Erik Stevenson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

AM needs to read my autographed copy of How To Be A Dick For Dummies.
    So did you autograph it as the Dick or the Dummy? Just asking for a friend.

Comment

• definitely a stevenson supporter, but concerned about some of his more elementary stats:

1) his five game average points per minutes played have dropped from 0.58ppm to 0.35ppm since the oklahoma game - yes i understand that the better competition will hurt a bit, but good players rise above this.

2) his five game average percentage of minutes played peaked at 82.5% in the ole miss game, but has dropped to 48.5% today.

on the other hand, his more advanced stats are mixed:

better:
      player efficiency rating has increased this year to 13.6 from 10.9 last year.
      free throw attempt rate has increased from 20.6% last year to 35.5% this year - meaning that he's attacking the basket more
      steal rate has nearly doubled
      turnover rate has fallen from 17.8% to 14.4%
      win share per 40mins has increased from a below-average 0.086 to a respectable and just above average of 0.106

worse:
      true and effective field goal percentage has dropped by 4.0% and 6.8% respectively
      free throw percentage has dropped in conference from 90% last year to 74.1% this year.

get it together young buck.. your team needs you.

Comment

• Is it possible that Erik is more David Kyles and less Ron Baker? David could go off about 6-8 games and year and play mediocre the rest of the year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
          Is it possible that Erik is more David Kyles and less Ron Baker? David could go off about 6-8 games and year and play mediocre the rest of the year.
          I think Kyles was a better pure shooter and a better athlete. They do have similar weaknesses (mainly lack of handles to drive at this level).

Kyles did become very good at simplifying the game by the time he was a senior. He never hit his perceived upside, but was a cog on a very good team. Lastly, WSU beats VCU if he plays more in the NCAA game. He thrived in chaos.

Comment

• This is over simplified but.......

I was looking at the box scores of our games this year and when ES struggles the team struggles.

No other players individual performance seems as strongly linked to the teams performance as ES.

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post

I think Kyles was a better pure shooter and a better athlete. They do have similar weaknesses (mainly lack of handles to drive at this level).
              When Kyles was hot, he could strike from very deep but I don't remember him being a pure shooter. As per your second point, you are correct, Kyles couldn't drive at all. For whatever reason, Eric isn't playing with the confidence he had earlier in the year. People end up being psychologists if they try to reason why, and we don't see him play but once or twice a week.

Comment

• I don't think Marshall is going to sit his leading scorer, leading hustle guy, leading energy guy for extended periods because that player hit a rough patch in his game. I suspect there's something going on that will not be known to fans. It might involve practices. Marshall has always said he plays the guys who practice the right way. Stevenson's minutes have dropped significantly. There might be a connection.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• I think HCGM has read too much of his own press. He's going to do the same things that have always worked and when they don't, the answer isn't a new approach, it's the players, officials, etc... Bob Knight comes to mind.
                  Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                    I think HCGM has read too much of his own press. He's going to do the same things that have always worked and when they don't, the answer isn't a new approach, it's the players, officials, etc... Bob Knight comes to mind.

Curious, Before the season...What were your expectations for a team with 10/13 scholarship players being freshman and sophomores?

we are 17-5 and lost heartbreakers in the last two games. The conference season so far has been disappointing but is difficulty this season really such a huge surprise?

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                      I think HCGM has read too much of his own press. He's going to do the same things that have always worked and when they don't, the answer isn't a new approach, it's the players, officials, etc... Bob Knight comes to mind.
                      That sounds more like Turgeon to me. He was always blaming the players. HCGM has said many times after losses that they need to coach better and that the coaches need to find ways to win that fit the players we have.
                      I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                        Is it possible that Erik is more David Kyles and less Ron Baker? David could go off about 6-8 games and year and play mediocre the rest of the year.
                        This is a great question, and one I've been pondering myself. Earlier in the season, I think many of us (including me) were buying the hype that Erik was the next coming of freaking Ron Baker himself, if you know what I mean. Well, that's kind oif cooled off now the past few weeks. I think when it's all said and done and we're looking in the rear view mirror, we'll see a lot more of Ron Baker than David Kyles in Erik. Erik just seems to be Ron Baker in stretches, but not entire season. I'm hoping for the return of the Ron Baker style play soon.

Great question from a great ShockerNet poster.
                        Last edited by Dennis_Celery; February 8, 2020, 12:19 PM.
                        You're a lying dog-faced pony soldier.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dennis_Celery View Post

This is a great question, and one I've been pondering myself. Earlier in the season, I think many of us (including me) were buying the hype that Erik was the next coming of freaking Ron Baker himself, if you know what I mean. Well, that's kind oif cooled off now the past few weeks. I think when it's all said and done and we're looking in the rear view mirror, we'll see a lot more of Ron Baker than David Kyles in Erik. Erik just seems to be Ron Baker in stretches, but not entire season. I'm hoping for the return of the Ron Baker style play soon.

Great question from a great ShockerNet poster.
                          It's pronounced "sah-LAIR-ee…..long story."

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

It's pronounced "sah-LAIR-ee…..long story."
                            Close. I'm no freaking vegetable.

Suh-LAIR-eee
                            You're a lying dog-faced pony soldier.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

AM needs to read my autographed copy of How To Be A Dick For Dummies.
                              So is that book about how to be an a-hole if you yourself are stupid, or a gigolo for stupid clients?
                              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                                I don't think Marshall is going to sit his leading scorer, leading hustle guy, leading energy guy for extended periods because that player hit a rough patch in his game. I suspect there's something going on that will not be known to fans. It might involve practices. Marshall has always said he plays the guys who practice the right way. Stevenson's minutes have dropped significantly. There might be a connection.
                                I have heard some rumors that Eric might be fighting tru a injury. Dex has came out if his funk surely Eric will 2.

Comment

Working...
                                X