No announcement yet.

Erik Stevenson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm giving Erik a lot of credit for getting back to the player he was earlier. His energy is back and his shot is back. Shooters seem to always be streaky, so he gets some games with lesser results than he had against UCF as part of what a shooter is and does.

I think the loss of his grandfather fueled him for a while and then led to the loss of someone to talk to to encourage him. I found Marshall's comments to indicate that Stevenson pretty much went off and bared his soul, his anger, and his frustration at the now infamous Monday practice.

Putting up 27 against UCF is probably easier than putting up 12 against some of the top teams in the league, but Erik seems to have some confidence and energy again. He also seems to give a ****, which wasn't apparent for several games.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Someone mentioned the scout said Stevenson can’t go (dribble) to his left; he must be working on it...

https://twitter.com/tayloreldridge/s...577778688?s=21

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
        These near 30 point outbursts are euphoric! If he was a stock his beta would be off the charts and attractive to an emerging markets hedge fund manager. I cannot recall another player in recent history that has so many grand peaks and valleys. I fully agree he is integral to the success of this and many seasons to come. Hopefully as he matures as a player he'll have more consistent 14-15 point outings with a season 40% 3-pt ave. He is most valuable as a player if he can smooth out the trend line. I'm hopeful that will play out in the future.
        So are you a hedge fund manager?

Comment

• Think of Erik as a bottle of Slap Yo Mama seasonin. You don't use it on everything, but after you use it, you think "I should use this on everything." And it just might work.

So good to see him kick ass again. If only we had this Brass Tacks meeting 2 weeks ago, but things happen when they happen. And as Erik goes, so the team goes. (Yes we can say that about anyone that can go off for 25+, it appears so far that only Erik do that).

Comment

• Erik has to play within the flow of the game. When he starts forcing things or trying to carry the team, it goes south for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
              Erik has to play within the flow of the game. When he starts forcing things or trying to carry the team, it goes south for him.
              You mean like the 26-footers off the dribble?
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

You mean like the 26-footers off the dribble?
                You forgot "contested" 26-footers off the dribble.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                  Someone mentioned the scout said Stevenson can’t go (dribble) to his left; he must be working on it...
                  LMAO. All left.

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• I know it’s been said before...ES: don’t worry about Ron Baker comparisons or your stats. Just be the best teammate you can be and focus on D first. Hot shooting and finicky fans will come and go...

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockAzs View Post

So are you a hedge fund manager?
                      I've lost my ass on some

Comment

• Now we have to see if all the other players can take Erik's lead. Everyone actually shot pretty well from 2 in the UCF game. It was from 3 where we had the disparity with Erik the only one who shot well (Erik 5-12, 41.7%; rest of team 3-14, 21.4%).

Comment

• 27 points and hot as a firecracker one game and 1-8 with 5 TO's the next............that's just crazy

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                            27 points and hot as a firecracker one game and 1-8 with 5 TO's the next............that's just crazy
                            Not really, when you consider his shot selection. ES is a good shooter. He really is. But his shot selection leads to large variances from game to game. He's good enough of a shooter that when he gets hot, he can hit it from about anywhere. This includes making a lot of shots that otherwise wouldn't be good shots. But when you take so many bad shots, the law of averages catches up. If he would take better shots and stop shooting so many from 26 feet away, his game-to-game variability would decrease dramatically and he'd level off into being a pretty good shooter percentage wise. It appears though that message really never goes through to him or is relayed to him by the coaching staff.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Some of those passes against Tulane -- the one disappointing aspect of an otherwise terrific first 30 minutes, although Erik wasn't alone in this regard -- reminded me of the Chevy truck commercials with the invisible trailer technology. He seems at times to be passing against invisible defenders.
                              Last edited by WSUwatcher; February 18, 2020, 09:10 AM.

Comment

• But he also had seven rebounds and was 5-5 from the line.

Comment

Working...
                                X