No announcement yet.

Wichita State (#23) vs Memphis (#21) Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i saw that pesik on the csnbbs board said that wsu has their team set for the next three years.

no, it's only going to get better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post
      Since we're being preemptive... OMG did you see that dunk from DD!?
      Welp.

Comment

• Losing Echenique will hurt, but Udeze will be very good and we get to bring in Bilau. I expect Poor Bear to make big strides as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1989 View Post
          Does Penny even coach? During that last time out he was just sitting there with his clip board? Two coaches and a player were talking in the huddle but Penny didn’t say a word.
          nm
          Last edited by 1979Shocker; January 9, 2020, 09:06 PM.

Comment

• It sucks Memphis will probably drop from top 25. I do think they are really good. They pretty much took away everything inside.

Our defense and reboundong was fantastic and we made enough shots when we needed it.
            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Keep reminding myself how young our guards are. Echenigue really didn’t play great, he needs to find a way to stay on the court. Udeze is high energy and really adds a nice one-two punch at the post. Udeze needs to get better at the line(4) straight misses. That’s going to burn us down the road. Mitguard and Poor Bear need to find a way not to be a negative when there in. But I love the grit and tenacity of this team. The defense is definitely back. Great win, let’s take it on the road baby!

Comment

• I think Poor Bear is more effective as a 4. If he had any kind of shot whatsoever, he could be a difference maker for us with his size.

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAABound View Post

8 pts and 8 reb is a solid game no matter what
                  We needed of of those points,too.

Comment

• They can keep Lomax...I will take JB any day.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1989 View Post
                      Does Penny even coach? During that last time out he was just sitting there with his clip board? Two coaches and a player were talking in the huddle but Penny didn’t say a word.
                      Penny is probably smart enough to know what his strengths (recruiting) and weaknesses (X's & O's) as a coach are and when to defer to his assistants.

Comment

• I just want to mention that we beat the spread.
                        "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• This game shows why the number of stars by their name in high school doesnt mean a whole lot at the end of the day.

Still gotta coach them up.

Precious is pretty good though!
                          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

We needed of of those points,too.
                            And in the second half, Dexter looked like his old self. He just seemed more comfortable.That gives me hope.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arizona Shocker View Post
                              They can keep Lomax...I will take JB any day.
                              Unless a guard is FVV I don't want 5'10" 150lb dudes on my team. JB was too much man for Harris and Lomax.
                              Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
                                Precious is pretty good though!
                                Indeed he is. Really good motor to go along with his athleticism and skillz.

Comment

Working...
                                X