Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

• I’m sure Michigan State fans are calling for head along with Selfs up in Lawrence...

Comment

• Izzo’s head lol, of course they maybe calling for head also

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
          What I think is so hilarious is that they keep saying the AAC sucks...but if you have a losing record in a league that sucks, what does that make you? But next year they are going to kill it in the Big East.

They even make the comment, congratulation you beat a team that lost to USF by 15.

Comment

• Saw a lot of of good things! We sure tried to give it away late though. Ft's better, turnovers not so good. Dex looking more confident! Any road win is a very good win!
            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Dexter’s play was almost as good as getting the win for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                I’ve had some time to think about the foul or not question. While I still agree we should’ve fouled, the most probable worst case scenario if we don’t is we go to OT. If we do foul, they go to the line with say five seconds left (probably about when we would’ve fouled).
                They make both.
                We still have to get the ball inbounds and with refs letting them get away with all types of contact it is a realistic scenario they steal the ball and score, it would actually be possible to lose the game. The other bad play that could transpire is the make the first free throw, miss the second and the ball gets batted out for a three attempt, another way to lose. We could get pushed out of position to get the rebound (no call) and then we allow a tip out, not probable but still a way to lose.

Still the high pct play to foul but given the game circumstances, our coach knowing our team better than anyone on this board, and the amount of time we would probably still have on the clock when we fouled, it is not as cut and dried as it sounds.
                I generally agree with this thought. I was fine with taking the chance of letting a guy who had not made a three all season take one (albeit uncontested). But I think that generally, fouling up three is the best strategy.

In this instance, our guards were not handling the pressure, and the officials were letting UConn get away with murder, so it would have been awful to foul up three, they make both, then we piss our pants or get hacked and get the ball stolen. On the play where Erik called timeout, Sherfield was fouled two or three times before losing the ball. Then Hurley and the crowd lost their ever-loving minds because Erik got the TO.

Fortunately, we won, so it doesn't matter.
                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Anyone notice Pete Gillen suggesting the Shockers call time out at least 15 times throughout the game? I think I’ll stick with GGG

Comment

• This NBA study found 20% chance of game being tied by not fouling and around 5% chance if a team fouls
                    NBA analyst Adrian Lawhorn examines optimal defensive strategy in the last seconds of a game when you have a three point lead.

Comment

• Pete Gillen is still the worst basketball announcer I've ever listened to. Steve Lappas isn't much better. I'll give them somewhat of a pass because the announcers tend to highlight the home team, but regardless of that, they're just bad. The Coaches' Clinic promotion was a total dud.
                      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                        perhaps?
                        Yes perhaps pin. I wasn’t there and didn’t witness it and I doubt if you did either. Therefore, perhaps is exactly the word I meant and I’ll certainly give ES the benefit of the doubt over the Boneyard.

Comment

• Oh, you mean perhaps if it happened. OK

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                            I don’t want my doctor to know what my blood pressure was today.

Why in the hell do you NOT foul up 3 in the situation we were in???? I don’t make $3.5 million per year but I can’t believe that decision. At the worst the other team scores two and you get the ball back, and they foul you.

Well, now the freshmen know how hard it is to win a conference game on the road.

I hope our fans understand how instrumental UConn was to us joining the AAC. No bad blood from me.
                            Maybe they can take Wichita State with them to the new Big East.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

sounds

Sounds like they hate everything about him, including his haircut.

Comment

• After watching the replay:

This was the worst announcing / production I've ever seen in my 59 years.

The Zebras were subpar and partial to UCONN - probably because of UCONN"s whiney ass coach

That last minute of regulation was U.G.L.Y. but we appeared to be getting pushed - shoved - undercut - moving screens even more than we were during the game. It's a difficult game without the ref's deciding to swallow their whistles so the home team can make a comeback

Danny Hurley - I would be embarrassed if I were a UCONN fan. I'm glad UCONN and their whiney ass coach are gonzo. Welcome to the bottom of the BE

To say Hurley outcoached Marshall is laughable. that had to be a joke ….

Lappas and Gillen - I hope they never do another WSU game....those guys were openly rooting for UCONN. #ASSCLOWNS

Glad to have Dex back

ETN gets it. GS will be great someday. Noah still has some work to do but he's getting there

I'm done --- Bring on Temple
                                Last edited by moshock; January 12, 2020, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X