No announcement yet.

Wichita State (#23) vs Memphis (#21) Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Precious is really good. He’ll be gone next year though, before he really has a chance to do anything meaningful for Memphis. This is why I never want to sign a one and done.

Comment

• Memphis vs Wichita State Highlights

Last edited by 1979Shocker; January 10, 2020, 12:00 AM.

Comment

• Men's Basketball Postgame: Gregg Marshall vs. Memphis 1-9-2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackmag View Post
          These announcers are annoying. Young Memphis, how bout young WSU
          This was the worst part of their game call. Certainly gave a lot of love to Marshall, the program and the fans, repeatedly talking about one of the best college BB atmospheres in the country. But just totally gushed all over Memphis and yet commented they weren’t a top 25 tea without recognizing that the Shox had a lot to do with that loss. Someone predicted that in the pregame discussion.

Doesn’t matter, we’re 14-1 and 2-0 folks! Let’s get a W at UCan’t!

Comment

• Based on what I saw from Dennis in the second half tonight, I am removing any ceiling from this team.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Indeed he is. Really good motor to go along with his athleticism and skillz.
              Yeap totally agree. But you know what I think we got somebody on our team with that same kind of athleticism in J. Bilaui. I really see that in him when I look at his video. And I just remember how he went after the rebounds in that exhibition game. Yet, I try to contain myself when I think about his potential, but sometimes I fail. Hope he gets better during this redshirt year. We got some Dudes on this team.

Comment

• Men's Basketball Postgame: Jamarius Burton vs. Memphis 1-9-2020

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                  So, Is the basketball world believers now??
                  Probably not

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post

Unless a guard is FVV I don't want 5'10" 150lb dudes on my team. JB was too much man for Harris and Lomax.
                    I was shocked (again) at the size of Harris. Dude is legit tiny. GS towered over him in height and bulk, and he’s really a fairly average size PG. Dude can ball though. Meh on Lomax. Good luck to him in life - no hard feelings - but we’ve got a couple guys I wouldn’t trade for him at the same position.

Comment

• What was up with all the hype on the Memphis press. It was nothing compared to VCU, or even Ole Miss for that matter. Our guards are superior to the Memphis guards, that’s for sure.

Comment

• Precious seemed like a decent dude. Saw him in the handshake line making a point to basically hug and talk a little to most everyone in the que.

Comment

• Did Penny promise starting spots to the hot-shot frosh guards? Cause his soph guards are so much better it's silly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                            What was up with all the hype on the Memphis press. It was nothing compared to VCU, or even Ole Miss for that matter. Our guards are superior to the Memphis guards, that’s for sure.
                            Yeah I was really unimpressed. If it wasnt for their length down low, they would be very average.

Comment

• Never fear, Bully Ball Burton and ES were here and DD was back with 8 and 8. No penny for the Tiger's Precious thoughts or schemes tonight. This here Is SHOCKER COUNTRY BAY-BAY!! Eight Shockers had 6 or more points and our beloved Shocks active D. resulted in 4 more steals than they had and 8 less turnovers. ES played a smooth game and made a key pass inside to JE later in the game that we really needed. TE had 11 pts. and Sherfield had 9 and they both had 4 rbs. Not bad for Freshmen against the mighty Tigers who are picked to win the mighty AAC. We missed too many throws, but so did they. PA will prolly be one and done. I actually was slightly more impressed with J. Gardner with E. Carolina, but both are solid.

This win sent notice the still young Shocks are talented and will make plenty of noise in the AAC. We have balanced scoring . The Tigers watched ES close, but he just went with the flow and did not force the issue. Both JB and ES are very improved and playing well for us. The 8 players for the Shocks that all scored 6 or more tonight are the very ones that will be hard for our foes to contain. 14-1 has exceeded my expectations as the Shocks will keep scratching and clawing against tigers, cougars, owls and other foes that will be on their agenda. It is so key to have DD back. Somehow, someway we hope JE will foul less and play more. If that happens, watch out. MO played solid with his 6 points and 7 rebounds. DD led our squad with 8 huge boards.

Now tonight was a "black out" game that reminded me of our Creighton win many moons ago. Both were oodles of fun and very enjoyable to relish as Shocker zealots. The Shocks are very, very good at home and look for them to play solid and play angry on the road too.
                              Last edited by forevershockerfan; January 9, 2020, 10:00 PM.
                              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Love listening to Jamarius being interviewed, the dude is a natural and a professional.

Comment

Working...
                                X