money) as a 1 shot away deal, after expenses associated with said trip (charter jet, meals, etc) let's say we're lucky and bring home $50,000. At 10,000 seats that's $5 per person. Therefore, even if ticket prices were reduced it would be pretty much insignificant. If I was still permanently in Wichita and had my former season tickets, I'd probably go for it, but know many who wouldn't. Just look at how many people had issues with having to pay the extra money for Intrust this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X