No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs Ole Miss Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding that Ole Miss bus, I noticed that when I walked into the game as well. Couldn’t believe they bussed the team out here. After the game, though, I came to a different conclusion. Ole Miss had the largest contingent of visiting fans I’ve seen in CKA in a number of years. I’m guessing there must have been 50-100 behind their bench. I’m now assuming that bus must have been for an alumni trip to the game. Actually pretty impressed as I didn’t know there were that many fans that cared about Ole Miss basketball?

Comment

• Originally posted by MadDog View Post
      Regarding that Ole Miss bus, I noticed that when I walked into the game as well. Couldn’t believe they bussed the team out here. After the game, though, I came to a different conclusion. Ole Miss had the largest contingent of visiting fans I’ve seen in CKA in a number of years. I’m guessing there must have been 50-100 behind their bench. I’m now assuming that bus must have been for an alumni trip to the game. Actually pretty impressed as I didn’t know there were that many fans that cared about Ole Miss basketball?
      My grandson said he thought Michael Oher's adoptive parents (The Blind Side) were in that group. But IF they were they probably flew in on a private jet. I was impressed that my 12 year old grandson made the connection remembering from the movie that Dad played basketball for Ole Miss and mom was a Ole Miss cheerleader. Said he remembered what real life Mom and Dad looked like from the photos at the end of the movie. You never know what will leave an impression an a young kid.
      Last edited by 1972Shocker; January 5, 2020, 12:32 PM.

Comment

• Great game and great crowd yesterday. Our D looked impressive, got after it all game. ETN was frustrated with his play and you could see it written all over his face. What a beautiful thing to have a top 3 point shooter in the country have a bad night and 2 other guys step up, one having a career day. This team is special, very special!

Thursday is a big day for our guys.

Note to the decision makers at CKA, a tad less putting and eating contests. Although riveting, keeping the crowd hyped makes for a better atmosphere. Did we really show a guy throw up on the big screen????

Comment

• My question to the Net: which one of you high-rollin alums is going to foot the bill for Erik’s family to attend the rest of our games this season?

Fantastic game for the young man from Washington. Not only only does he play big in front of his family, but he also plays well for the big games. We should extend his scholarship for next year.

Comment

• We all know how Evan Wessel got after loose balls. But I think Erik Stevenson puts it at another level when it comes to getting after it.

Comment

• Originally posted by MadDog View Post
              Regarding that Ole Miss bus, I noticed that when I walked into the game as well. Couldn’t believe they bussed the team out here. After the game, though, I came to a different conclusion. Ole Miss had the largest contingent of visiting fans I’ve seen in CKA in a number of years. I’m guessing there must have been 50-100 behind their bench. I’m now assuming that bus must have been for an alumni trip to the game. Actually pretty impressed as I didn’t know there were that many fans that cared about Ole Miss basketball?
              That would make sense. Ole Miss is about a ten hour drive from WSU, so a long but tolerable trip by road.
              Last edited by ShockBand; January 5, 2020, 12:10 PM.
              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Great article about ES and his family in Eagle/Shockwaves app.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• NM
                      Last edited by 1972Shocker; January 5, 2020, 12:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Best one loss starts (by my count) in the history of Shocker Basketball.

2013-2014 35-1
                        1926-1927 19-1
                        1953-1954 16-1
                        2012-2013 15-1
                        1982-1983 13-1
                        2019-2020 13-1

Rarefied air indeed.

Next question. What is the % of home games where a fast start forces the opponent to call a timeout before the 1st media timeout? Asking for a friend.

Update: Only 3 times in 11 games this season. I may check a few other years, but it seemed higher. I wonder if Gregg has called a pre-first media TO 3 times in 13 seasons.
                        Things that make you go hmmm… "1926-1927"... those were the days my friends. RIP Ross!

Last edited by Kung Wu; January 5, 2020, 01:41 PM.
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          Before the T on Coach Davis, we raked their driving wing and there was no call, then Trey got away with a pseudo screen on the Stevenson 3. The funny part was it appeared Gregg "told" on Kermit. The ref walked by and Gregg pointed as if to say "Hey, Coach Davis isn't all that happy with your no call, you should check that out". lol

No problem with the F1 on Erik. Really hard foul with tons of contact. Close, but no beef here.

Trey also cleared traveled when he was complaining under the basket. That being said, Trey quietly does work every game and has been a HUGE positive addition to this team. Works hard, does a little of everything, and makes very few mistakes with a motor that rarely slows down and plays all the minutes asked of him.

Thought our team defense was outstanding. Broke down offensively as we tried to manage the game late, but just busted ass all night long on defense.

Can't believe how good Erik is right now. Never expected it. ALMOST want him to let off the gas a shade....ALMOST. Question for ShockRef on the play Erik got cut, he one handed defected the ball into backcourt, causing the Rebels to take the ball out of bounds under our basket. The shot clock was reset, which I call complete bs. In no way, shape or form did we ever possess the ball. Right call or wrong call?

Looks like Jamarius is lining up better on the FT line.

Bench is too short right now. Need IPBC, Noah, Dex and DG to step up. AM will find time in good matchups, I'm not concerned about that. But we can't last 20 more games before the dance with this crew at 30+ minutes every game.

13-1...man is that good. How many better records in the history of the program after 14 games besides 13-14?

Did Ole Miss REALLY bus here?

Watched a little of the 2 Valley games on tv tonight. Thank you American Conference.

This team is tweaking the Play Angry motto. It's still angry, but it's with a little flair too. I like it.

Really good crowd. Only 7 home games left this season, time to make every one of them hell on earth for the visitors.

Pretty big game on Thursday. Go Shocks.
                          Doc,
                          Shot clock should not have been reset. Not sure why they did. You are right when he never possessed, unless for some reason they thought his deflection constituted control? Didn't look like control from my Lazy-Boy.
                          Doug Shows is as good as it gets. R Felder does a good job too. Tony Green, no comment.

That is all.
                          Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• I was not aware that WSU will be going to Ole Miss next year as part of the AAC-SEC alliance. The Ole Miss coach mentions it at the end of his interview.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ixiah View Post
                              I was not aware that WSU will be going to Ole Miss next year as part of the AAC-SEC alliance. The Ole Miss coach mentions it at the end of his interview.

https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...238972353.html
                              Shades of bracket busters

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

Heiniken and pizza at Defazios for my post-game celebration...yummy!!!
                                Fat Tires and a fizz burger was my post victory treat!

Comment

Working...
                                X