No announcement yet.

WSU VERSUS NEWMAN PREDICTIONS AND PREGAME DISCUSSIONS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the coaches would take home and away with virtually anyone in the United States.

Comment

Originally posted by cpaderby View Post
      Shockers should win by plenty, but why are we playing them or a Chicago State? Doesn't even make a good scrimmage for the team, not entertaining for the fans and does not help SOS. With all the "midmajors" complaining of scheduling problems, why not schedule each other. We do the same thing we complain about BCS schools doing, instead of scheduling home and away with quality opponents we have buy in games with cupcakes.
      This summer when the schedule was being worked on, Coach revealed they were holding a date open to try and get a good opponent scheduled, possibly by someone getting desperate to fill a date. Since nothing came up, they scheduled Newman rather than some D1 patsy to avoid any hit to the SOS.

Given that, I really have no problems with this approach.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerEngr View Post
        This summer when the schedule was being worked on, Coach revealed they were holding a date open to try and get a good opponent scheduled, possibly by someone getting desperate to fill a date. Since nothing came up, they scheduled Newman rather than some D1 patsy to avoid any hit to the SOS.

Given that, I really have no problems with this approach.
        I concur SE! I actually enjoyed the Chicago State game for several reasons. First, I wanted to see the bench get some quality PT. Second, I enjoyed the heck out of the dunking exhibition… it reminded me of the early eighties when the Shockers and Louisville were the ‘doctors of dunk’. Third, I didn’t get all stressed out like I usually do… and that’s good for the old ticker. Overall, I can live with one ‘wine and cheese’ atmosphere per year where we have a 99% chance of winning the game.
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
          I think the coaches would take home and away with virtually anyone in the United States.
          Not sure about that. We would never do a home and away with teams like Chicago State. The lower tier teams are home buy games only.

Comment

Chicago State has no gym, do they?

Comment

This will be a real barn burner. Like down the final possession. But I think we'll pull it off.:livid:

Comment

On the Locker Room show, Jans said they probably wouldn't be interested in a home-and-home with Utah State because we'd probably lose the road game.

Comment

Shockers - 86
                  Jets - 62

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                    On the Locker Room show, Jans said they probably wouldn't be interested in a home-and-home with Utah State because we'd probably lose the road game.
                    Which is the same reason we can't get higher profile schools to Koch. Everyone wants the guaranteed win.

Comment

Chicago State has no gym, do they?
                      They do play at an arena about the size of UNI's. It does seem however CSU program is cash strapped as they play a lot of away games.

Comment

There are a ton of teams we refuse 1-for-1's with.

ORU and UMKC are two of them.

Comment

Sorry, I view this as a defeatism attitude and very BCSish. You're practicing the very thing that you complain about....not getting quality opponents to play you at home. You want to really prove yourself? Then go out there and beat some reasonably tough opponents, even on the road. If you feel deserving of Dancing, then you should feel confident of beating your piers on the road. If they have a lower than normal RPI, you should win on the road, but a loss wouldn't be the end of the world. If they have a higher RPI than norm, a win on the road can greatly help punch your ticket without being a negative if you lose. Then, there's the quality home games you get in return.

I've always like how Few and Gonzaga went out on the road and proved themselves worthy. Once reaching that goal, they now get respectable deals with BCS teams and quality TV exposure, both of which should add to your recruiting efforts.

Comment

Thinking the weather will affect attendance. Mine, anyway.

Comment

Thinking the weather will affect attendance. Mine, anyway.
                              I'll be there even if I have to hook up the dogs to the sled.

Comment

Yeah I agree, I don't like this comment one bit! Not the correct attitude to have! Email campaign to the coaches to correct this situation? lol

Comment

Working...
                                X