No announcement yet.

Jaime Echenique--WSU Rim Protector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd go play for my national team and/or make a good living out of my talents if I were him.

Comment

I think if he had another year, he might be able to play pro here. Might have to do a 2 way but he needs more exposure like they get with a good NCAA tournament run. He's going to be close to as good as Shaq but with more height.

Comment

The biggest question during this Covid-19 situation should be...

Is Jamie going to get a Carlos O'Kellys commercial?

Comment

Originally posted by jdmee View Post
          The biggest question during this Covid-19 situation should be...

Is Jamie going to get a Carlos O'Kellys commercial?
          Double dipping could be legendary
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

He would’ve rejecting the double dip like no one in recent memory. Go Echie!
            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock View Post
              He would’ve rejecting the double dip like no one in recent memory. Go Echie!

Comment

I am surprised that a prohibition against double-dipping has not been included in the Covid-19 guidance and orders. Somebody really screwed up there.

Comment

does anybody have the recent article in the Wichita Eagle about Jaime?

Comment

Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
                    I don't know if this is what you wanted, but this is from today.

Jaime Echenique reflects on sudden ending to WSU career and his ex-teammates leaving

Comment

Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
                      #metoo
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

I don't know if this is what you wanted, but this is from today.

Jaime Echenique reflects on sudden ending to WSU career and his ex-teammates leaving
                        In the weeks since his college basketball career was abruptly ended by the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic, the bitterness has exited Jaime Echenique and been replaced by gratitude.

Instead of dwelling on that missed opportunity, Echenique has chosen to focus on what he sees as a silver lining: ending his career in front of the fans he loves at Koch Arena in dominant fashion, a 79-57 senior day whupping of Tulsa.

Echenique admits it’s been strange to watch the team disperse.

“I think for every player the situation is different,” Echenique said. “You have to go where you feel comfortable and makes you happy. It’s kind of weird seeing all those guys leaving, but I will support them no matter what. I respect their reasons for leaving the program and they will always be my brothers.

“But for me, it was an amazing two years at Wichita State. I had a great relationship with coach (Gregg) Marshall and the staff.”

With all sports on pause, Echenique is still waiting to see what comes next for him. He is in discussions with sports agents and wants to sign with someone soon. But he likely won’t know where his next destination will be for quite some time.

For now, Echenique is working out and conditioning in Phoenix. He doesn’t have access to a basketball hoop, but he is still in the weight room and running to stay in shape. He wants to be ready when a call arrives.

Kind of surprised that Jaime doesn't have access to a basketball goal.

Comment

What a perfect example of a great person. He speaks well, holds himself accountable, thanks the people around him, and shows what class is.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Not really if actually adhering to the stay at home order - that so many aren’t.

Comment

Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post

Not really if actually adhering to the stay at home order - that so many aren’t.
                              You can go outdoors. My guess is you could find an empty court in a park somewhere. But maybe not.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Not me. There are several NBA guys (Giannis comes to mind) who have stated that they don't have access at this time either.

Comment

Working...
                                X