Jaime Echenique--WSU Rim Protector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jaime Echenique--WSU Rim Protector

Wanted a new thread on JE, our only Senior this Season. His inside presence his 2 Seasons here have been huge. He missed around 4 games early on this Season with an injury. His stamina seems better this Season which has allowed Coach to play him more minutes, especially lately. His FT % has improved from .649 last Season to .785 so far this Season. Last Season in 37 games he had 13 assists and has 14 in 24 games this Season. Jaime leads our squad this Season in blocks (by far) with 36, total rebounds and rebounds per game. JE attracts lots of special attention from our foes. What a solid leader he has been for us this Season. He is one player when he comes out to rest in the big games, I'm wanting him right back in. Coach Marshall has really complimented Jaime as a foundation type corner stone for our beloved Shocks this Season. No doubt on Senior night, he will feel the love Shocker fans have for the wonderful contributions he has done for the Shocker Program in his 2 years with us.

If there could be some way the Shocks can keep winning and get in this Dance this Season, that would fulfill a huge dream for JE. No matter what happens, we know JE will give his all with his very best efforts. In the scheme of things in a team sport, that's all we can do. John Wooden once said: "Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man given. Be grateful. Conceit is self given. Be careful." JE will never be forgotten as a beloved Shocker and we appreciate all he has done and will do when his Shocker trek is over. We wish our best rebounder and rim protector this Season the very best, all the days of his life. God bless Jaime Echenique.
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

FSF, you never fail to amaze me with your outstanding Posts. Always positive, always on point, and always superbly written.

Comment

Great post FSF! He’s just a really great kid too.

Comment

Yes. Yes. Yes.

Comment

I sure do hope his mom and dad are able to be here for Senior Night. When I think about it being five years since he has seen them, it makes me all weepy.

Comment

Great post! JE will be one of my favorite Shockers no doubt.

Comment

So far so good for the JE watch. He scored only 7 today but 13 rb's and 4 blocks!!! JE is our Shocker rim protector, leads our team also in double/doubles even though he did not get one today. So far so good. Just keep winning Shocks!!!!!!!!!!!
              Last edited by forevershockerfan; March 1, 2020, 05:15 PM.

Comment

2nd best JUCO player of the Marshall era.

Wish we could have seen him for all 4 years.
                The Assman

Comment

Today is JE last Official regular Season home game as a Shocker. Shocker fans will give him some deserved love. A win today by our beloved Shocks and being led with a stellar game by JE would be grand. Inside and then out will be one key to beating these Hurricanes who got a rare win versus a Marshall team barely in Tulsa. No sweeping allowed!!!!!!!!!!! GO Shocks and JE.

Comment

No way Ech. or the Shocks to allow a Tulsa win in our barn on Senior day. A solid day at the office for Ech. with 13 pts. and 7 rebounds in a 22 point Shocker wictory.

Comment

Jamie Echenique - Last Game at WSU.JPG

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                        You got to give him credit. The boy has style. No doubt he loves the shocks just like the rest of us do.

Comment

TY "The Shocktocles". That scene we will never forget. JE will graduate, play some more games this Season, and has a definite future making some money playing a game he loves. He will just keep getting better.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                            I wonder why they don't do that in ice hockey.

Comment

Jamie is a class act - so genuine & humble, funny & positive. So pleased to see his improvements over last year.

Comment

Working...
                              X