Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

Are you being deliberately obtuse?

I did not "pick and choose games" to make my point. I was looking at trend lines of performance to evaluate Erik's improvement in his second year versus his freshman season as a Shocker. Surely you recall when Erik reported for his Sophomore season posters on Shockernet used exclamatory adjectives to describe his "chisled" body, improved speed and footwork. As season two progressed, his improvement was obvious and recognized by Shockernet posters coupled with Taylor declaring Erik the best player on the Shocker roster and recognizing Erik's contribution to the Shocker's season performance and national ranking. Erik had improved to making >40% of his field goal attempts and >80% of his free throws. Then we see the decline in his performance post the UCONN game and Marshall's so-called coaching. Your end of year Season 2 data supports my contention that Marshall's coaching destroyed Erik's confidence/contribution to the Shockers on the basketball court.

As for his Junior year numbers, again a reflection of the negative impact of Marshall's coaching post the UCONN game. IMO Erik is very unlikely to regain the skills he was demonstrating when he took the Shockers to a 17-3 record and national ranking.

Does the name Peyton Allen ring a bell? From what I have heard from people involved with Peyton, he too is a victim of Marshall's bullying and depressive coaching. A young and talented basketball player who transfers from Texas A&M to replace Ron Baker at the 2 position but is "body shamed" by Marshall and leaves Wichita 13 months after joining the Shocker roster and without playing a single minute of basketball. And then there is Austin Reaves!!!!!!!!!!
    STOP

Comment

What is your source for reaching this conclusion?
      Here is the way things work as it has been explained to me by somebody very knowledgeable of these things. When the AD gets a email from somebody he doesn't know, he ask his secretary to look up and see how big of donor they are. The bigger the donor the more serious they take in responding to the email. The people that are important wouldn't email anyway, they would either call him directly or would have talked while playing golf.

I really would recommend retiring your moniker, and coming back as a different persona if you really want to be part of this community. Shocker1976 has become synonymous with DOFO. Or not, if you like every one of your posts to be ridiculed.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Here is the way things work as it has been explained to me by somebody very knowledgeable of these things. When the AD gets a email from somebody he doesn't know, he ask his secretary to look up and see how big of donor they are. The bigger the donor the more serious they take in responding to the email. The people that are important wouldn't email anyway, they would either call him directly or would have talked while playing golf.

I really would recommend retiring your moniker, and coming back as a different persona if you really want to be part of this community. Shocker1976 has become synonymous with DOFO. Or not, if you like every one of your posts to be ridiculed.
        Thanks for sharing your insight as it confirms my opinion of how incompetent Boatright is as the AD of WSU. IMO a reasonably experienced administrator would have a program in place to respond to unsolicited correspondence; responses would be in place to thank the writer for their interest in WSU sports but due to unnamed circumstances the AD cannot at this time comment on the issue addressed by the correspondent.

Under the program you describe used by Boatright a concerned correspondent is forced to contact Boatright's superior. This then results in demonstrating Boatright's incompetence and could lead to an audit of Boatright by said superior. As regards my email to Boatright both Golden and Muma became unnecessarily involved and Boatright was instructed to draft what should have been a routine form letter response to my email.

Comment

• Not responding to some unknown dolt's email is not a sign of incompetence; in fact responding to something like that would be a sign of something not soo good.

Comment

Well we both know that Marshall's leaving the position of MBB HC was what I wanted and we both know that my letters may well have played a role in that outcome. So I choose to believe that my letters were in your terms quite "good" as they achieved the desired outcome.

Regards your comment about Erik making shots, IMO the coaching he received from Marshall after his juvenile behavior post the WSU victory over UCONN played a major role in Erik's declining shooting skills. You could equate it to what happened to Monica Seles; she was never the same player after being stabbed by the Steffi Graf fan.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Modern day DOFO

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                Modern day DOFO
                Except if I remember correctly, while being less than smart, DOFO was kinda likeable wasn't he? Just said stupid things.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Except if I remember correctly, while being less than smart, DOFO was kinda likeable wasn't he? Just said stupid things.
                  And DOFO was funny at times. Most importantly DOFO grew up and is now a responsible member of the board. It obvious 1976 is trending the opposite.

Comment

He was fixated on the rain west of the turnpike and how his goat had no grass to eat.
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
                      Not responding to some unknown dolt's email is not a sign of incompetence; in fact responding to something like that would be a sign of something not soo good.
                      Your statement indicates you have no experience in managing an enterprise that provides a product (basketball, for instance) for public consumption. But feel free to expose your ignorance as there are a number of dolts on this board who will blindly appreciate your display.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
                        Not responding to some unknown dolt's email is not a sign of incompetence; in fact responding to something like that would be a sign of something not soo good.
                        I blindly appreciate this display.
                        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

He was fixated on the rain west of the turnpike and how his goat had no grass to eat.
                          I'd forgotten all about that. I assume since someone said he grew up that he now posts under a different name. Good for him.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I'd forgotten all about that. I assume since someone said he grew up that he now posts under a different name. Good for him.
                            I wouldn't go that far. He quit posting under planeshocker and now posts under his real name...

Comment

I could be wrong ?

DOFO, your presence is hereby requested. Please share your wisdom.

DanielBryan

P.S. Those were the days my friends.
                              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Your statement indicates you have no experience in managing an enterprise that provides a product (basketball, for instance) for public consumption. But feel free to expose your ignorance as there are a number of dolts on this board who will blindly appreciate your display.
                                Once again, you have absolutely no idea of which you speak. I've spent most of my career in the public eye, You are one of the more idiotic posters I've encountered in my 25 years on Shockernet. If you are defending an anonymous email, then that confirms your idiocy.

Comment

Working...
                                X