No announcement yet.

2020-21 Annual "Transfer" Guess-a-thon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If he truly didn’t say that, I would imagine there may be a libel and/or slander situation against the Sunflower?

Comment

• The Assman

Comment

• As if WSU could look any worse in this time lol. If dude just made stuff up or twisted his words... That's a big deal. Like potential removal from school type deal

​​​

Comment

• That "sports editor" from 'The Sunflower' looks about 16! Bizarre

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
            So, at worst, Markis didn't even give the interview. At best, The Sunflower hack completely misrepresented his words.
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
              If he truly didn’t say that, I would imagine there may be a libel and/or slander situation against the Sunflower?
              libel

Comment

• Originally posted by El_Wu View Post
                This is great! Wish him nothing but the best. Take that offer and run young man.

Comment

• there didn't seem to be much in that article that was too outrageous to me IF it was an actual interview that was done....i mean the headline for it is pretty sh*t stirring but what the Drama of this entire situation, it's not too shocking that that's what they went with to get the clicks. the actual quotes were just mostly things i had already been thinking lol. now if the interview never actually took place...phew boy the sunflower and that journalist in particular are in for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockinglyno View Post
                    there didn't seem to be much in that article that was too outrageous to me IF it was an actual interview that was done....i mean the headline for it is pretty sh*t stirring but what the Drama of this entire situation, it's not too shocking that that's what they went with to get the clicks. the actual quotes were just mostly things i had already been thinking lol. now if the interview never actually took place...phew boy the sunflower and that journalist in particular are in for it.
                    I’m going to guess this interview did happen and happened mostly like the article described. I wonder if Markis said it and now sees it on paper/digital form and regrets it?

Comment

• The Sunflower has a great history of reporting stories and backing them up with cold, hard facts..

lol
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Markis is even starting to backtrack on twitter from "I didn't say that" to "it got taken out of context". I'd be shocked if Markis didn't say something pretty close to verbatim to what was published.

The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
                          If he truly didn’t say that, I would imagine there may be a libel and/or slander situation against the Sunflower?
                          Pretty high bar to clear for libel. Besides, nominal damages would likely be the only thing awarded even if there was a legitimate libel cause of action (which their probably isn't considering Markis probably actually said what was printed).
                          The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

This is great! Wish him nothing but the best. Take that offer and run young man.
                            Have you noticed that a lot of offers don't seem to come down to just the player saying okay I accept. A lot of offers seem to come with conditions that make them a we'd take you if we can't find anyone better but if you want to wait around and see if, in fact, that happens then were interested in you offer.

Comment

• I truly believe Markis when he says he was misrepresented. I was interviewed during this summer by this same author during the TBT autograph signing. There were a couple of pictures of me which were correct but about 75 percent of the quotes attributed to me were not what I said. I think they were said by someone else and incorrectly attributed to me. I emailed him and left him a message and never got a reply on either. I just assumed it was because I am a nobody compared to the players and staff but I was very frustrated because it was just the principle of it all. The author is very young and if he wants to continue in journalism I felt he needed to know that it was wrong.

Here is the article if anyone is curious.

Wichita State’s alumni basketball team, the Aftershocks, hosted a meet-and-greet at WSU’s Braeburn Square for the community on Sunday. The gathering started with the team signing autographs inside Braeburn Square’s Shocker Store, and was followed afterwards with food, drinks, and games for people that wanted to brave the heat wave outdoors. Fans from all generations...
                              Last edited by RussDaBus; March 20, 2020, 08:06 PM.
                              Shocker fan since December 28th, 2005!

Comment

• I think we can at least agree with the player that The Sunflower is pretty subpar, even my student newspaper standards.
                                The Assman

Comment

Working...
                                X