2020-21 Annual "Transfer" Guess-a-thon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NCAABound View Post
    Looking at Noah and his dad's twitter...guessing its a coach issue too. I mentioned earlier this year HCGM allowing no other voices or alphas...possibly true.
    Noah's dad liked these two tweets, for those looking for context.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

According to 247sports, he had offers from Washington State, USF, LSU, Washington, and us. Speaking of USF, that would be all we need to have him go to another conference school.
      Could be wrong but I don’t think transferring to a League school is acceptable if GM doesn’t like it. I’d think sitting out is more probable.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

Burton was never really a PG even though he played one on TV.
        Burton is by far our biggest loss from this group. We need to recruit a couple guards because we just lost a lot of length

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

Noah's dad liked these two tweets, for those looking for context.
          Among others

Comment

• We just havent had the player leadership on this team. ES would not have been allowed to act like he did on the FVV RB teams. We need a couple of the guys to step into that role next year. TE might be that guy, maybe DD.

Player dissension can wreck a team. Remember 2007 and the Ogirri debacle. Turgeon never got things turned around and left right after. Marshall worked miracles to get to 23 and 8. He's not perfect but I'm glad he doesn't give up.
            I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodrow View Post
              We just havent had the player leadership on this team. ES would not have been allowed to act like he did on the FVV RB teams. We need a couple of the guys to step into that role next year. TE might be that guy, maybe DD.
              Erik WAS the leader though!! Didn't you hear??
              The Assman

Comment

• Tate-good luck kid. Go play ball somewhere, you’ll be fine. Enjoy and have some fun!! Remember your time as a Shocker.
                Deantoni-Nice guy, athlete, not a good shot. Struggle in AAC.
                Noah-Dang, real promise...but you should have chosen to refshirt. Good luck to you! Best wishes.
                JB-really, really hate to see you go. Something is up there-not sure what. But, he is replaceable. We will eventually upgrade.
                Erik- Whatever. Like there isn’t another 6’3” dude out there who can shoot and defend as good as him...the are literally dozens. We will upgrade again.

Assuming no other surprises (DD, GS.), we’ll be fine.

my two cents. G’night.

Comment

• Originally posted by champions5 View Post

I’m sure a guy who had problems seeing the court for the last 1/2 of the season because his play was putrid is going to change someone from non-contender to contender.

Solid analysis.
                  Let's not kid ourself... He will have his game of the year against us... Even if he sucks the rest of the year

Comment

• To play for Marshall, a player has to want, badly, to get better no matter what it takes. A player who already knows he's as good as he ever needs to be or isn't inclined to go through the difficult process of learning they have more to learn won't last long.

If there is only one player on the team who isn't inclined to take Marshall's style of coaching that can spread, like crabgrass, to others on the team.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                      Wonder what Fred would have to say about 3Gs coaching style?
                      He would say nothing’s changed in the past 3 years. Gregg left a lot of leadership to Fred, Ron, and Cotton. Cotton was a good player but his steadfast willingness to step up and lead by example was his greatest accomplishment imo.

Comment

• I haven't read the whole thread .. Been on the road all day.

My thoughts
                        Burton is a big loss.
                        Erik.. good and bad that he left
                        Noah.. I was never enamored with him like some here. Not a game changing loss.
                        Gordon... Great hustle kid.. but had a long way to go.

Looking at what we have coming back now... We need some guard depth but we have quite a few quality players left. This also really helps balance the classes better as long as we don't go all in on freshman to replace these guys.

Let's hope for a waiver for Jaime... We have plenty of room now

Comment

• You all act like ES would be worse than any high caliber player from a top level program. This is an extreme example...but Kentucky sure can mold together a bunch of "me" guys into a team. If what you say is true...why can't HCGM coach different personalities?

Comment

You all act like ES would be worse than any high caliber player from a top level program. This is an extreme example...but Kentucky sure can mold together a bunch of "me" guys into a team. If what you say is true...why can't HCGM coach different personalities?
                            I don’t know, you tell us? Aren’t you the poster who surmised Mike Pelfrey was over his head as a pitching coach after one game?

Comment

You all act like ES would be worse than any high caliber player from a top level program. This is an extreme example...but Kentucky sure can mold together a bunch of "me" guys into a team. If what you say is true...why can't HCGM coach different personalities?
                              Maybe because we don’t pay players? Don’t kid yourself. He’s tough on kids but the great talented ones playing then are drafted. Others wait in the wings to play and yes some transfer. Things aren’t perfect there. It’s easier with 5* players.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                                Looking at what we have coming back now... We need some guard depth but we have quite a few quality players left.
                                you think it’s just go to be these five players? Taylor hinted on The Drive there could me more

Comment

Working...
                                X