Potential Transfers into program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potential Transfers into program

Forget the going out, who might be coming in?

I have no clue but this late I would think more transfers and JUCO guys rather than more freshmen.

Whoever they are, I want dawgs and killers.
    The Assman

Comment

I’m sure whoever it will be the next coming of “Gawd Shaw Gawd” and then excuses will roll out that

1. “we are the youngest team in the NCAA and can’t be expected to compete this year but wait till next year”.

2. You have to give our juco time to learn the system, they will be better by the second half of the season and will be prepared to lead this team to a great run in the NIT”.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
        I’m sure whoever it will be the next coming of “Gawd Shaw Gawd” and then excuses will roll out that

1. “we are the youngest team in the NCAA and can’t be expected to compete this year but wait till next year”.

2. You have to give our juco time to learn the system, they will be better by the second half of the season and will be prepared to lead this team to a great run in the NIT”.
        ?? There’s a good core of experienced players coming back. Let’s take a breath.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Yep, pretty much. Especially #1, that will be said CONSTANTLY.
          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Some of you think you’re hilarious...

Comment

I vote for perhaps one or two transfers.

* - No more 6'6" power forwards. We need big, mean, athletic kids that can play defense. I think Trey Wade is underutilized at PF. I don't think he's a good fit for the AAC at power forward. He might could get by in the MVC like that, but not at the level of competition we have to face nightly now.
              * - I don't think Udeze is an adequate backup at Center. Not only that, he can't hit free throws either, so he is a liability late in games. Perhaps Asbjorn or Poor Bear can make some strides and be as good as Echinique, but the point I'm making here is we are inadequate up front. Let's see what's out there. If we can get a Carl Hall like forward, I'm all in for that, I don't care that they might be Juco, I think we have found PFs in the past out of Juco who could play, we can do it again. It would seem like we need help up front ASAP, so we need at least one PF who could play immediately.
              * - We need depth at guard, I think we have a couple of good starters, they are a little small, but they are good. I think we could bring some freshmen in and play like that at Guard.

I think Coach needs to be a little more aware of the behavior of the kids he's recruiting, he seems to turn a lot of players over due to fit issues. Sooner or later his blind spot in this area will come back to haunt him. I could see coaches using this against him when they are competing with him. Is it possible that we are already losing out on kids because of whisper campaigns (don't go to WSU, the coach doesn't get along particularly well with his kids). Whether this is the truth or a perception makes no difference. This will be used against him because it is (apparently) the second time in the last three years he's had massive turnover.

Comment

I thought I saw Matt Pile was transferring but doesn’t look like it. Maybe it was that kid from McPherson who also went to a summit school, can’t think of his name though.

EDIT; yep it’s Ben Pyle from McPherson/Western Illinois who is transferring. He made 43% of threes making 2.5 per game and averaging 12.5 pts a game as a sophomore in the summit. 6-7 and skinny, probably not the right fit for AAC but that’s pretty stout 3 ball shooting.
                Last edited by Shoxing Me Softly; March 15, 2020, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxing Me Softly View Post
                  I thought I saw Matt Pile was transferring but doesn’t look like it. Maybe it was that kid from McPherson who also went to a summit school, can’t think of his name though.
                  yeah, Pyle from McPherson is leaving Western Illinois

Comment

Pyle isnt a bad player. But I'm not sure his frame would hold up at WSU.

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock View Post
                      Pyle isnt a bad player. But I'm not sure his frame would hold up at WSU.
                      What little I could find on him from the WIU forum looks like he is a defensive liability in the summit so can’t imagine he would fit the AAC

Comment

Nothing Gregg would hate worse than a defensive liability
                        The Assman

Comment

I might get bashed for this... But things haven't gotten better since we lost Jans and to lesser degree Heiar...I think those two made Greggs life better. Gregg Marshall is our head coach, and many of us put him on a pedestal. We can blame players all we want... But at some point we gotta look in the mirror and talk about the elephant in the room.

Comment

Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post
                            I vote for perhaps one or two transfers.

* - No more 6'6" power forwards. We need big, mean, athletic kids that can play defense. I think Trey Wade is underutilized at PF. I don't think he's a good fit for the AAC at power forward. He might could get by in the MVC like that, but not at the level of competition we have to face nightly now.
                            * - I don't think Udeze is an adequate backup at Center. Not only that, he can't hit free throws either, so he is a liability late in games. Perhaps Asbjorn or Poor Bear can make some strides and be as good as Echinique, but the point I'm making here is we are inadequate up front. Let's see what's out there. If we can get a Carl Hall like forward, I'm all in for that, I don't care that they might be Juco, I think we have found PFs in the past out of Juco who could play, we can do it again. It would seem like we need help up front ASAP, so we need at least one PF who could play immediately.
                            * - We need depth at guard, I think we have a couple of good starters, they are a little small, but they are good. I think we could bring some freshmen in and play like that at Guard.

I think Coach needs to be a little more aware of the behavior of the kids he's recruiting, he seems to turn a lot of players over due to fit issues. Sooner or later his blind spot in this area will come back to haunt him. I could see coaches using this against him when they are competing with him. Is it possible that we are already losing out on kids because of whisper campaigns (don't go to WSU, the coach doesn't get along particularly well with his kids). Whether this is the truth or a perception makes no difference. This will be used against him because it is (apparently) the second time in the last three years he's had massive turnover.
                            As far as I'm concerned...our starting Center is not currently on our roster unless Jaime E is getting another crack at it. We need to bring in a couple biggens unless Joe B is going to make an impact as a redshirt freshmen.

Comment

Didn’t WSU recruit this guy out of high school? Had a great freshman year. Not sure what happened this year. Anyways he is transferring.

Jordan Lathon (2) Guard - C-USA Commissioner's Academic Honor Roll (2019) 2019 College of Business Administration Dean's List Conference USA Freshman of the Week

Comment

Working...
                              X