Dexter Dennis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
    With only 2 Seniors next year, if we can't find a very good 5 grad-transfer, it isn't a bad idea to have one for Dexter, and only have 12 signed scholarship players this year. Give it to one of the walk-on's who deserve it for a year. You never know when a big time transfer falls to us mid-year either.
    Yes .. there is no reason to force Dexter at this point to decide. We have 2 Scholarships + his still. So 3 to fill if he would decide to leave. On top of that, we have a lot of people that can step in to his place (though no one near as proven). We won't be lacking depth at the 2/3/4 even if he chooses to leave. Our biggest gaps, Dexter or not are young depth at the 1 and any depth at the 5.

Comment

• nm
      Last edited by MelvinLoudermilk; April 13, 2020, 01:15 PM.

Comment

• Just here to throw in my opinion that no one cares about and leave lol.

I love Dex. He's my favorite current player and I think he could be really really great in a year or two. I sympathized with him leaving a few months ago a lot bc I've also struggled with mental health issues and seeing him being open about it and taking care of himself was really inspiring to me.

I know a lot of people on here think the blaming of ES in these situations is over-exaggerated but he and Dex were best friends and roommates for 2 years. When Dex left, Erik was happy to be the star and scoring points but when he came back, the attention went back to the player that Marshall himself has declared is the most likely next NBA talent and Erik's performances dipped. Then we got constant comments from him (ES) about how it was no coincidence that they started losing when he starting scoring less...which coincided with Dex coming back...idk. It's very frustrating to watch a very smart kid having such a poisonous presence in his life that truthfully doesn't seem to have anyone else's best interests in mind but his own.

I hope Dexter doesn't allow his apparent best friend to hold too much of an influence over his decision because I think it'll be something he regrets for years to come. ES seems to think HE'S NBA worthy...let's not leave the fate of your future in the hands of that guy, Dexter. I do have hope that his mom's opinion is more important to him so I hope in the end that's the one he goes with.

It's just a very frustrating thing to see these guys just take the hype they see after one or two good games on twitter and base their entire future decisions on it. I keep thinking about how hard Fred and Landry had to work to get to where they are in the NBA and it's just very obvious none of these guys have the slightest clue what goes into this as a career if they think they're already ready for it after two not even full struggling years playing in D1. It's one thing to post video edits and inspirational quotes about how you're "made for this" on social media, it's a whole other thing to actually DO the dang thing. None of these kids are ready.

Again, I wish nothing but the best for Dex and I hope that being evaluated by the NBA and figuring out what he needs to do to get better and then coming back for at least one more year here is the decision he ends up choosing.

Ok that's it from me, I'm gonna go back to lurking now.

Comment

• Yeah I hope Dex doesn't get swept up in "The Process"

Comment

• Dexter and Eric were doing some live Instagram stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockinglyno View Post
              Just here to throw in my opinion that no one cares about and leave lol.

I love Dex. He's my favorite current player and I think he could be really really great in a year or two. I sympathized with him leaving a few months ago a lot bc I've also struggled with mental health issues and seeing him being open about it and taking care of himself was really inspiring to me.

I know a lot of people on here think the blaming of ES in these situations is over-exaggerated but he and Dex were best friends and roommates for 2 years. When Dex left, Erik was happy to be the star and scoring points but when he came back, the attention went back to the player that Marshall himself has declared is the most likely next NBA talent and Erik's performances dipped. Then we got constant comments from him (ES) about how it was no coincidence that they started losing when he starting scoring less...which coincided with Dex coming back...idk. It's very frustrating to watch a very smart kid having such a poisonous presence in his life that truthfully doesn't seem to have anyone else's best interests in mind but his own.

I hope Dexter doesn't allow his apparent best friend to hold too much of an influence over his decision because I think it'll be something he regrets for years to come. ES seems to think HE'S NBA worthy...let's not leave the fate of your future in the hands of that guy, Dexter. I do have hope that his mom's opinion is more important to him so I hope in the end that's the one he goes with.

It's just a very frustrating thing to see these guys just take the hype they see after one or two good games on twitter and base their entire future decisions on it. I keep thinking about how hard Fred and Landry had to work to get to where they are in the NBA and it's just very obvious none of these guys have the slightest clue what goes into this as a career if they think they're already ready for it after two not even full struggling years playing in D1. It's one thing to post video edits and inspirational quotes about how you're "made for this" on social media, it's a whole other thing to actually DO the dang thing. None of these kids are ready.

