Erik Stevenson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
    After reading Tayor's interview with ES, and how quickly he was willing to throw mud at the coaching staff, it's for the best that he goes elsewhere and tries to find happiness.
    Erik should have left without the BS editorial. Bye.

Comment

• The second coming of Ron Baker you are not. Go back to corona state biatch!

Comment

• As Taylor wrote, that Marshall can really coach today's D1 players "Stevenson was WSU’s best player during its 15-1 start to the season when he was averaging better than 14 points per game and the Shockers ascended to as high as No. 16 in the national rankings." And then Marshall "coached" ES and his game deteriorated rapidly.

Hell of a week for Shocker basketball "By the end of Friday, a third of the returning scholarship players — Stevenson, Burton, Noah Fernandes and DeAntoni Gordon — and a walk-on, Tate Busse, announced they plan to leave WSU."

What is Shockernet posters' solution? Give Marshall a raise? A vote of confidence? or Give Marshall both a raise and a vote of confidence!

Comment

• I know some posters on this board think I am a moron but I thought they might appreciate reading what I posted several weeks ago. Yes, this contributed to my post regards reaching my "fill of Marshall" Next season is going to be interesting -

"For full disclosure, Erik has been my favorite Shocker since he first put on his Shocker jersey. I thought and still do that he had the potential to have a more successful Shocker career than Ron Baker due to his IMO greater athleticism and swagger. This season I began tracking his statistical performance with the South Carolina game as I became convinced he had figured out how to play NCAA D1 basketball in that game and established himself a visible leader of the Shocker team.

His stats for the time period South Carolina through and including UConn - 43.7% FG%; 47.1% 3PT%; and 81.6% FT%

His stats for the six game period VCU through and including UConn - 39.1% FG%; 40.5% 3PT%; and 79.5% FT%

His stats for the six game period Temple through Cincinnati - 24.4% FG%; 19.2% 3PT%; and 63.6% FT%

Issues that may or may not influence the above stats

1. Lost starter role against USF (played 12 minutes)

2. Minutes/game declined from 30.2 (South Carolina through UConn) to 19.8 (Temple through Cincinnati)

3. Shocker record with Erik as a starter 17-3; Shocker record with Erik off the bench 2-2

I am sure Erik is as frustrated as I am regards these statistics; unfortunately I do not have a clue if a single or multiple events triggered this fall-off in performance. I pray that Erik does know and is able to revert to his previous level of performance of being a recognized team leader who makes a significant contribution on both ends of the court."

Comment

• Any predictions on what D1 school, if any, picks up Erik?

Comment

• Originally posted by top20shock View Post

Erik should have left without the BS editorial. Bye.
              I definitely thought it was in bad taste. IIRC, getting yanked for making a boneheaded play is par for the course for 3G. I almost hope some former players say something.

It's how you respond in the face of adversity that defines you, and Erik's thoroughly responded.

Comment

• First post on this topic. Very surprising turn of events. As most of the others JB was a surprise. I have no insight as to what went on or why they left and most posts are just supposition. I have as most here supported these guys because they were "our" guys. They didn't wind up as a statistic on the police blotter and by all accounts were good students and team mates. Obviously there were team chemistry problems and leadership issues. I will continue to trust the coaching staff to holding people accountable. MK posted on Shocker facebook telling the shocker faithful to step back from the edge that we would wind up with a full roster committed to each other and the team concept. This post tells me more than the 32 pages and counting on this topic. There must have been things going on that most of us were unaware of but I still believe that I don't need to know everything about each person or the program but trust it works and if not the necessary adjustments will be made. Not ignoring the situation and like most concerned that it got to this point. Wish all of the transfer's success in their future destinations.

Comment

• Marshall is hardly the only coach who pulls players who make boneheaded plays. Obviously it doesn't happen every time or it would look like a hockey game.

There were tons of times ES would drive to the basket on the baseline or from the top of the key with really no idea where he was going or how he was going to pass or finish the play. What a whiner.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                    MK posted on Shocker facebook telling the shocker faithful to step back from the edge that we would wind up with a full roster committed to each other and the team concept. This post tells me more than the 32 pages and counting on this topic.

I like MK a lot. I really do. But he is "state TV / radio.
                    He is literally Baghdad Bob. What would expect him to say?

