Erik Stevenson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

Absolutely and deservedly. Marshall is NOT going to put up with crap like that on his team. Considering the class and maturity shown by the rest of the players, I bet some of them were not happy. Being a poor winner is never a good way to go. You don't gloat when you win.

Have you participated in any competitive activities where there's communication among your various opponents? Get a rep for being a showboat and a clown and you just gave every opponent a reason to beat you. You NEVER give an opponent a reason to beat you.

If Stevenson can't handle heckling from opposing fans, he has no business attempting to play D1 basketball. He let fans get under his skin. That's a sign of immaturity, not an excuse for a complete lack of class and being an asshole.
    He literally said heckling by opposing fans motivates him.

Comment

• Since the first time I saw Erik play, he reminded me of someone. It wasn’t until this quote I realized who.

Tino Lettieri. Old school soccer chaps will remember that name.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

Stevenson is a trash-talking kid from the suburbs. Gotta have a lot of game to back that up playing with kids from the city.

I checked shots and points per 30 minutes for the guards. Stevenson takes about 2 more shots per 30 than Burton and Etienne and 3 more than Sherfield. Burton has been accused of shooting every time he gets the ball, but it looks like Stevenson is more prone to that. Etienne (37%), Sherfield (36%) and Stevenson (38%) have similar shooting percentages. Both Etienne and Sherfield are scoring more per 30 minutes than Stevenson while taking fewer shots per 30. Burton is at 44% from the field.

Looking at points per 30 minutes, the order is Etienne, Burton, Sherfield, Stevenson. You don't talk trash and act cocky or arrogant with the game Stevenson is putting out.

He had a great motor, he worked hard, he hustled every play, but those terms are used in past, not present, tense.

Anybody else notice that Stevenson and Dennis have pretty much never been good at the same time? There's things that make you go hmmm. Not saying there's bad blood there, but ...hmmm.
        Always thought DD and ES were pretty tight. Don’t they share a house or apartment?

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post

Always thought DD and ES were pretty tight. Don’t they share a house or apartment?
          They are roommates.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post

They are roommates.
            That could increase the chances there might be tension between them. Might also be involved in why Dennis needed some time off.

I'm certain Stevenson worked his butt off over the summer to improve his shooting. He did improve his shooting. His scout early in the season was to ignore him as an offensive threat. His work over the summer made that scout wrong. Give Erik credit for overcoming his scout from last year.

His scout this year is can't dribble with his left hand, can't shoot (make) when guarded, can't handle frustration when guarded closely.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadedCrown View Post

He literally said heckling by opposing fans motivates him.
              he did say that when things were going good

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                Since the first time I saw Erik play, he reminded me of someone. It wasn’t until this quote I realized who.

Tino Lettieri. Old school soccer chaps will remember that name.
                As long as he doesn't have a stuffed parrot on the bench, I'm okay with that.
                Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Dang i don't understand why people are criticizing Erik. As being a sports fan i see things like this all the time. Heck even i do it when playing sports. I play recreational soccer, basketball, football and other sports and even when my team is loosing and i score a goal i do all kinds of celebration. In the end if your not having fun. you shouldn't be playing. I'm 43 years old. And I've been playing sports since i was a kid. High school level and even college level. I've gone threw all the emotions of the game. And so for UGONE hell yeah kiss those mother lovers goodbye. I would have done the same. It's all for fun ppl. Get over it.

Comment

• Originally posted by El_Wu View Post
                    Dang i don't understand why people are criticizing Erik. As being a sports fan i see things like this all the time. Heck even i do it when playing sports. I play recreational soccer, basketball, football and other sports and even when my team is loosing and i score a goal i do all kinds of celebration. In the end if your not having fun. you shouldn't be playing. I'm 43 years old. And I've been playing sports since i was a kid. High school level and even college level. I've gone threw all the emotions of the game. And so for UGONE hell yeah kiss those mother lovers goodbye. I would have done the same. It's all for fun ppl. Get over it.
                    They even complain when Erik takes a crap. They say he uses too many sheets of toilet paper.

I mean the guy is not even through his Sophomore season and there are 31 pages of comments dedicated to him alone. Comical.

Comment

• Wait, how many sheets DOES he use?
                      Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by MelvinLoudermilk View Post

They even complain when Erik takes a crap. They say he uses too many sheets of toilet paper.

I mean the guy is not even through his Sophomore season and there are 31 pages of comments dedicated to him alone. Comical.
                        Yah, I don't get it either. People ***** that we don't have leaders and that we're soft and that we act like we don't care. And then you have a kid that has charisma, pizazz, is vocal, and wants to fire everybody up and those same people then ***** that he "talks too much".

It's unbelievable. I don't think it's a coincidence that ever since we've had a subdued ES we're 2-5 and he's played like poo.
                        Last edited by ShockerFever; February 11, 2020, 11:52 AM.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I have never understood why he got benched just cause he had 2-3 bad games. IMHO, he is the only one on the team
                          that has showed some leadership. I don't think this team will rebound without him playing 24-32 minutes per game and
                          he should start. We were winning when he was a starter and I believe it was because others were following his lead
                          of playing inspired ball. It seemed to inspire the others around him, as well.

Comment

• He didn't get benched for shooting/playing poorly. All you need to look at is his rebound numbers, which correlates to effort, during the slide. 5.4 in 28.9 minutes when we were 15-1 down to 2.4 in 18.6 during the slide. While minutes play a role, that doesn't account for being half as effective. And by the same token look at turnovers they are up despite less minutes.

I have no problem with Erik's attitude or the UConn stuff(in fact I enjoy it) but if you want to be the vocal leader of the team you can not let your effort slide because your quality of play slid.

Comment

• What I've noticed about Erik during this downturn is the way he plays defense. Instead of playing smart solid defense, he takes too many gambles. He's trying to intercept passes or block shots and then losing his guys as a result. When he was playing good defense, he was doing those things within the framework of playing good defense. It's almost like he's pressing too much to make good things happen rather than letting them happen. Same thing that was going on with McDuffie when he thought he needed to carry us as a junior.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                                I have never understood why he got benched just cause he had 2-3 bad games. IMHO, he is the only one on the team
                                that has showed some leadership. I don't think this team will rebound without him playing 24-32 minutes per game and
                                he should start. We were winning when he was a starter and I believe it was because others were following his lead
                                of playing inspired ball. It seemed to inspire the others around him, as well.
                                Not trying to bring up the past, but, I felt the same way when Austin was benched 2 years. I believe that was right before the "mass exodus."

And this isn't a "I miss Austin" talking point, ok?

Comment

Working...
                                X