2020-21 Annual "Transfer" Guess-a-thon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post

Unfortunately perception does matter to a lot of people including many recruits and that matters way more than your feelings

It is also important to get commitments quickly because it is somewhat of a race to get the good ones before they commit somewhere else.
    Perception matters to the KU fans who want to take the opportunity to hit back at the WSU fans who have been talking **** about the ongoing situation at KU. I fall in none of those camps.

Perception matters to the recruits, sure. Their decisions aren't based entirely on perception because they have the opportunity to talk to the coaching staff and players.

Will the sheer number of transfers cost us a recruit? I’d be surprised if it wasn’t the deciding factor for at least one. However, there are plenty of players out there.

And so far to my knowledge only one of the players we’ve been listed as offering has committed so far. Doesn’t seem like the guys we’ve offered are committing to other schools left and right like you make it seem.

Comment

• Sure would be nice to just fu€king sign someone.

Comment

• Originally posted by WichitaStateGuy View Post
        Sure would be nice to just fu€king sign someone.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post
          F’ing disaster
          Wouldn’t have happened if we were in the Valley, amirite?
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Wonder what Cold or the Jamar 4 President person would say about this situation...they have seemingly disappeared. They always provided interesting commentary.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Perception matters to the KU fans who want to take the opportunity to hit back at the WSU fans who have been talking **** about the ongoing situation at KU. I fall in none of those camps.

Perception matters to the recruits, sure. Their decisions aren't based entirely on perception because they have the opportunity to talk to the coaching staff and players.

Will the sheer number of transfers cost us a recruit? I’d be surprised if it wasn’t the deciding factor for at least one. However, there are plenty of players out there.

And so far to my knowledge only one of the players we’ve been listed as offering has committed so far. Doesn’t seem like the guys we’ve offered are committing to other schools left and right like you make it seem.
              What the hell do KU fans have to do with this??

Seems like your arguing over something you agree with. We need to get the best players we can as soon as we can. Really not that controversial of a statement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                Wonder what Cold or the Jamar 4 President person would say about this situation...they have seemingly disappeared. They always provided interesting commentary.
                Cold is providing plenty of interesting commentary in the off topic forums. Might as well stop following the transfer news cuz we’re all gonna die.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Waiting for Mitgaard to announce his transfer to Cleveland State and then for 1976 to announce that he’s the biggest Cleveland State fan ever.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Welp...gotta get rid of the avatar big fella. Best of luck!

Comment

What the hell do KU fans have to do with this??

Seems like your arguing over something you agree with. We need to get the best players we can as soon as we can. Really not that controversial of a statement.
                      Dude, seriously?

Your original comment which started all of this: this program needs some incoming transfer announcements quick.

If you’d said “we need some announcements quick so these people will chill the **** out.” I would have agreed.

We don’t need quick announcements. Quick announcements aren’t going to make any shots or play defense next year. We need to find the best/right guys no matter how long it takes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post

At the point there is no way to sugarcoat this situation. We look like a dumpster fire. Everyone on here knows we'd be laughing our butts off if this was happening at CU.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Dude, seriously?

Your original comment which started all of this: this program needs some incoming transfer announcements quick.

If you’d said “we need some announcements quick so these people will chill the **** out.” I would have agreed.

We don’t need quick announcements. Quick announcements aren’t going to make any shots or play defense next year. We need to find the best/right guys no matter how long it takes.
                          Wow Are you just an idiot or what?

I don't think anyone other than you would argue that this program doesn't need some positive news right now like a player commitment from one of the several we have offered.

One would assume that if we offered them, that GM thinks they can make shot and play defense.

Comment

Wow Are you just an idiot or what?

I don't think anyone other than you would argue that this program doesn't need some positive news right now like a player commitment from one of the several we have offered.

One would assume that if we offered them, that GM thinks they can make shot and play defense.
                            I will just say that I hope the coaching staff isn’t taking the approach of “just sign the kid, we need some good PR!”.

I will also say that I hope people would be able to look at the state of the world today and understand why recruiting might be moving at a different pace than normal.

Then again, asking people to be reasonable can be a lot.

Comment

• Now that Midtgaard is leaving, I guess that blows a huge, gaping hole in the "they didn't want to play team ball/bad attitudes/it's not the coaches" theory some of you guys (and Mike Kennedy of all people) have been trying to sugar coat the transfer exodus with.

This is a coaching staff issue. If they can't handle players attitudes when there is an absence of "leaders" (which is apparently the random take Mike Kennedy is taking now), then they need to reevaluate their styles and recruit players who don't need babysat by teammates.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Pickle View Post
                                What is the record for off season transfers?
                                I believe UMKC had 11 players enter the transfer portal in at the end of the 2018-19 season. I don't know if the all ended up transferring or not.

Comment

Working...
                                X