2020-21 Annual "Transfer" Guess-a-thon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
    I wish the remaining departure(s), if any, would hurry up an announce.

That way, we can focus on the future Shockers and not be in this awkward limbo.
    Hopefully nothing catches the staff by surprise at this point. Surely they know who's in or out. I hope. Dang. Crazy world! C'mon DD. We love ya man! Give us a sign!

Comment

• Hopefully the turnover is done. 5 scholarships is plenty work to do for 3G and the staff.

Comment

• Originally posted by double dribble View Post
        I don't mean to hurt feelings but Fernandez couldn't guard me even with my hemiroids and a sprained ankle.
        ... further, Noah did this a lot:

Anyone else notice that hiccup to his game?

Comment

• Neither IPBC or MU would surprise me. Though they both have glaring weaknesses and a lot to work on, if they have the right attitude they also have potential to be very successful here. MU's scholarship offer needs to include the obligation for him to put up about a thousand free throws every day in the offseason.
          "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
            MU's scholarship offer needs to include the obligation for him to put up about a thousand free throws every day in the offseason.
            If he does that using the same form he current uses it will do more harm than good. It will just reinforce his bad form and bad results. His free throw shooting form needs to be totally broken down and rebuilt. When he can practice using good form than starting the volume shooting to create new and hopefully improved muscle memory.
            Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 17, 2020, 05:36 PM.

Comment

• I think Mo and Dex are tight. If Dex aint leaving I suspect Mo stays.
              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

If he does that using the same form hie current uses it will do more harm than good. It will just reinforce his bad form and bad results. His free throw shooting form needs to be totally broken down and rebuilt. When he can practice using good form than starting the volume shooting to create new and hopefully improved muscle memory.
                If I'm a coach anyone shooting under 65% at the stripe is going Rick Barry style. If they don't like it, what are they gonna do? Transfer?

Magic Johnson commented once that is wholly unacceptable for any player to shoot under 75%.
                Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post

If I'm a coach anyone shooting under 65% at the stripe is going Rick Barry style. If they don't like it, what are they gonna do? Transfer?
                  I can't agree that. My high school coaches during my freshman year decided to do that. It was a disaster. We ended up shooting about 10% to 15% as a team. No one could master it. There is a reason why that hasn't been widely adopted. It's kind of like throwing a knuckleball. It is a lot harder than it looks.

You could give it a try, but I wouldn't hold my breath that it will work. But who knows maybe it would work for Mo. But I wouldn't be married to that.
                  Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 17, 2020, 06:05 PM.

Comment

• There is some science behind the underhand shot:

- Fewer moving parts
                    - Lower center of gravity
                    - More consistent release
                    - Softer release
                    - More rotation
                    - More even rotation

If you can master it, it works
                    The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post

Magic Johnson commented once that is wholly unacceptable for any player to shoot under 75%.
                      Apparently that didn't apply to Wilt or Shaq.

Comment

There is some science behind the underhand shot:

- Fewer moving parts
                        - Softer release
                        - More rotation
                        - More even rotation

Absolutely agreed. We old men used to mess around with the half court shot, thinking someday we may be called on at halftime to win a car. THE MOST CONSISTENT WAY to make the shot was the underhand/Rick Barry style. Why? Well, if you lined up right, all you had to do was make it to the backboard. Much less left/right drift. I bet I shot 65% from half court that way!

Comment

There is some science behind the underhand shot:

- Fewer moving parts
                          - Softer release
                          - More rotation
                          - More even rotation

That apparently is a very BIG IF considering how very rare it is employed.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

That apparently is a very BIG IF considering how very rare it is employed.
                            Most players don't do it because they think it looks silly or makes them a wuss.

Just ask Wilt or Shaq.
                            The Assman

Comment

• Interesting podcast talking about the underhand free throw style. The podcast suggests its lack of acceptance has more to do with perception than it does with mastery.

Revisionist History is Malcolm Gladwell's journey through the overlooked and the misunderstood. Click now to listen to the Revisionist History podcast on Pushkin Industries.

Comment

• That's how I first learned to shoot FT's.
                                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                                X