No announcement yet.

Erik Stevenson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VCU thinks they can get meaner... and badder...and MADDER than Erik Stevenson.

You're welcome.

Comment

Comment

The Villlain

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
          Time to start a men's volleyball team?

Comment

That had to make coach smile. Total hustle play by ES profoundly stating "Get the weak s##t outta here"!!
            FINAL FOURS:
            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
            Number of Times Ranked: 157
            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
            #3 - Dec. 2017
            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
            #2 ~ March 2014
            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Not for nothing, but that's really good D by the freshman Etienne as well. His game-winning 3 yesterday is getting a little lost in the shuffle as well after the massive 12-0 run. Some really big plays by some really young guards.

Comment

Hell of an effort by Erik. The only thing that would have made it better is if he had been able to direct it to Jamarius on the wing. As it was OU got the ball back and scored so it kind of went to waste. But it was impressive. Erik's intensity throughout the game was impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Hell of an effort by Erik. The only thing that would have made it better is if he had been able to direct it to Jamarius on the wing. As it was OU got the ball back and scored so it kind of went to waste. But it was impressive. Erik's intensity throughout the game was impressive.

That would've been great. IMO that stuff doesn't really go to waste though. It grinds on you. Possession after possession, minute after minute, game after game. It makes you try to do something extra, makes you look over your shoulder, makes you think you have to do things perfectly. It's how you end up Top 10 in 2pt% defense and Top 25 in FT% defense.

Comment

And there’s Reaves standing around
                    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                    ---------------------------------------
                    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

I know it’s dramatic to swat a shot into the stands, but true shot blockers will just barely top it so they can snag it or tip it to a teammate. Not complaining about the effort though.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
                        I sat next to a woman who spent the entire game looking at her phone. Her husband was into the game, but she did not watch a minute of it. No clapping, no cheering, no singing. Just scrolling through her phone. I think he probably has grounds for divorce.
                        Tiger Woods commented on this last year I think. Fans don't applaud as much anymore because they're always hanging onto their phones. It's really strange.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                          I know it’s dramatic to swat a shot into the stands, but true shot blockers will just barely top it so they can snag it or tip it to a teammate. Not complaining about the effort though.
                          Erik had to speed up from behind when he saw what was going to happen. Excellent timing. That kind of block is seldom controllable. He just wanted to be sure OU didn't get an easy basket.

Comment

That block would cause a player to be benched by some coaches.
                            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

love that block....."Get that sh** out of here!"

Comment

Originally posted by B1ShockFan View Post
                                I noticed something different about Erik in the game yesterday he seems to jump much higher, I have noticed he is quicker but a couple of times yesterday he seemed to almost jump out of the arena. I have always thought he had the Wessel hustle and a high BBIQ and would be a key player but he is still improving. We have a great
                                bunch of young players and this team could develop into something very special.
                                He increased his vertical jump 6 inches over the summer. He had to have put in a lot work in the weight room. Very impressed with his all around improvement.

Comment

Working...
                                X