Wichita State vs Oklahoma Pre-Game Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
    Interesting article about his leaving Wichita State.

He'll forever forward be Austin Leaves to me!
    Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

• Oklahoma Breakdown by Stoney LaRue = 69
      Wichita Lineman by Glen Campbell = 74

Go Shockers!!!

Shocker BasketballDowntown WichitaWinning

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

They weren't. I think they were $12. And I think that stuck right up through last year, although I'm not 100% on that.
        This isn't correct. The cheap seat prices have been creeping up since year 3 or 4. Honestly, the ticket price itself is probably fine. Nearly doubling it for 'fees' makes it less so. That's something WSU probably needs to get worked out with IBA.

Or, we may get blasted by 25 again and some folks might start wondering if non-home home games are worth it going forward.

Comment

• Shocks by 17! Play angry! Dominate the boards, dominate the game.

Comment

• “You’re always going to have people criticizing what you do,” Reaves said. “They’re just thinking about themselves so at the end of the day, you’ve got to do what’s best for you...”

hmmm, wonder what he is saying? But, it doesn’t really matter I guess.

WSU - 71
            OU - 69

i am a bit worried about the long finals lay-off. Seems we haven’t played forever. OU hasn’t either though. Should be a good one.

I am am excited at how well we have been playing. Imagine this team when DD shakes off this slump and when GS starts playing like he did against top level AAU competition. Very high ceiling for this team if all the pieces come together

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
              Interesting article about his leaving Wichita State.

Interesting article. I thought this article might give an indication of why he transferred. The part about him looking for a school that would “let him be himself”. He probably didn’t like the system 3G runs where we don’t have a “star” that has to have the ball and do all the scoring. He liked how they treated Trae Young and wants to be like that. Change my mind.

Comment

• 3 keys for Oklahoma basketball against Wichita State - Sooners Wire

By Brayden Conover
                Posted: 12/14/19, 8:15am cst

It has been nine days since we last saw Oklahoma (7-1) on the hardwood. With finals week behind them, the Sooners are set to take on Wichita State (8-1) in the Sunflower State. LET AUSTIN REAVES EA…

"It has been nine days since we last saw Oklahoma (7-1) on the hardwood. With finals week behind them, the Sooners are set to take on Wichita State (8-1) in the Sunflower State.

LET AUSTIN REAVES EAT
                The Sooners’ leading scorer is very familiar with the Shockers as he played for Wichita State in his freshman and sophomore seasons. Not necessarily a “revenge game” but definitely a game Reaves wants to perform well in. Averaging 17.6 points per game, Reaves has been a bright spot in Oklahoma’s offense. Feed Reaves and let him show the Shockers what they’re missing.

SHOW DOMINANCE
                The Sooners have yet to put together a full 40 minutes, allowing teams that should not hang around, to do just that. Oklahoma has to put together a full 40 for the Sooners to have a chance. Wichita State is good and they are even better at home. The Shockers are 1-1 this season against Big 12 opponents, losing to West Virginia 75-63 on a neutral site and beating No. 25 Oklahoma State in Stillwater 80-61. It will not be easy but Oklahoma needs to learn how to put together a full game.

LOCKDOWN THE PAINT
                The Sooners can get beat from behind the arc and that’s fine. When it’s the other team’s night to get out, it’s the other team’s night to get hot. However, what Oklahoma cannot allow is easy buckets in the paint or second-chance buckets. Forcing shots outside the paint and winning the rebound battle will be huge if the Sooners want to have a chance."

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

This isn't correct. The cheap seat prices have been creeping up since year 3 or 4. Honestly, the ticket price itself is probably fine. Nearly doubling it for 'fees' makes it less so. That's something WSU probably needs to get worked out with IBA.

Or, we may get blasted by 25 again and some folks might start wondering if non-home home games are worth it going forward.
                  Fees seem to be such an arbitrary number kind of like shipping and handling. Would love to hear how those amounts are justified with respect to actual labor and materials needed to process the tickets.

Comment

• Checked last night, and a single game ticket row 5 off one of the benches was over $900. We got two tickets row 3 center court for the Thunder-Pelicans Friday night (day after Thanksgiving) for far, far, far less. Like, a galaxy far, far away less. Oh, and Brandom Ingram. I can see why he's an all-star. Jaxson Hayes, for the Pelicans (played at Texas) is uber-athletic. OKC's Adams (Aquaman) is a super ball player, too.

Comment

• Originally posted by MelvinLoudermilk View Post
                      “You’re always going to have people criticizing what you do,” Reaves said. “They’re just thinking about themselves so at the end of the day, you’ve got to do what’s best for you.
                      The most interesting quote was, “It was really good terms, me and coach came to an agreement and that’s just where it was,” Reaves said. “We left it on good terms.”

Anybody who watched the “exchange” between those two in last year’s handshake line might think otherwise. Regardless, this is going to be a tough game and our young players need to play within themselves and let the game come to them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
                        Anybody who watched the “exchange” between those two in last year’s handshake line might think otherwise. Regardless, this is going to be a tough game and our young players need to play within themselves and let the game come to them.
                        Maybe you are good at "reading minds", "reading facial expressions", etc. of other people on television (when you really don't know them personally) but I would advise against that. Left leaning reporters and detractors do that to Trump (people do it to others too but not as often), and the idea that people can read minds and motives really is more judgmental and reflects more on them than anyone else inho.

Plus it's not fair to either GM or Austin to judge how they truly feel about each other after two years away from each other.

However, from what we know about GM, I would say that it is fair to say that GM would want to beat his own father if they opposed each other in a game.

Comment

• 7 hours till game time. Its going to feel like an eternity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Maybe you are good at "reading minds", "reading facial expressions", etc. of other people on television (when you really don't know them personally) but I would advise against that. Left leaning reporters and detractors do that to Trump (people do it to others too but not as often), and the idea that people can read minds and motives really is more judgmental and reflects more on them than anyone else inho.

Plus it's not fair to either GM or Austin to judge how they truly feel about each other after two years away from each other.

However, from what we know about GM, I would say that it is fair to say that GM would want to beat his own father if they opposed each other in a game.
                            That moment was less about Austin Reaves and more about the fact a rabid competitor just lost by 32 points. Pretty sure his Mom would’ve gotten the same treatment.

Comment

• I'm not the brightest bulb but doesn't look like there was much love at their last meeting.

Comment

• High margin, low volume is the MO for all local business in Wichita; shouldn't be surprising the WSU AD follows that lead with ticket prices. I haven't made a major purchase in Wichita in many years. If you buy a car in Wichita, you're getting taken out behind the woodshed.

One would hope they are noticing the break-over point that appears to be occurring currently where revenues decrease with every additional dollar asked of the widget.

Comment

Working...
                                X