X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice post Aargh

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
      I have commitments on Tuesday and Thursday evenings, so I'm not able to watch the Shox live or participate in the in-game discussions.

It approaches disgusting to read the in-game comments that are incredibly negative to Shox players when the Shox are in the process of beating a top-25 team..

There's something like 4 pages of posts about how bad Burton is, when he turns out to be the player of the game. There are several pages worth of posts on how bad Midtgaard is, when he's the only option left after Echenique and Udeze both have 2 fouls in the first half.

There are several pages worth of posts about how the Shox have no offense and repeated bad possessions.

All this was going on when the Shox were basically manhandling a top-25 team. If the Shox had overcome 1/2 - or even 1/4 - of the things they were criticized for in this thread, they would have blown out a top-25 team by 30 points.

I can handle fan disappointment at not realizing unrealistic fan expectations. I have a little more problem handling fan criticism when the Shox are beating a top-25 team. Top-25 teams are in that category because they are able to make your team look bad. When your team looks better than that team is not a time to criticize your team's players.
      Don’t read the threads then.

Everything becomes easier to criticize and hindsight is 20/20 24 hours after a game ends. I’m sure it’s much easier watching a game after you know what the final result ultimately is.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by bighouse View Post

My guess would be he was irritated with Penny for not being out of the locker room timely to do his post game media. The Memphis paper reported 3G said something to the effect of “Penny is nowhere to be found” so went first with the media questions. I guess it is traditionally the loosing coach who address the media first. Anyway, the Memphis paper wanted to make a big deal of the comment, so it could have just been his irritation with waiting on Penny, idk. We all know the rules don’t apply to .01
        Makes more sense.

Sounds like Penny felt “intimidated” to answer questions after the L.

Not surprised at all that the playgrounders of the Memphis “media” tried to make it a big deal. They need to get out more.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post

Funny, Erik says the same type of things 3G foes; one you dislike and one you admire. Mind boggling!
          I dislike GM? Where did I say that?
          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• After adjusting my 20-20 hindsight glasses, the JB finger roll play was definitely FredVanVleet-like.
            It was a "Oh, you're not going to play defense? Don't mind if I do." bucket.
            giFworthiness=12
            For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
            - said no one ever...

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxilla View Post
              After adjusting my 20-20 hindsight glasses, the JB finger roll play was definitely FredVanVleet-like.
              It was a "Oh, you're not going to play defense? Don't mind if I do." bucket.
              giFworthiness=12
              I'll gladly take 6'5 Burton being guarded by 5'2 Harris (with 4 fouls) every game

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I'll gladly take 6'5 Burton being guarded by 5'2 Harris (with 4 fouls) every game
                He'll be 6'7" by the time I start telling my grandkids about him.
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

He'll be 6'7" by the time I start telling my grandkids about him.
                  Burton or Harris? If it is Harris he has already on his way. According to the Memphis roster he has already shot up 7 inches to 5-9.

Comment

• All players have their weaknesses. People that don’t see them are blinded by loving their strengths. Unfortunately the exact opposite is true as well. Any given play of any game can be hyper analyzed to make the posters opinion seem correct.

Really you need to look at a 5-10-15 game trend to make your case either way, not one game or one half. That’s where it bogs down a game thread. Then you get camps started which bogs it down even more. I’m not calling out my man ShockerFever specifically because almost everyone does it.

Griping about players strengths and weaknesses is perfectly fine but man, I wish it was done somewhere other than game threads.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                      All players have their weaknesses. People that don’t see them are blinded by loving their strengths. Unfortunately the exact opposite is true as well. Any given play of any game can be hyper analyzed to make the posters opinion seem correct.

Really you need to look at a 5-10-15 game trend to make your case either way, not one game or one half. That’s where it bogs down a game thread. Then you get camps started which bogs it down even more. I’m not calling out my man ShockerFever specifically because almost everyone does it.

Griping about players strengths and weaknesses is perfectly fine but man, I wish it was done somewhere other than game threads.
                      Great post.

I would hope most of us can agree that it would be useful for Burton to turn the ball over a little less and shoot a better percentage from the free throw line. Those aren't bad observations.

I would also hope that most of us can agree Burton is a huge part of what has made this a Top 20 team, so he must be doing an awful lot of things right as well, and certainly more than breaking even with the turnovers and ft%.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                        All players have their weaknesses. People that don’t see them are blinded by loving their strengths.
                        Oh really? Name Tekele Cotton's.

Q.E.D.
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Oh really? Name Tekele Cotton's.

Q.E.D.
                          Touche.

Comment

• Originally posted by Napoleon Dynamite View Post

Maybe someone stole his postgame chicken nachos with jalapenos and that put him in a fowl mood.
                            Nah.

I think WstateU nailed it...

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

Touche.
                              What did you call him?

Comment

• I don't know if this intro video from January 9th has been posted anywhere else on ShockerNet.

Comment

Working...
                                X