No announcement yet.

2020-21 Annual "Transfer" Guess-a-thon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding Stevenson, University of Washington has the nicest location and campus [at least until sea levels rise]. Doubt if helicopter dad will be shooting off his mouth that much on social media. Predict a nice middling career for Eric at WU.

Comment

• Originally posted by N Crestway View Post
      Regarding Stevenson, University of Washington has the nicest location and campus [at least until sea levels rise]. Doubt if helicopter dad will be shooting off his mouth that much on social media. Predict a nice middling career for Eric at WU.
      Do they not have internet in Washington?

Comment

Regarding Stevenson, University of Washington has the nicest location and campus [at least until sea levels rise]. Doubt if helicopter dad will be shooting off his mouth that much on social media. Predict a nice middling career for Eric at WU.
        Lake Washington is 5 meters above sea level and the campus rises from there. Seattle is a steep freaking city rising out of the sound. If Seattle loses to the water we are all in trouble.
        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post

Lake Washington is 5 meters above sea level and the campus rises from there. Seattle is a steep freaking city rising out of the sound. If Seattle loses to the water we are all in trouble.
          Nice drama. I’m Not worried.

Comment

• A small goal of mine is to never think of Stevenson again...ever....

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
              A small goal of mine is to never think of Stevenson again...ever....
              I'll drink to that!

Comment

• Back and forth we go ...

Comment

• I’ve been trying to think to come up with a former shocker equivalent for incoming transfer, Mo Udeze. Thanks to Paul Suellentrop I think I found it. Ryan Martin. Undersized, range of 4 ft and in, ground bound yet a really good rebounder, tough as nails, took charges, set screens, great teammate, etc.

Surprised I didn’t remember him until now as he was a personal favorite back in the day. The ultimate garbage man.

Comment

• I've tried to mostly keep my nose out of the transfer discussions this season. I wish all the kids success both incoming and out going.

I do want to say I'm kinda done with the whole "XXXX will get less time and not as much time at the position he wants as YYYYY school" comments.

I get the whole "he's our guy I love him" vs "he left us I hate him" thing, it's natural and understandable.

Do some of you think WSU is that much less a program?

Personally, I expect several of this young men to have strong finishes to their careers, especially JB.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                      I’ve been trying to think to come up with a former shocker equivalent for incoming transfer, Mo Udeze. Thanks to Paul Suellentrop I think I found it. Ryan Martin. Undersized, range of 4 ft and in, ground bound yet a really good rebounder, tough as nails, took charges, set screens, great teammate, etc.

Surprised I didn’t remember him until now as he was a personal favorite back in the day. The ultimate garbage man.
                      He’s the player someone saw wearing a KU sweatsuit at a WSU baseball game and there was a Shockernet $hitfit conniption. Didn’t he grow up in northeast Kansas and transferred from BCCC and coached by Randy Smithson? Whew, my memory pisses me off sometimes. I’m sure he had some ‘turncoat’ gear and probably didn’t think a thing about wearing it. Regardless, he was a fun player to watch.
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                        I've tried to mostly keep my nose out of the transfer discussions this season. I wish all the kids success both incoming and out going.

I do want to say I'm kinda done with the whole "XXXX will get less time and not as much time at the position he wants as YYYYY school" comments.

I get the whole "he's our guy I love him" vs "he left us I hate him" thing, it's natural and understandable.

Do some of you think WSU is that much less a program?

Personally, I expect several of this young men to have strong finishes to their careers, especially JB.
                        I’ve been guilty but I totally agree wit this. I don’t ever think we are less of a program than anyone though. 3G proved that out!

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

He’s the player someone saw wearing a KU sweatsuit at a WSU baseball game and there was a Shockernet $hitfit conniption. Didn’t he grow up in northeast Kansas and transferred from BCCC and coached by Randy Smithson? Whew, my memory pisses me off sometimes. I’m sure he had some ‘turncoat’ gear and probably didn’t think a thing about wearing it. Regardless, he was a fun player to watch.
                          I don’t remember the stuff with the KU sweatshirt but he transferred from Coffeyville CC. You’re right he is from NE KS.

Comment

• Maybe they know something the fans don't want to think about at this time. They don't want to approve all these transfers and find out they don't get to play anyway because of everything else going on. With the way the season ended, I would have hoped for te approval. They really need something positive moving forward with this next season. The kids want to play. How many kids do you put at risk because of this? Think about Teddy. Would have have taken steps back? Either way, there's going to be a lot of disappointment on all sides.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Mo and Ryan are not a comparison without some merit. He was a Turgeon player on the Sweet 16 team and then the team that tanked from Top 15 (beat Syracuse) to a 500 team at the end of the year. The garbage comparisons are good, they both had long arms, and screen out (good fundamentals), but Mo is 3" taller and a little bigger. Therefore, I think that Mo has a higher ceiling.

Comment

Now that the sting has worn off, ES was one of my favorite players. Love the guy on our team/hate the guy on an opposing team type of player. Some of his passes were amazing. Not sure of the reason for his inconsistency, but I will cheer him on at UW and hope he kicks ass. There seems to be some personal demons he’s dealing with and I hope he slays them and grows as a person and matures. UW is a beautiful place to play ball. Not near the program of Wichita State, but he’s close to home and his family. After losing his Grandfather, I understand the need to be close to family.

Comment

Working...
                                X