• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
    GOTTA BE OUR BEST HYPE VIDEO YET!!!

That ending was FUNNY! Flex it Erik.

Comment

• Originally posted by Napoleon Dynamite View Post

Maybe someone stole his postgame chicken nachos with jalapenos and that put him in a fowl mood.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

I care if the other team's players are allowed to argue with the refs and ours are not. That's a problem.

Gray-haired fellow last night had serious problems with WSU from before the tip. Put the ball down and started counting more than once, called a delay of game for no reason, sought out a T for no reason. Somehow had no problem with allowing Memphis 3 minutes to switch lane assignments and sub before every free throw, nor was he in such a hurry to give us the ball when Memphis didn't have their press set yet.
        Notwitstanding all of the talk by players to the refs, only one player was called for a technical last night. That player was Tre Wade. Not only did he say the wrong thing to ref but his whole approach to the ref was wrong. It was confrontational. It was so bad , that Tyson E. tried to restrain Wade. Go back and look at the game. Even the announcers made comment on how Wade approached the ref. It is too bad Tre could not show the same maturity as his freshman teammate. I hope he learns. The shocks have a big game coming up against UCONN and the players need to show more discipline than what Wade showed in this situation.

Comment

• I agree Tre could have handled it better but so could the official. Quick tech. , could have been a game changer. Players need to realize the refs aren’t changing the call no matter how bad it was. Sunday’s a big game, will need to keep negative emotions in check...

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
            Just watching the replay...if anyone is still selling Jamarius Burton stock, I’m buying all I can.
            Did you skip the first half?

Look, it seems like I'm dragging him down. I'm not. I'm just saying he has just as many warts as strengths. He had a BAD first half. He had a GREAT second half. That comes off as a net zero. Now, I'll give him more than that because he made some crazyass shots and helped extend the lead in some key situations. But it does get a little annoying how some people just go silent when he's bad and then come back to crow on people when he's doing good.

Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

Notwitstanding all of the talk by players to the refs, only one player was called for a technical last night. That player was Tre Wade. Not only did he say the wrong thing to ref but his whole approach to the ref was wrong. It was confrontational. It was so bad , that Tyson E. tried to restrain Wade. Go back and look at the game. Even the announcers made comment on how Wade approached the ref. It is too bad Tre could not show the same maturity as his freshman teammate. I hope he learns. The shocks have a big game coming up against UCONN and the players need to show more discipline than what Wade showed in this situation.
              I think YOU need to rewatch it. Nothing about it was confrontational. Ref should be suspended or fired if he can't handle a player walking towards him to ask for an explanation

Comment

• Wade complains a lot but that official is POS joke. He needs to Ed Hightower it on outta here.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

Agree to disagree. Like in Rome.

Comment

• Not worth a T. Not at all. Yeah, Coach was very short in the interview

Comment

• Yo, it's "Trey".
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Look, it seems like I'm dragging him down. I'm not. I'm just saying he has just as many warts as strengths. He had a BAD first half. He had a GREAT second half. That comes off as a net zero. Now, I'll give him more than that because he made some crazyass shots and helped extend the lead in some key situations. But it does get a little annoying how some people just go silent when he's bad and then come back to crow on people when he's doing good.
                        Yes. I watched the whole game. He definitely made some bonehead plays, as did several other guys. Even with those mistakes or bad decisions or whatever you want to call them, he still played damn hard and was a grown man on the floor compared to some 4-5* guys on the other team. If that first half is his floor, and the second half is his ceiling, I’ll take it EVERY time, so yes, I’m buying all the JB stock I can. And for the record I wasn’t crowing on anybody, just making my own observation. I love the bully ball he plays. Reminds me of Malcom Armstud.
                        "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

ShockerFever , I've probably beat JB's drum as much as anyone, but I thought he did have at least 2-3 ill advised shots/plays in the 1st half and probably 1 in the second that led to clankers/turnovers. While he did have the most turnovers on the team, I'm hard pressed to say anyone else on the team clearly outplayed him overall. Only player to shoot over 50% from the field, scored the most points, had the most assists (even if it was just 3), had a couple of steals, and 3 rebounds. Maybe it's just that he's been playing so well with a lot of confidence that when he doesn't on a possession, it just sticks out more than others. He and ES's leadership on this team is invaluable.

Comment

• I have commitments on Tuesday and Thursday evenings, so I'm not able to watch the Shox live or participate in the in-game discussions.

It approaches disgusting to read the in-game comments that are incredibly negative to Shox players when the Shox are in the process of beating a top-25 team..

There's something like 4 pages of posts about how bad Burton is, when he turns out to be the player of the game. There are several pages worth of posts on how bad Midtgaard is, when he's the only option left after Echenique and Udeze both have 2 fouls in the first half.

There are several pages worth of posts about how the Shox have no offense and repeated bad possessions.

All this was going on when the Shox were basically manhandling a top-25 team. If the Shox had overcome 1/2 - or even 1/4 - of the things they were criticized for in this thread, they would have blown out a top-25 team by 30 points.

I can handle fan disappointment at not realizing unrealistic fan expectations. I have a little more problem handling fan criticism when the Shox are beating a top-25 team. Top-25 teams are in that category because they are able to make your team look bad. When your team looks better than that team is not a time to criticize your team's players.

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Compared to a lot of his other conferences after wins, or even more specifically "big wins", he seemed more annoyed or "off". Maybe someone looked at him wrong in the hallway and asked him about free throws.
                              My guess would be he was irritated with Penny for not being out of the locker room timely to do his post game media. The Memphis paper reported 3G said something to the effect of “Penny is nowhere to be found” so went first with the media questions. I guess it is traditionally the loosing coach who address the media first. Anyway, the Memphis paper wanted to make a big deal of the comment, so it could have just been his irritation with waiting on Penny, idk. We all know the rules don’t apply to .01

Comment

• Originally posted by bighouse View Post

My guess would be he was irritated with Penny for not being out of the locker room timely to do his post game media. The Memphis paper reported 3G said something to the effect of “Penny is nowhere to be found” so went first with the media questions. I guess it is traditionally the loosing coach who address the media first. Anyway, the Memphis paper wanted to make a big deal of the comment, so it could have just been his irritation with waiting on Penny, idk. We all know the rules don’t apply to .01
                                Thanks, that provides some context. Still weird.
                                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Working...
                                X