No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs Oklahoma Pre-Game Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4279 tickets remaining for tomorrow. 10 upper deck sections have more than 300 tickets left.

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker(1) View Post

Love LEGOS, even as an adult. How much is parking at the JFK museum? LOL. My son hadn't seen the OKC Memorial and parking there is just $illy. Can you imagine if it cost $$ to park at Exploration Place? Or the Wichita Art Museum? Or the Zoo? Hate football. Haven't watched a football game in probably 20 years. Don't have any plans to revisit the game either - funny how my kids grew up with family always watching football, and after the CTE thing, they can't stand the sport. Cowboys are awful. And Jerry Jones may be football's equivalent of James Dolan at this point. So.....food. And music. I will say that I wish Wichita had a decent place to go dancing that wasn't a Country Western bar or pop music bar. Anyone ever go to the Over 28 Club in Wichita many years ago? Sorry to hijack the thread everyone. Resume your KU basketball and Bill Self discussions.
      You can do a Park and ride on the DART rail system and parking is free for that. $6 you can ride the DART system all day (that includes rail or buses. Any DART transportation).

Of course then you have to walk around to the attractions. But generally that isnt very far to anything in the downtown area.
      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by ccrunner101 View Post
        4279 tickets remaining for tomorrow. 10 upper deck sections have more than 300 tickets left.
        How has marketing of this game been? TV, print, radio?

There could be a good walk up crowd if IBA service charges are outrageous for purchasing online. 2,000+

Comment

• Too many others beat me to the punch but, yeah DFW is far and away a bigger attraction. Memphis is more limited than DFW to be sure, but probably better than the Lou except for gambling.

Dan Nevertheless is correct and enough bars, restaurants and hotel rooms in proximity meet the minimum threshold. Haven’t been to ICT in a while, but has the hotel supply improved in the area?
          Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post
            Too many others beat me to the punch but, yeah DFW is far and away a bigger attraction. Memphis is more limited than DFW to be sure, but probably better than the Lou except for gambling.

Dan Nevertheless is correct and enough bars, restaurants and hotel rooms in proximity meet the minimum threshold. Haven’t been to ICT in a while, but has the hotel supply improved in the area?
            We finally have a selection of 5 stars...

… and a plethora of fine dining options...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Comment

• Looks like it's opened up at Shocks -3

Comment

• Interesting article about his leaving Wichita State.

Comment

• I did not know Austin was a Kansas native. Could've sworn I read he is from Arkansas.
                    FINAL FOURS:
                    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                    Number of Times Ranked: 157
                    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                    #3 - Dec. 2017
                    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                    #2 ~ March 2014
                    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by ccrunner101 View Post
                      4279 tickets remaining for tomorrow. 10 upper deck sections have more than 300 tickets left.
                      Pretty obvious that they screwed up the pricing. Look at the open seats in 212 compared to 213. Lower the upper level prices by $10 a piece and I bet the sales would look way different. IBA’s idiotic fees are another whole issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post

Pretty obvious that they screwed up the pricing. Look at the open seats in 212 compared to 213. Lower the upper level prices by $10 a piece and I bet the sales would look way different. IBA’s idiotic fees are another whole issue.
                        Isn't the game on ESPN2 or is it blacked out? If not, that might convenience people from buying somewhat over priced upper bowl tickets.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                          Looks like it's opened up at Shocks -3
                          Up to -4.5
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Isn't the game on ESPN2 or is it blacked out? If not, that might convenience people from buying somewhat over priced upper bowl tickets.
                            This game has been on ESPN/ESPN2 the last several years (minus last year). It hasn't deterred near sell-outs before. Clearly the raise in prices affected a lot of the demand. Just totally getting greedy and it backfired. You can get tickets cheaper for a game at Koch than IBA now. Absurd.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

This game has been on ESPN/ESPN2 the last several years (minus last year). It hasn't deterred near sell-outs before. Clearly the raise in prices affected a lot of the demand. Just totally getting greedy and it backfired. You can get tickets cheaper for a game at Koch than IBA now. Absurd.
                              But were the sell-outs priced like this one? If not, we both could be correct. At the right price, people will go to the game. Price it too high, they'll stay home or go to a sports bar and watch in Hi Def.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

But were the sell-outs priced like this one? If not, we both could be correct. At the right price, people will go to the game. Price it too high, they'll stay home or go to a sports bar and watch in Hi Def.
                                They weren't. I think they were $12. And I think that stuck right up through last year, although I'm not 100% on that.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X