2020-21 Annual "Transfer" Guess-a-thon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

1 will be the primary driver at all Sporting events this year. 3 will have very little effect as we have no idea how good the team will be. They just had a 23 win season without being able to play any postseason games. If people are jumping ship after that, they are just looking for a reason to save money and blame it on something else.
    That 23 win season means jack when a majority of players who made up that teams success is gone. WSU fans are not living in a vacuum. They understand the state of the program and the future does not look all rosy and peach.

Now if Marshall replaces them with equivalent or better players that transferred that risk is mitigated and then you would be correct. We now wait and see if Marshall has any magic. It looks like he was not able to be persuasive with Quinnipiac Kevin Marto.

Comment

• So, does Jeorge leave or do we get to keep him on this board?

Comment

• Perhaps AM has been told of a transfer that is committing that will probably keep his minutes at next to none. Then maybe his departure makes more sense? Just thinking out loud....

Comment

• I guess this means the Shocks are not going to Denmark this summer.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
            I guess this means the Shocks are not going to Denmark this summer.
            Well, Marsh did say they were "taking Midtgaard home".

He never said, they were bringing him back ;)
            The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

That 23 win season means jack when a majority of players who made up that teams success is gone. WSU fans are not living in a vacuum. They understand the state of the program and the future does not look all rosy and peach.

Now if Marshall replaces them with equivalent or better players that transferred that risk is mitigated and then you would be correct. We now wait and see if Marshall has any magic. It looks like he was not able to be persuasive with Quinnipiac Kevin Marto.
              We had a similar exodus (thought a lot due to graduations) two years ago and there was a lot of this same doom and gloom because of Austin and a couple other players transferring. We ended up having a pretty dang good year after that ... so to me .. .the state of the program is we have been in a national postseason tournament every year since 2012 (we would have been at worst NIT this year) ... That's a pretty good state.

Comment

We had a similar exodus (thought a lot due to graduations) two years ago and there was a lot of this same doom and gloom because of Austin and a couple other players transferring. We ended up having a pretty dang good year after that ... so to me .. .the state of the program is we have been in a national postseason tournament every year since 2012 (we would have been at worst NIT this year) ... That's a pretty good state.
                Every year since 2010 (or even 2009 if you count CBI)...but yeah
                78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                  Are we in Jody Adams territory yet?
                  IMO worse than the Jody Adams saga. Wichita Eagle (Paul S.) reported:

"Lehne, from Bryon, Ill., is the second player to leave the team since early December. Sophomore Jyar Francis left the team to transfer closer to her home of Hammond, La., WSU said in a news release on Dec. 8.

Adams-Birch coached into her ninth season. The Shockers won the last game she coached, 74-67 at Evansville on Jan. 15.

She took three straight Shocker teams to the NCAA Tournament, winning three Missouri Valley Conference regular-season championships and three postseason tournament championships in those seasons.

The 2014-15 Shockers went 29-5 to set the school record for victories.

She finishes with a record of 161-115 at WSU. She is first on WSU’s career wins list.

But Adams-Birch’s tenure has also been known for complaints of mistreatment from players by Adams-Birch and her coaching staff. Four players quit after the 2014-15 season, WSU’s third straight season in the NCAA Tournament.

In that spring, WSU interviewed 38 people associated with the program. After the investigation, the university and Adams-Birch had agreed on changes within the program. Among those changes, players and coaches were to work with a consultant in sports psychology, and players were to have a more open line of communication with department administrators."

Read more here: https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...#storylink=cpy

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

Every year since 2010 (or even 2009 if you count CBI)...but yeah
                    you are right .. brain fart (but i dont' count CBI)

Comment

So a good year is NIT. Gotcha.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

So a good year is NIT. Gotcha.
                        For 95% of D1 Schools ... yes it is. Very few schools never miss the tourney. Those are generally the ones that are paying their players

Comment

need to stop the bleeding
                          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

I’m sorry, but I don’t really care what the perception of the program is right now. What difference does it make? We’re going to sign X number of guys to replace the transfers. By the time the season starts again most people will have forgotten or moved on to the next thing. If we’re good it will be “wow, look at the turnover and they’re still winning.”. If we’re bad people will probably not bother to talk about us at all.

A bunch of guys transferred two weeks ago. Losing Mitgaard sucks cause I liked the kid but him being the straw the broke the camels back seems a little disingenuous.

I’m sorry, I’m just not going to lose my mind over this. There are others doing a great job of that and that’s fine!

Unfortunately perception does matter to a lot of people including many recruits and that matters way more than your feelings

It is also important to get commitments quickly because it is somewhat of a race to get the good ones before they commit somewhere else.

Comment

Taylor Eldridge
                              @tayloreldridge
                              ·
                              16h
                              Random fact: Asbjorn Midtgaard has had 33 different teammates in his three seasons at Wichita State. That number could be as many as 41 different teammates in Midtgaard's senior year if WSU has a full roster next season.

THIS WAS JUST YESTERDAY
                              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Lots of work to do. Lots of work. But it's doable. The worst part is that we were only expecting the 1 departure (GM probably was planning on more) but 1 is all we had lined up prior to all of this.

Gimme Etienne and Dennis and I'll give us a 1 in 3 shot at making the tournament next year. Get in a true PG to run the show and a big body to rebound and another shooter and we might be able to push that up to 50/50.

It sucks for continuity to have to bring in, what 7 or 8 more guys, but to me, GM can kinda go out and shop for the best available player regardless of position. So there is that. We'll see. I'm not so doom and gloom because from what I can tell, we aren't losing generational talent. No one from last year lifted my skirt every time they played. But Etienne and Dennis, to me have the most potential to be those kind of players and they're still here. So...
                                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Working...
                                X