No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs Ole Miss Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That Buffen kid caused so many WSU turnovers he had to play his second fewest minutes of the season and was a complete and total non-factor. What a dumbass.

Comment

• Of Tyree’s 9 points, 4 were scored against JB. This is a 1700 point career scorer we are talking about. That was a lockdown performance.

Comment

• Never fear ES and JB were here and great to see DD back. Our stingy D was a huge factor today. Burton almost had as many assists as their whole team. Yes, we expected a win but when we are shooting the rock like today, the Shocks can exceed expectations. ES was all over it today and his improvement from last Season proves his hard work this past summer paid off. Burton also has improvement, especially his shooting touch. Our throws were better and I love it when we keep shooting more free throws than our foes. JE and Mo are a solid one-two punch in manning the 5 slot for the Shocks. Wade has really been a su-weet addition for us and had 6 boards today. 13-1 is a continued nice run from our strong finish last Season. Now the Shocks can keep up this torrid pace as they now focus on AAC play where competition will be tough most all the time.
        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
          Of Tyree’s 9 points, 4 were scored against JB. This is a 1700 point career scorer we are talking about. That was a lockdown performance.
          But he’s a ft/turnover just waiting to happen...
          "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• I need some clarification for my stat keeping. If a player goes to the line and makes 1/2 free throws, is that considered half a turnover?

Comment

• Grant Sherfield missed 2 in a row and 4 total today. Mark him down for two extra turnovers.
              "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                Grant Sherfield missed 2 in a row and 4 total today. Mark him down for two extra turnovers.
                womp womp

Comment

• JB and ES were awesome today! TE and GS looked like freshman for the first time in quite a few games.

If JB can keep shooting like he has been, look out! I don’t think he can, but we are half way through the season and he is shooting 500 from 3!

I just checked the updated stats, and ES career numbers are pretty damn similar to a former NY Knick. Look out!
                  Livin the dream

Comment

• BURBON!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                      Grant Sherfield missed 2 in a row and 4 total today. Mark him down for two extra turnovers.
                      Yeap I agree.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joerg View Post
                        BURBON!
                        Vodka!
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker(1) View Post
                          MU at the free throw line. Go back and watch. Right arm/elbow tweaks just as he is releasing the ball. Has he always done this or he have a smaller range of movement right now...maybe an injury?
                          I don't know but I do know a good release doesn't result in sideways spin on the balll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                            That Buffen kid caused so many WSU turnovers he had to play his second fewest minutes of the season and was a complete and total non-factor. What a dumbass.
                            He was the most effective Rebel in creating potential WSU turnovers and that should not be overlooked. The fact that he sat on his ass most of the game makes it all that more impressive. Wonder if his coach appreciates his efforts?

Comment

• 1. JB and ES carried us offensively with a little help from their friends
                              2. Team defense was awesome
                              3. Disappointed DG, NF and AM didn't get in when game was in hand with 4-5 minutes to go, also DD to see if he could get a bucket
                              4. Good win. Hope we see that kind of defense Thursday night

Comment

• Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                                Great game. Good crowd. Loved seeing ES have a great game, hopefully the stitches in his arm won't affect him.
                                Having a taped up, gaping wound didn't seem to bother him much. He'll be ok. Tough kid!
                                Last edited by wichshock65; January 4, 2020, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X