No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs Ole Miss Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As someone posted early in the game this was a man's game. Ole Miss has in impressive stable of long, athletic players. So far this year Ole Miss has been a pretty good offensive team. I thought it was very impressive for the Shocks to hold Ole Miss to 54 points. As has already been pointed out the Shocks out-pointed Ole Miss 20-1 on points off turnovers. They also outrebounded the athletic and physical Rebs 38-30 with Erik, Trey, Jaime and Mo each grabbing 6 rebounds and Jamarius and Grant securing 5 rebounds each.

And the obvious offensive stars for the Shocks were Erik and Jamarius.

Another positive step for the Shocks and a good way to start the current tough 5 game stretch.

Interesting half time promo. Buffalo Wild Wings hot wings eating contest. Glad to see they had a trash can handy.

Comment

• Comment

• I did not get to go to the game, because I had to work (my very loud brother-in-law was in my seat). My husband was telling me about the technical on Mississippi’s coach. Said he was barking at HCGM and making lots of hand gestures in Coach’s direction. And then the referee came over, and he continued, so he got the T. Anyone know the scoop about why he was so mad at 3G? Husband said he tried to see how the handshake line went, but missed it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
          I did not get to go to the game, because I had to work (my very loud brother-in-law was in my seat). My husband was telling me about the technical on Mississippi’s coach. Said he was barking at HCGM and making lots of hand gestures in Coach’s direction. And then the referee came over, and he continued, so he got the T. Anyone know the scoop about why he was so mad at 3G? Husband said he tried to see how the handshake line went, but missed it.
          On TV it looked like he was gesturing to right in front of the shocks bench where Wade had just set a pretty egregious moving screen to free Erik for a transition 3. Honestly he had a point on that one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
            I did not get to go to the game, because I had to work (my very loud brother-in-law was in my seat). My husband was telling me about the technical on Mississippi’s coach. Said he was barking at HCGM and making lots of hand gestures in Coach’s direction. And then the referee came over, and he continued, so he got the T. Anyone know the scoop about why he was so mad at 3G? Husband said he tried to see how the handshake line went, but missed it.
            The handshake went okay. Not sure that the Ole Miss coach wasn't simply trying anything to fire up his guys. Who knows.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
              Grant Sherfield missed 2 in a row and 4 total today. Mark him down for two extra turnovers.
              That means that GS was either 4-4 at the line with 2 extra TO's or 4-8 at the line with no extra TO's. It comes out the same in the end.

Comment

• Gregg Marshall Postgame: vs. Ole Miss 1-4-2020

Comment

• Jamarius Burton Postgame: vs. Ole Miss 1-4-2020

Comment

• Our defense was exceptional! Great game plan that was well executed. Looking forward to a rocking roundhouse on Thursday!

Comment

• Post-Game interview with Jamarius. JB's stellar effort extended past the end of the game into this interview:

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post

On games played on Saturdays.
                        Jamarius is a most impressive and well spoken young man. Great interview. and great game.

Comment

• JB interviews very well.

Comment

• Fun fact I just saw on Twitter. Kermit Davis interviewed for the WSU job in 1996.

Comment

• Looked like Miss could have been called for 3 or 4 fouls on every defensive possession

Comment

• Shout-out to Trey Wade who had a little dip a few games ago but is really finding his role with this team. He's coming along very nicely. Really providing some good defense and rebounding and is starting to find some rhythm within the offense.

Comment

Working...
                                X