Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Council?

Comment

• Not excited yet. AG was a good signee to stop the bleeding and fill the immediate need
      for a quality PG. Hope these other signees are not out of desperation. I question whether they are
      AAC caliber. Only time will tell. All I am saying is I wouldn't be overly excited yet until you see them
      play against more talented competition, but I DO hope they all turn out to be great players.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Wonder if this is because of what is already public.... Or maybe something that isn't public yet... Or maybe completely unrelated

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
          Not excited yet. AG was a good signee to stop the bleeding and fill the immediate need
          for a quality PG. Hope these other signees are not out of desperation. I question whether they are
          AAC caliber. Only time will tell. All I am saying is I wouldn't be overly excited yet until you see them
          play against more talented competition, but I DO hope they all turn out to be great players.
          Just Stop with the negativity...

Comment

Not excited yet. AG was a good signee to stop the bleeding and fill the immediate need
            While I agree only time will tell and I want to see them against AAC talent before I anoint anyone, I’m curios why you would be pessimistic about these guys? The two new guards are 6’4 and 6’5 so the length is there. They’re certainly athletic. Obviously the big questions are can they shoot, dribble, pass, and play defense but nothing I saw on tape was immediately concerning. Just curious what you picked up on.

Comment

• Didn't expect another signing in the 40 minutes since I last posted.
              Kids are long and lean and very athletic.
              If they are sent through our weight training process, Marshall coaches them up, and they understand their roles, they will be good enough.

I am anxious to see someone come along to keep company with Poor Bear, I don't think he can play 40 minutes a game.
              A beefy 6-10 power forward to keep Trey company would be nice too.

But I am sure there is more to come, and it is coming faster than I expected.
              I was a bit dejected with the virus, thinking that our losses had already been suffered but our gains would take a while.

I presume Marshall is getting the guys he wants, you offer many, and take only a few.
              Doubt he is just "settling" for anyone who will sign.

He has proven to be a damn good talent scout and a finder of kids under the radar, so let's assume he can coach these kids up to previous Shocker success levels.
              I expect he will.

Quit being a crybaby negative Nellie.

Comment

• Taylor Eldridge referring time the flurry of commitments, “the momentum might not be done yet, either.”

Comment

• 1. I admit to still being down as a result of the good players we lost
                  2. Other than AG none of these new guys seem to be drawing attention from top 50 or even
                  top 100 programs
                  3. None are rated very high from scouting services
                  4. Hoping JM and Bilau pan out and I think they will.
                  5. After our top 5-6 players I see chaos
                  6. Need a center who can play with his back to the basket, rebound and defend
                  7. Wish I could be more positive but overall I see a pretty big step back from what we had weeks ago

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Wasn't DJ Ballentine the 2nd coming of Colt Ryan?
                    Those are the 2 guys. Don't remember who came 1st, but ES would be the 3rd generation of that.

Thanks.
                    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Ricky Council was a Rivals 3-star now but was getting ready to move up the recruiting boards. The word on this kid was getting out. These are the kind of athletes we need.

Last edited by MelvinLoudermilk; March 29, 2020, 06:44 PM.

Comment

• Did these guys not see all of tge players leave the progrum?

Just curious if they realize the coach is a dick and might raise his voice.
                        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Wichita State nabs its second ‘big-time athlete’ of the day in Ricky Council IV

Comment

Wasn't Midtgaard supposed to also be the second coming of Arvydas Sabonis??
                            The Assman

Comment

• All of our signees are supposed to be great and some of them are. The key going forward is the ratio.

Comment

• Someone recently posted a spreadsheet that listed the players along with the assistant coach who recruited them. Does someone still have that?

IIRC IPBC is the only hangover from the Donnie Jones/Kyle Linstead group.

Waterman is building a nice track record so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X