Dexter Dennis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
    I think all of the speculation on Dex at this point is just that, speculation. If he stays great, if he goes, meh. None of us know at this point what he is thinking but the one thing I am certain of is that HCGM has a plan either way.

My gut is that Dex is back and isn't really considering leaving. I base this on all of the same things Stickboy said above. It's all a timing thing.
    I agree and if dex doesn’t go to the pros this year. He will talk to the appropriate people like Marshall and his family. Let’s not forget that Tyson waterman is probably in his ear as a voice of reason. Tyson was his prep coach and was the key figure in getting Marshall to come take a look. He is one of dex’s mentors.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

To add my comments earlier. Think about it from Dexs view.

His number one is to get in the NBA. So that's his top priority now. They are unlikely to say he's ready, but they will give him feedback of what he needs to show. So at that point, he has to decide if he can do that at WSU and weigh his options. This includes talking with coach about the feedback and coaches plan for the mostly new team. Most all of his friends are gone and most of the team is new. So he will likely want to contact them and see how they mesh. He will also likely want to know if the waiver thing passes to know his options.

I'd want all that info too if I was in his position.

He's not holding us hostage. We are unlikely to add a different impact player if he left today vs 2 months from now. We have depth at his position. It's all new.. but so would be his replacement.

So let's all stop acting like insecure GFs needing reassurance that someone still likes us
      This x 1000!!

Well said. He is not a dummy and he will take his time and evaluate his NBA potential. That is all he has said he is focused on right now. He hasn't said anything about anything other than he is focused on that right now, which he should be. It's completely logical. Most of the Dex leaving hype has been stoked by SN and not by Dex himself.

I've always had the feeling that if a kid wants to be a Shocker then that is awesome but that no one person is bigger than the team. I support the Shocker program and those kids on the team. Dex is part of that team and as far as I can tell has not come out and trashed the coaches or other players, unlike some others.

Comment

• Was reading this article today, and couldn't help but make the comparison of last offseasons Obi Toppins decision to pull out and come back. Prior to the 19-20 season, Obi was an athletic, potential filled player with the talent to be a pro, but not yet the exposure. He needed another season to bring it all together, and show his dynamics to the world.
        I think if DeX makes a similar decision, he has the opportunity to match Toppins arc. I've loved Dexter from day 1, and part of that is the maturity, and intelligence he shows, both on and off the court. I am predicting that he will be back for a full season, take the games by the horns, and blow the roof off this mutha.
        just an observation, and connection I made, no need to give me specific measurements, stats...etc...that try to debunk me.
        Love U All, basketball will be back, and the Shox will be at the top of the heap....Shockers up, my friends

Comment

• Lol, didn't post the link...here...

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocknroll33 View Post
            Was reading this article today, and couldn't help but make the comparison of last offseasons Obi Toppins decision to pull out and come back. Prior to the 19-20 season, Obi was an athletic, potential filled player with the talent to be a pro, but not yet the exposure. He needed another season to bring it all together, and show his dynamics to the world.
            I think if DeX makes a similar decision, he has the opportunity to match Toppins arc. I've loved Dexter from day 1, and part of that is the maturity, and intelligence he shows, both on and off the court. I am predicting that he will be back for a full season, take the games by the horns, and blow the roof off this mutha.
            just an observation, and connection I made, no need to give me specific measurements, stats...etc...that try to debunk me.
            Love U All, basketball will be back, and the Shox will be at the top of the heap....Shockers up, my friends

I hope Dex comes back but don't really get the comparison.

Obi Toppin could end up as the #1 pick in this years draft. Not sure I understand what you mean by "match Toppins arc"
            Last edited by MelvinLoudermilk; April 26, 2020, 02:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MelvinLoudermilk View Post

I hope Dex comes back but don't really get the comparison.

Obi Toppin could end up as the #1 pick in this years draft. Not sure I understand what you mean by "match Toppins arc"
              Coming back to college and being athletic is about all they have in common. Dex has a lot more to work on to be a complete player ready for the NBA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                Coming back to college and being athletic is about all they have in common. Dex has a lot more to work on to be a complete player ready for the NBA.
                There is a lot more different than just Dexter needs to do a lot more work. Obi more closely compares to Antoine Carr than Dexter. He’s 6’9” and 220 lbs. if Dexter was 6’9” he’d weigh more than 220 and with his hops, he’d be ready for the NBA. Dex is a guard, not a Forward and he needs to become a player with good handles and the ability to play full court and attack the rim.

Comment

• I believe shocknroll was only comparing the NBA draft (feel up) situation, not a comparison of talent, size, position or stats.
                  we all apparently have plenty of time to nitpick.
                  I think he's correct

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post
                    I believe shocknroll was only comparing the NBA draft (feel up) situation, not a comparison of talent, size, position or stats.
                    we all apparently have plenty of time to nitpick.
                    I think he's correct

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

There is a lot more different than just Dexter needs to do a lot more work. Obi more closely compares to Antoine Carr than Dexter. He’s 6’9” and 220 lbs. if Dexter was 6’9” he’d weigh more than 220 and with his hops, he’d be ready for the NBA. Dex is a guard, not a Forward and he needs to become a player with good handles and the ability to play full court and attack the rim.
                      Right, which is why I said being athletic is about all they have in common.

Comment

• Well, I did say comparing Obis "decision" and predicted the disecting and intense scrutiny, but hey, it painted a picture.

Atx was correct about me purely comparing NBA draft possibilities of the 2. But I knew the measurement comparisons were revving up before I hit post.

DeX is definitely a blow up year away from being a first rounder. Obi was at that stage last year...thats all I'm spittin.

If you want more similarities, maybe I could go all stalker and create a comparison of both dudes favorite meals, preferred sleeping positions, undies color, cats names... etc... if that could help sell my vision to y'all.

But then again, I clearly stated my view, and reading the exact comments I could have predicted is making me smile.

Kawhi was the 1st Kawhi, Giannis, the 1st Giannis, Kobe the first Kobe, Lebron..., MJ..., now, I'm NOT saying that DeX is the next MVP, but he is the 1sr DeX, our DeX with a rare combo of size, athleticism, marksmanship...

There comes a point in all future stars game, that it all comes together.
                        Obi took another year, and found it
                        Dexter could too, he's close

Appreciate the comments, I agree with most of them.

Shock On!!

Comment

• Comment

• Dex could make a living as a 3 point shooter for sure.

Comment

• Dex has been posting an awful lot of pictures of him playing for WSU on his IG as of late. Feeling more and more like he’ll return this Fall.

Comment

• If they move the draft to end of the summer it’s gonna put a lot of pressure on guys that are still on the fence. They need to play ball over the summer.

Comment

Working...
                                X