No announcement yet.

Erik Stevenson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• “The individual awards are nice. But as a team we have higher goals than these individual awards. That is what I am focused on.” — Not Erica Stefensen.

Comment

• There seems to be a common thread that comes out each time when players are interviewed. "We have to put our egos aside, look in the mirror and put the team first." Ego's are hard to break by a coach. As said before, leadership by an older player (Jamie sounds like he tried) would have helped. I think that Eric and Grant had huge egos and that rubbed the other players the wrong way. Shocker1976, I just believe that you have a personal vendetta against the coaches. Not matter what is said, you instantly blame the coaches. It sounds to me that this may have been mostly on a couple of players. Just an opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. D View Post
        There seems to be a common thread that comes out each time when players are interviewed. "We have to put our egos aside, look in the mirror and put the team first." Ego's are hard to break by a coach. As said before, leadership by an older player (Jamie sounds like he tried) would have helped. I think that Eric and Grant had huge egos and that rubbed the other players the wrong way. Shocker1976, I just believe that you have a personal vendetta against the coaches. Not matter what is said, you instantly blame the coaches. It sounds to me that this may have been mostly on a couple of players. Just an opinion.
        Great post Dr. D. One of the things Shocker1976 is upset at Marshall over is that in his opinion HCGM doesn't give a good press-conference. No seriously....you can't make this stuff up.

Comment

• Originally posted by MelvinLoudermilk View Post

Great post Dr. D. One of the things Shocker1976 is upset at Marshall over is that in his opinion HCGM doesn't give a good press-conference. No seriously....you can't make this stuff up.
          Melvin you make things up every day on Shockernet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

Yes, my agenda is to see if Marshall bromancers can ever see both sides of an issue. Care to explain your agenda?
            Why do you keep referring to everybody as Marshall bromancers? You realize you’re calling 99% of the fanbase that, correct?

Incredible how quickly you took a credibility hit on here. The Bob Richey bromance was just icing on the cake.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Coach obviously has to take part of the blame for the situation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

You are illustrating the bias with which I am concerned. IMO clearly the guy who is paid $3.5 million a year must share some of the blame. How logical is the argument that one 20 year old player is the sole reason for all of these transfers.
                There’s actually been numerous examples of this occurrence in all levels of all sports.

Sure Marshall is partly to blame for managing and recruiting the characters but to say that the players are completely innocent because “they’re 20” is just as backwards as what you’re complaining about the opposite direction.

Might wanna dial back on the Marshall hate cuz he ain’t leaving for a while. Maybe take a “shocker fan break” since it appears this is something that puts a great deal of personal conflict deep within your soul.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Pinstripers, I don't disagree. I do believe Marshall when he says "I haven't dealt with something like this before." The landscape is rapidly changing. But I do believe you still have to hold players accountable. I do think coach will adjust and be stronger for it. I have a feeling that next year may be better than we think.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                    Coach obviously has to take part of the blame for the situation.
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• I’ve heard Marshall several times say that he needed to do a better job of coaching when things weren’t going well. I’m sure no one feels any worse than him since he is the face of the program. Let’s see who he brings in and where we’re at in 12 months.

Comment

• Very, very interesting. Especially the part about 24 minutes a game not being enough for players. This is why you can’t have 10 to 12 players who all think they are starter material.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackmag View Post
                          I’ve heard Marshall several times say that he needed to do a better job of coaching when things weren’t going well. I’m sure no one feels any worse than him since he is the face of the program. Let’s see who he brings in and where we’re at in 12 months.
                          I hope he has learned something

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

I hope he has learned something
                            There you go again.

Comment

• Well, ****! He brought these kids in. He couldn't mold them into a team. He knows he didn't handle it right.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Gal Gadot please!

Any relation to Gal Mekel?

Comment

Working...
                                X