No announcement yet.

2020-21 Annual "Transfer" Guess-a-thon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know if Marshall and AM had a talk?

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Lol classic. When you meet someone from New York are you like, “hey do you know my friend Jim Smith, he’s from New York.”
      I've seen some of these guys publicly reach out to him on twitter. I think Landers Nolley did.
      The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Lol classic. When you meet someone from New York are you like, “hey do you know my friend Jim Smith, he’s from New York.”
        social media, twitter

Comment

• "a nation-leading 7 scholarshjp transfers"

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Then WSU is overpaying its basketball coach if the NIT is threshold for a good year.
            This.

Comment

• Many of you need to change your profile names to Cleopatra. Who's first.
              Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by MelvinLoudermilk View Post
                Potential transfers and high schoolers have to be thinking “wtf?”

the team was 23-8. Talk about red flags.

hope Marshall has something up his sleeve
                Just curious how many recruited 2* and above, that you have had conversations with?

Comment

If you were on Twitter for longer than five minutes you would know that Paddle Nelson is likely (certainly?) a fake account trying to stir ****.
                  You don’t say?

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

Just curious how many recruited 2* and above, that you have had conversations with?
                    I don't think it takes a rocket surgeon to see that's the case.

Marshall is going to have to be one heck of a salesman to gloss over what's happened here, especially when all he can do is talk to them on the phone. Not saying it's impossible, but it's putting WSU on the 60-yard line in a 40-yard dash against the other teams recruiting these kids.
                    The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Fyi...I have also entered the transfer portal. (Just don’t tell my boss).

Comment

• Hello Shocker fans!!!! I feel like I need to chime in on all these transfers from The Wichita State University! I don't post much but follow this sight with much joy! I attended my first Shocker basketall game at the age of 5 in 1964, and fell in love at that point. I attened regularly for the next 35 years. I have not lived in DoDah for the last 21 years but still watch as much as I can online, on TV and in person. My oldest daughter was the recipient of a full athletic scholorship at a Div. 1 university ( saved me alot of money!!!). The coach that recruited her was a true Class 1 human being. However that coach left after her Freshman year. My daughter was even selected to be on the search committee for the new head coach, and they hired the person who was her first choice. Once the new coach came with a whole different coaching style, including how they interacted with the players, it became very difficult for my daughter. She felt the new coach only beat her down and never gave her a fair shake, showed favoritism to other players, etc...(does any of this sound familiar?). It got to the point that my daughter was seriously considering transferring to even higher level programs that had shown interest in her, and she could have easily transferred. After much anguish and discussion, my daughter decided to remain at that school. She and this new coach never saw eye to eye, but in the end this coach even asked my daughter to attend their wedding a few years after she graduated. I feel that alot of these young athletes need to learn
                        that the grass is not always greener on the other side. They need to learn how to make the most out of their current situation, and most importantly, how to grow personally from there current situation. I feel Coach Marshall needs to look at his current interaction style with the players and adjust somewhat, but most of this lies with the players and there support system. A future boss will so favorites and treat you harshly at times, you must learn how to respond other than just leaving. I am, as always, excited for my Shockers future, no matter who the coach or players. The Wichita State University helped me achieve more than I ever could have dreamed, and it will help these young athletes, if they will accept the help.

Comment

• Maybe we can get some fans to transfer...
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

You would be surprised. My son plays AAU and these guys all follow each other on social media. Guys from the same state have been playing each other growing up and do know each other. It’s not equivalent to “just being from the same state” in terms of being in the same social circle.

Comment

• 1) Disaster plain and simple.

2) Mitt had to feel screwed over. He had good performances in first halves, but usually rode the pine in the second half.

3) the gymnastics fans do on this site to blame everyone except the root problem are impressive. HCGM has done wonders at WSU, but he drove the team to a dark place in year 1 of the AMERICAN. Those guys couldn’t wait to get out... Last year he lowered his expectations down the stretch and he seemed to find the balance. This year was an obvious cluster bumble. Here’s to hoping he can learn...

4) go get a bunch of juco guys and look to the future recruiting classes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Pickle View Post
                                What is the record for off season transfers?
                                The record? Don't know. I think we took the gold medal this year though. ANd since most people think positively towards setting records, I think we set the bar pretty high so we don't have to worry about anyone beating it anytime soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X