Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #ROADGAMESAREHARD #DANNYHURLEYISALITTLEBITCH

Comment

• I guess I'm a homer, but it seemed that we fouled everytime they drove to the basket, and that we got hammered on every drive, usually with no call

Comment

• Players also have to take some responsibility for blowing a 9 point lead with 72 seconds left

Comment

• This was another game we won because we have better talent.

Dan Hurley makes Gregg Marshall look like Mister Rogers. He will b*tch about anything and everything. Same goes for the crowd. There was a decent amount of booing in Koch on Thursday, but nothing compared to the crowd in Hartford. And they actually got a much better whistle today than we did on Thursday.

The officiating in this game was reminiscent of the 15-16 game at Seton Hall and the 12-13 game at Tennessee. Absolute ineptitude and a million makeup calls because of it.

Grant struggled a lot more than usual, but his talent shone through. He can do so much with the ball in his hand and is a wizard in the half court. He struggled against the press today, but everyone did. He’s still the guy I’m most comfortable with handling the ball.

Erik struggled decision making, but again, everyone did today.

Jaime is so good and so valuable. I wish we had him for another season. Marshall does not trust Midtgaard or Poor Bear at this time.

We crash the boards with reckless abandon and get so many additional possessions because of it.

Oh yeah, I think Dex is back.

Happy trails, UConn.
          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Singeril View Post
            Oh, my goodness. What a game. Frustrating. Turnovers. GS learned a ton. And it the most obnoxiously announced game I’ve ever heard. Way to go Shox.
            THIS! Those were about the most biased announcers that I have ever heard and don't get me started on the refs. I am very happy our guys played tough in the OT and managed to pull out the win with E and ES on the bench. This game should be a good learning experience for our young team. Also great to see the old Dex back!

Comment

• Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post

he thinks hes on the Globetrotters? When did he say this?
              Haha, never said it, but him dribbling around the whole court with the three UCONN players chasing him sure looks like it.

Comment

• Agree, kudos to Dex, hopefully this is a sign of things to come

Comment

• Originally posted by moshock View Post
                  [#DANNYHURLEYISALITTLEBITCH [/B]
                  FIFY

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackmag View Post
                    Players also have to take some responsibility for blowing a 9 point lead with 72 seconds left
                    I normally agree with this. But Marshall could have done a lot to help with this. Time outs....substitution....etc.

Today wasnt Marshalls best days. Especially at the end of regulation.

He is human. It happens.
                    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Oh yeah, and how does coach Hurley not ever get a T in that game, he was throwing fits like a spoiled child and yelling "that call is BS" (I could read his lips).

Comment

• Think Grant caught that freshmanitis bug from Lomax earlier in the week. Hope he gets some rest and recovers.

Good win. Big character builder. Lots of lessons today for a young team and veteran coach...without having to take the usual "L" that come with such lessons.

Good to see Dex regaining some of his confidence. It's all between his ears and every positive thing he does will be returned in multiples as the year goes on.

Everyone please partake of your de-stresser of choice. On to the next one!

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
                          OK, here was marshals explanation for not fouling: we had multiple players on the court with four fouls and after defensive switches, guys on the ball had four fouls and I guess he didn’t want to give up the foul for a player. Still though, I would’ve given the player up or he could’ve chose to make a substitution.
                          Did one of his assistants explain to him that odds are (probably 90% or better) that it won't matter because the game will end a few seconds later with WSU on the right side of the score?

Comment

• just another classic - how tough are the Shox to have to battle thru "all of that" and extend the win streak.
                            This team has a lot of big dogs !!!!!
                            For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
                            - said no one ever...

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

I normally agree with this. But Marshall could have done a lot to help with this. Time outs....substitution....etc.

Today wasnt Marshalls best days. Especially at the end of regulation.

He is human. It happens.
                              I agree with you. I thought Marshall liked saving timeouts for situations like the last 72 seconds. Now I am not sure why he saves them. Does he think he is going to earn some S&H green stamps or something for unused TOs?

Comment

• So many criticisms could be made about how we handled the final minute. We made every bad decision possible to lose the game, from players to coaches. At the end of the day, I’m glad we came out with the W and am glad we’re bring in’ Dexie back.

Comment

Working...
                                X