That said, I do feel better this morning than I did last night. Erik's interview with Taylor was a bad look for Erik.

Comment

• Hid game went to hell after the crap following the UConn game. I don't know if the two things are related or if it's a coincidence. I'm glad he's leaving.

Comment

• Now that Erik is leaving, I’ll mention a couple things that really rubbed me the wrong way. I wasn’t a fan of his Twitter Tough Guy approach.

Before the VCU game, he tweeted that “we (the team) EXPECT a full crowd.” Dude, it’ll be fine. Shocker Nation shows up for big games in spades. No need to lecture us into going to the game, especially that one.

After the Houston home loss, he tweeted that “those who switched sides can stay there.” Uhhh...there are Shocker fans (including many on this board) who have been Shocker fans longer than he’s been alive. No one is jumping ship over a stupid two-game losing streak. Frustrated, sure...but this isn’t an apathetic fanbase.

I had commented to Doc more than once that Erik talks a lot of crap for a guy who had struggled on the court.

I hope Erik finds whatever he is looking for. It’s probably just as well that he is leaving.
                        78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
                          I know some posters on this board think I am a moron but I thought they might appreciate reading what I posted several weeks ago. Yes, this contributed to my post regards reaching my "fill of Marshall" Next season is going to be interesting -

"For full disclosure, Erik has been my favorite Shocker since he first put on his Shocker jersey. I thought and still do that he had the potential to have a more successful Shocker career than Ron Baker due to his IMO greater athleticism and swagger. This season I began tracking his statistical performance with the South Carolina game as I became convinced he had figured out how to play NCAA D1 basketball in that game and established himself a visible leader of the Shocker team.

His stats for the time period South Carolina through and including UConn - 43.7% FG%; 47.1% 3PT%; and 81.6% FT%

His stats for the six game period VCU through and including UConn - 39.1% FG%; 40.5% 3PT%; and 79.5% FT%

His stats for the six game period Temple through Cincinnati - 24.4% FG%; 19.2% 3PT%; and 63.6% FT%

Issues that may or may not influence the above stats

1. Lost starter role against USF (played 12 minutes)

2. Minutes/game declined from 30.2 (South Carolina through UConn) to 19.8 (Temple through Cincinnati)

3. Shocker record with Erik as a starter 17-3; Shocker record with Erik off the bench 2-2

I am sure Erik is as frustrated as I am regards these statistics; unfortunately I do not have a clue if a single or multiple events triggered this fall-off in performance. I pray that Erik does know and is able to revert to his previous level of performance of being a recognized team leader who makes a significant contribution on both ends of the court."
                          So I think you're saying that it was GM's fault (probably a few others agree) and I think most on here would say that if Eric had been willing to hear some of what GM said and been coachable, he may have had some more good times.

Comment

• Originally posted by MelvinLoudermilk View Post

I like MK a lot. I really do. But he is "state TV / radio.
                            He is literally Baghdad Bob. What would expect him to say?

That said, I do feel better this morning than I did last night. Erik's interview with Taylor was a bad look for Erik.
                            Yes Social Media is a wonderful thing to deal with when things don't look good. Ralph Miller couldn't have dealt with it. Gary Thompson and Harry Miller would have been run out on a rail. Thompson because he lost and Harry because most Shocker fans didn't like his slow down approach, where we played an entire game of half court basketball, took 45 seconds to get up a shot on the average and never ran the fast break. Mike Cohen would have cried, etc.

By the way, Mike Kennedy, I would guess, really believes what he said on Facebook but he shouldn't say what he believes because he is part of the totalitarian WSU regime.

Comment

• After reading that article it is clear that this young man has ALOT of growing up to do. News flash pup, there are always going to be difficult times and people you don’t see eye to eye with who are in authority. You better get some thicker skin. Seems like the apple doesn’t fall too far from the tree. I wish him luck but being a Shocker isn’t for everyone and not everyone has what it takes. Better he realizes now he doesn’t have what it takes and move on so someone who wants to buy in can take the scholarship. Bye Felicia!

Comment

• Erik was the definition of a double edge sword. He had potential here, we all saw the huge games he had. But in the end, his attitude was allowed to go toxic, so better to move on for all parties.

Comment

Working...
                                X