• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taylor Eldridge
    @tayloreldridge
    ·
    40m
    Gregg Marshall said there's a debate to be had if Jaime Echenique is the most talented center he's ever had at WSU (Garrett Stutz or Shaq Morris have strong cases). "But his impact on our team is probably as good of an impact as we've had from a big guys in my 13 years."

Comment

Originally posted by RexG View Post
      Jamie is a class act - so genuine & humble, funny & positive. So pleased to see his improvements over last year.
      Last year he was limited by plantar fasciitis. Fortunately not this year. Right on all counts regarding his positive personality. Wish only the best for him in the future.

Comment

Probably not among the 5 best post players in WSU's history, but likely to be among the 5 favorite post players to have played at WSU. There have been some WSU posts with more talent and athleticism. There have been few with more heart.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Great job by the big guy. Wish we had him for one more, but ahh life goes on. Looking forward to Jamie having a good tournament. He’ll just lead us to the title Jamie

Comment

Comment

Honestly if Jaime doesn't make at least 2nd team all conference, it's a damn shame. What he does on both ends is massive. I would love to see what the on/off defensive rating is for Jaime. He averaged 12.1 and 7.9 with almost a steal and 1.8 blocks per game in conference play. Absolutely outstanding. His first 4 minutes yesterday, defensively were absurd and set the tone for the game with 2 blocks and 2 steals.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockCrazy View Post
                Honestly if Jaime doesn't make at least 2nd team all conference, it's a damn shame. What he does on both ends is massive. I would love to see what the on/off defensive rating is for Jaime. He averaged 12.1 and 7.9 with almost a steal and 1.8 blocks per game in conference play. Absolutely outstanding. His first 4 minutes yesterday, defensively were absurd and set the tone for the game with 2 blocks and 2 steals.
                Here's a look at advanced metrics. Our efficiency margin is .11 PPP better with him on the floor, and our offense really suffers without him.

echenique.jpg
                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Here's a look at advanced metrics. Our efficiency margin is .11 PPP better with him on the floor, and our offense really suffers without him.

echenique.jpg
                  I knew he helped the offense, but that's a massive difference. Also surprised the defensive gap is so small. Regardless it shows how important he is to our success. Where are those numbers from?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockCrazy View Post

I knew he helped the offense, but that's a massive difference. Also surprised the defensive gap is so small. Regardless it shows how important he is to our success. Where are those numbers from?
                    https://hoop-explorer.com

Really good for overall team efficiency analysis and lineup analysis.
                    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Congrats to Jaime for earning 2nd Team All Conference!

Comment

Wichita State senior Jaime Echenique was named to the American Athletic Conference Second Team All-Conference team on Tuesday afternoon. Echenique is currently the Shockers’ leading scorer, averaging 11.3 points per game. He also leads the team in rebounding (7.1 rpg) and blocks (43 total). As for the Colombian’s league standing, Echenique ranks No. 4 in...

Comment

Taylor Eldridge
                          @tayloreldridge
                          ·
                          1h
                          Would Boatright be in favor for special waivers for basketball seniors like Jaime Echenique? "I'd be in favor of whatever is right for the kids. Their championships have been taken away for reasons that they cannot control. I trust the NCAA will make the appropriate decision."

Comment

Comment

It really sucks, after knowing he was willing and wanting to red-shirt this season to fulfill his dream.

Just hurts to think about how he’s feeling.
                              The Assman

Comment

I'd say it's 50-50 that the NCAA does something

Comment

Working...
                                X