2020-21 Annual "Transfer" Guess-a-thon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

Outside of those two and TE, who is already bought in, would any others be REALLY surprising?

I suppose TW would be, but I don't see him leaving.
    Would either of those 2 be surprising? They've already shown softness toward the program?

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAABound View Post

Would either of those 2 be surprising? They've already shown softness toward the program?
      That also manned up and came back.
      The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by MelvinLoudermilk View Post

you think it’s just go to be these five players? Taylor hinted on The Drive there could me more
        Per Taylor on Twitter he has no inside knowledge or hint of anymore transfers. His comment was based on the fact that four, plus Busse, transferred on day one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

That also manned up and came back.
          Yeah that's a great look

Comment

• It’s time for us to realize that HCGM’s coaching philosophy is a relic of a bygone era. Another Fred and Ron are not coming back to this program any time soon.

HCGM has shown that he does not have the ability to connect to athletes in a way that all competent college coaches can. In order to effectively run a program, the leader MUST be able to identify with these players at the INDIVIDUAL level.

HCGM’s antics on the sidelines have rubbed many the wrong way (clearly not just fans, but his players as well). Are the players really the problem, or is the coach the true culprit?

Comment

• Originally posted by ArmyShockerFan View Post
              After the 2017-18 season I was not concerned after Reaves transferred. However, I did feel that the rebuild was due to a mismanagement of classes.

After this season, I am concerned. No matter what the reason is for the transfers, this falls on Marshall.

Not surprised by ES or NF. The two that surprise me are JB and DG. JB because he seemed to be one of those players that would fit Marshal's personality...so if he is transferring that is a red flag. DG verbally committed in the spring of his sophomore year of HS. That tells me he really wanted to play at WSU, if he transferred because of playing time that concerning on his expectations and were they managed by coaching staff or the environment was not what he expected.

I won't be stressing too much until we see who Marshall can bring in from the transfer portal, HS recruits or grad transfers.

However, Marshall needs to evaluate himself. In any leadership position the leader must look at adversity and try to see what role they play. We will continue to see issues if Marshall only throws his hands up and says, "I don't know what happened, this caught me off guard." If he doesn't look inward and change a few things, just as ES needs to grow up, WSU will continue to experience chemistry problems. The difference between Marshall and ES is ES is 20 and his frontal lobe is not fully developed.

I think GM definitely has anger issues that he needs to address. I am reminded of two instances. First, the Canada trip where GM lost his cool with the referees and everyone had to hold him back. When Darral Willis held him back, I will never forget the look on his face and the anger he displayed towards his own player. It was embarrassing that a grown man could get that upset, but to react to one of your own players that way was concerning. Second, when the opposing team called a TO, AM ran on the court as a freshman to congratulate his teammates and accidentally bumped into GM' shoulder he had surgery on. GM berated AM at halfcourt in front of everyone. If he is doing these things in public, what is he doing behind closed doors?
              I say “good cop/bad cop” with no current assistant being a good cop

Comment

• Interesting first post and username...
                The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by FireGreggggMarshall View Post
                  It’s time for us to realize that HCGM’s coaching philosophy is a relic of a bygone era. Another Fred and Ron are not coming back to this program any time soon.

HCGM has shown that he does not have the ability to connect to athletes in a way that all competent college coaches can. In order to effectively run a program, the leader MUST be able to identify with these players at the INDIVIDUAL level.

HCGM’s antics on the sidelines have rubbed many the wrong way (clearly not just fans, but his players as well). Are the players really the problem, or is the coach the true culprit?
                  Troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Intellectually AWOL is not acknowledging that we got blitzed by a series of unlikely circumstances three years ago.

-The first player in WSU history left early for the NBA.
                    -One of best players and future team leaders transferred allegedly due to some bizarre circumstances that coach tried unsuccessfully to smooth over.
                    -Our prized jewel, 4* PG of the future decommited months before the season began to go to a conference rival who just happened to hire a guy he referred to as a father figure.
                    -Our version of Jaron Cumberland was denied immediate eligibility in an era where players are granted exceptions like bathroom passes. Not to mention, a year later they changed the transfer rule which would have made him immediate eligible no matter what Bob Huggins fat ass said.
                    -Every Marshall haters savior, Chris Jans, was made associate head coach at WSU only to get an offer for the NMSU job a short time later. Marshall, as with Lomax, did the right thing and sent both off with his blessing.
                    -Oh yeah, and a team who was two wins away from getting back to the NCAA tourney had their season cancelled due to one of the most insane situations many of us have ever witnessed.

Yes, we’re still trying to recover from those things. They were devastating because they all happened at once.

And yet through all that our record in the last two years is 45-23 overall, 24-12 AAC, NIT semifinal, and a we’ll never know what would have happened because of ****ing caronavirus.

So let me ask. I’ve heard that our players aren’t good enough. I’ve heard our coach sucks or is past his prime. Then how the hell did we accomplish what we have? ****ing magic?
                    Didn't Cliff Levingston leave early?
                    Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockrah View Post

Didn't Cliff Levingston leave early?
                      It would seem so. Thanks for the correction.

Comment

• Maybe we can get a few juco studs to fill some holes. It worked in the past for a two year fix. Another point guard and an athletic 4 might work one of a cle Anthony ability wouldn’t be bad

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAABound View Post
                          You all act like ES would be worse than any high caliber player from a top level program. This is an extreme example...but Kentucky sure can mold together a bunch of "me" guys into a team. If what you say is true...why can't HCGM coach different personalities?
                          If you think ES has any level of relationship to the recruits Calipari gets at UK, you are seriously delusional.

Calipari's recruits don't need to be reminded "act like you've been there before". They've been down that road for years. Those players don't seem to have a need to draw attention to themselves.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• There was a player who left the court during a game and ended up in the stands eating a hot dog in the second half. That happened during the Mike Cohen debacle during the worst decade in the history of WSU basketball.

This article has been linked before, but you have to go back to Cohen to find a player with a more destructive attitude. Got some news for you, Erik. You may have thought you were the self-appointed team leader, but when the best returning player, Dexter Dennis, who is your roommate needs some time off, that says a lot about your qualification as the team leader.

Arrogance has no role in a team sport. I believe the team would have been better had Stevenson left last year. There are a lot of perimeter players who can hit 38% overall and 30% from 3. ES got a lot of boards, but the rebounding scheme is that the bigs box out and the guards board. FVV got a lot of boards.

ES hustled and worked his butt off - when he felt like it. When he didn't feel like it, he was a liability, not a contributor. "The team is better when ES is on" was said many times. That's obvious.When the top scorer on the team goes into non-scoring mode, the team is going to lose games they shouldn't.

"The coach was mean to me after I made an ass of myself at UConn" cost the Shox a spot in the top 25 at the end of the year.

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

Damn hard to do that at this stage of the game.

Knowing how Marshall operates, he's likely to go the JuCo route, and the Recruiting Forum doesn't show activity with many JuCo prospects. My guess is we're going to get "placeholders" for two years in an effort to be relevant next year. Myother guess is that won't work.
                              There is plenty of activity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

If you think ES has any level of relationship to the recruits Calipari gets at UK, you are seriously delusional.

Calipari's recruits don't need to be reminded "act like you've been there before". They've been down that road for years. Those players don't seem to have a need to draw attention to themselves.
                                NCAABound — Did you watch the Robert Brown game?

Comment

Working...
                                X