Again, I wish nothing but the best for Dex and I hope that being evaluated by the NBA and figuring out what he needs to do to get better and then coming back for at least one more year here is the decision he ends up choosing.

Ok that's it from me, I'm gonna go back to lurking now.
              Best post I’ve read on here in a long time... thanks!!!

Comment

• I like Dex too. But disappointed he did not say "I'm going to NBA or going back to WSU."
                I have my doubts he is coming back.

I think it is unreasonable of him to just leave this open.
                But Coach Marshall will handle this appropriately.
                We will be fine either way.

But deep inside, I think he is going to leave at the last minute thinking he is leaving us high and dry.
                I think it is part of the plan the disgruntled leaders (ES, MU, GS and JB) put together.
                I will be surprised if he comes back.

At first I cared, now I don't any more.

Comment

• Originally posted by David Rahm View Post
                  I like Dex too. But disappointed he did not say "I'm going to NBA or going back to WSU."

But deep inside, I think he is going to leave at the last minute thinking he is leaving us high and dry.
                  I think it is part of the plan the disgruntled leaders (ES, MU, GS and JB) put together.

Wow... if he did that, leaving the team high and dry, that would equal Stevenson’s worthlessness

Comment

• Who really knows what Dex is thinking of or what conversations he has had with 3G. I imagine 3G will be prepared for whatever comes to pass and I assume he knows far more about what those probabilities are that most of us do. But I understand. People really dislike uncertainty. May be more than being disappointed.
                    Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 15, 2020, 10:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by David Rahm View Post
                      I like Dex too. But disappointed he did not say "I'm going to NBA or going back to WSU."

At this point, him leaving last minute hurts him more than WSU. We still have 2 scholarships open, not counting his. So we aren't turning down quality players because of him. In fact we stocked up on players that play his positions. If he leaves late, it's less likely that he will find a better fit with a team that still has a scholarship open. He doesn't really have incentive to try to stick it to WSU to his own detriment

Comment

• I may have already said this, but WTH....

At a certain point, if Dex remains non-committal, Marshall is going to have to recruit over him.

If Marshall finds another player to take the scholarship, he gives Dex an ultimatum: “I have a kid who wants to commit today. Tell me right now, ‘Yes’ or ‘No’, do you want to be back here?”

If Dex wants to fly as close to the sun as long as he can, he might not like the cash back down to Earth.
                        The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                          I may have already said this, but WTH....

At a certain point, if Dex remains non-committal, Marshall is going to have to recruit over him.

If Marshall finds another player to take the scholarship, he gives Dex an ultimatum: “I have a kid who wants to commit today. Tell me right now, ‘Yes’ or ‘No’, do you want to be back here?”

If Dex wants to fly as close to the sun as long as he can, he might not like the cash back down to Earth.
                          And I'm sure Marshall probably will. Right now Marshall hasn't even filled the scholarships we already have. So no harm in letting Dexter take his time.

Comment

• Comment

• I think all of the speculation on Dex at this point is just that, speculation. If he stays great, if he goes, meh. None of us know at this point what he is thinking but the one thing I am certain of is that HCGM has a plan either way.

My gut is that Dex is back and isn't really considering leaving. I base this on all of the same things Stickboy said above. It's all a timing thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                                I think all of the speculation on Dex at this point is just that, speculation. If he stays great, if he goes, meh. None of us know at this point what he is thinking but the one thing I am certain of is that HCGM has a plan either way.

My gut is that Dex is back and isn't really considering leaving. I base this on all of the same things Stickboy said above. It's all a timing thing.
                                To add my comments earlier. Think about it from Dexs view.

His number one is to get in the NBA. So that's his top priority now. They are unlikely to say he's ready, but they will give him feedback of what he needs to show. So at that point, he has to decide if he can do that at WSU and weigh his options. This includes talking with coach about the feedback and coaches plan for the mostly new team. Most all of his friends are gone and most of the team is new. So he will likely want to contact them and see how they mesh. He will also likely want to know if the waiver thing passes to know his options.

I'd want all that info too if I was in his position.

He's not holding us hostage. We are unlikely to add a different impact player if he left today vs 2 months from now. We have depth at his position. It's all new.. but so would be his replacement.

So let's all stop acting like insecure GFs needing reassurance that someone still likes us

Comment

Working...
                                X