Jaime Echenique--WSU Rim Protector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

You can go outdoors. My guess is you could find an empty court in a park somewhere. But maybe not.
    I think it was in Philly that all the rims were taken off the playground backboards to prevent people from using the courts. NYC closed all its outdoor courts. It's hard to maintain social distance while playing basketball.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

In the Atlanta area all the parks I have seen (admittedly not many) have yellow caution tape around the entrance.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post

I think it was in Philly that all the rims were taken off the playground backboards to prevent people from using the courts. NYC closed all its outdoor courts. It's hard to maintain social distance while playing basketball.
        I suppose my comment was from my own experiences in Wichita where when I was youngster and a teenager I practice far mare hours alone than I ever did in an organized group setting. My grandson has been working on his shooting and ballhandling solo during the current situation. Maybe it is difficult in Philly and NYC although I think Jaime is in Phoenix.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
            It's hard to believe that we had some players with so much class and some with so little on the team last year. It's not surprising that they didn't always agree with others on the team and the coaching staff.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

More from Taylor Rocha's interview with Jaime. I really love the attention she's giving the Shox. Been impressed with her coverage!

Comment

Comment

Comment

Echenique Becomes 37th Marshall Era Pro - GoSchockers.com
                    8/12/2020 11:53:00 AM

https://goshockers.com/news/2020/8/1...l-era-pro.aspx

"Former Wichita State center Jaime Echenique will spend the 2020-21 season in Spain after signing his first professional contract.

Echenique's new club, Delteco Gipuzkoa Basket, was recently promoted to Spain's top division, Liga ACB.

The 6-foot-11 center was the Shockers' leading scorer, rebounder and shot-blocker in 2019-20, earning second team all-conference status.

Echenique becomes the 37thGregg Marshall Era Shocker to sign a professional contract. He's one of at least three slated to compete in Liga ACB this year. Conner Frankamp (2015-18) recently signed with UCAM Muricia and Gal Mekel (2006-08) will play for Unicaja Malaga...."

Comment

This is great news for JE. I think he will do very well at this level.
                      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

This is a difficult professional year for guys like Jamie. GM said he was a borderline NBA player. In a usual year, he could give the G/NBA Leagues a shot to see if he can make it. But this year, they had no draft yet (he wouldn't have been drafted, but he would have been seen against other borderline NBA players), and no G League. He was almost forced to go overseas and not have a chance to bet on himself. I hope he burns up his league and maybe the NBA will give him a shot yet.

Comment

Going to the top Spanish league gives him some chance. I think a number of nba players came from it.

Comment

Still protecting!

Comment

Working...
                            X