2012 Bracket Busters Projections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Bracket Busters Projections

I started lining up the home and away teams for the Bracket Busters which will be announced on January 30. The MVC should do well in terms of TV games and will probably be featured in all of the games of importance.

MVC home teams are Bradley, Creighton, Evansville, Illinois St and Missouri St.
    Road teams are Drake, Indiana St, Northern Iowa, SIU, and Wichita State

Right now, based on the current RPIs, I have Wichita State traveling to play at Ohio U. Other options I considered were at Murray State and at Cleveland State. The Valley has a great opportunity this year to get 2-3 teams into the dance and maybe the Bracket Busters helps us get there.

site: www.MVCfans.com
    twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/MVCfans

We have a standing agreement to play Colonial Conference teams in significant years. However, even though I think this will be a significant year in the end, I am intrigued by Harvard.
    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
      We have a standing agreement to play Colonial Conference teams in significant years. However, even though I think this will be a significant year in the end, I am intrigued by Harvard.
      Are you serious? If so what defines a significant year?
      Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
        Sweet 16 = George Mason
        NIT Championship = VCU

I call those significant.
        Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Hindsight.

Comment

Sweet 16 = George Mason
            NIT Championship = VCU

I call those significant.
            Ok I am super gullible and had to make sure you were kidding. LOL

Like in @WstateU:'s photo of the monkey shooting the gun. I just wasn't sure if it was real until I took another look. No monkey would be caught on cam using a composite 9mm Glock knock-off. Monkeys only use .44 Magnums, or .445 Super Magnums if they are feeling feisty.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerEngr View Post
              Hindsight.
              Right LOL

Comment

No monkey would be caught on cam using a composite 9mm Glock knock-off. Monkeys only use .44 Magnums, or .445 Super Magnums if they are feeling feisty.
                Everybody knows that, but that's not a monkey - that's a chimpanzee. Chimpanzees sometimes go for the Saturday Night Specials. Chimpanzees are smarter than monkeys. They use cheap guns for their throw-aways if they are planning on a really short range target.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I am intrigued by Murray State. It's super early, but look at their schedule. It is not far fetched to think they may be undefeated or have just 1 upset loss by the time bracketbusters rolls around.

Comment

Originally posted by AG1219 View Post
                      I am intrigued by Murray State. It's super early, but look at their schedule. It is not far fetched to think they may be undefeated or have just 1 upset loss by the time bracketbusters rolls around.
                      So you're saying we don't want to play them?

Comment

Originally posted by martymoose View Post
                        I would take that game in a heartbeat. Undefeated equals high ranking and media darlings perhaps. Plus I would think they would be an easier game than say Harvard.

Comment

Originally posted by martymoose View Post
                          I hope we get Murray State, while they're undefeated. They've been getting a ton of exposure on Twitter.
                          ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                            I hope we get Murray State, while they're undefeated. They've been getting a ton of exposure on Twitter.
                            Plus, if we get them in BB as an undefeated or nearly undefeated team it would mean:

1. We've taken care of business in the Valley to earn what would likely be the premier BB match up.
                            2. That game would likely be for better seeding between the two teams rather than getting in the NCAA.

Lots of games to be played for both teams, though.
                            "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Harvard is not playing this season in the Sears ESPN Bracketbuster games.

Comment

Working...
                              X